What was manumission like in the glory days?

95 at Manumissin. Probably the best it will ever be. What a time to be christened!

I stayed in Piscis Park for 10 days but only discovered proper clubbing towards the end, in the shape of manumission and clockwork. When I got home I started going to The Gallery @ Turnmills and Clockwork events religiously. As cliched as it sounds, that trip literally changed my life. I'm 40 this year and I'm going to Ibiza twice, once for clockwork and again for my birthday, which will involve Solomon and Cocoon. I'm married with 2 kids and a mortgage now and I still squeeze in rave ups whenever I can

In nearly 30 years of clubbing, Manumission between 95 and 97 were the best clubbing experiences I have ever had. It will never unfortunately be beaten, one of those once in a life time experiences. I have read about the debauchery at Studio 54 and this was up there with it.

Totally agree mate 1995 in not just that club but the whole island properly
rocked.
I have been numerous times since 1990 but 95 for me was the one my best summer since 1989.
I went 3 times that year.
But strangely it was Radio 1s first year and Cocaine started to creep into the scene. That might explain the moodiness that crept in and the subdued in my opinion year of 1996.
Then there was Ibiza Uncovered....

Totally agree mate 1995 in not just that club but the whole island properly
rocked.
I have been numerous times since 1990 but 95 for me was the one my best summer since 1989.
I went 3 times that year.
But strangely it was Radio 1s first year and Cocaine started to creep into the scene. That might explain the moodiness that crept in and the subdued in my opinion year of 1996.
Then there was Ibiza Uncovered....
Would you say when Ibiza uncovered showed the mainstream and others what Ibiza was like? I think manumission success came with a boost from the Ibiza uncovered

Uk nights arrived in 1994 I think:confused: by 1996 mambos had opened and every uk club and their sister clubs were on the island by 1997. It's been going downhill from then imo.. moondance and other local nights were pushed aside for superclubs £££ in the main clubs..

Last edited:
I actually thought it was all very over rated and generally the music was pretty dire. Went a few times lateish 90s and it was DJ's like Judge Jules, John Kelly, Seb Fontaine, Tall Paul on all occasions I went and wasn't really into that sound at the time.

I was about 97 or 98 and around the Ibiza uncovered spell when I went.

Was some funny antics about the place and when you think about it now mental cunts jumping that drop into the pool and not getting chucked out just cracking on with the night soaking wet :lol:

I have a vague memory of Alfredo in full Spiderman outfit zip lining into the booth the first time I went.

I actually thought it was all very over rated and generally the music was pretty dire. Went a few times lateish 90s and it was DJ's like Judge Jules, John Kelly, Seb Fontaine, Tall Paul on all occasions I went and wasn't really into that sound at the time.

I was about 97 or 98 and around the Ibiza uncovered spell when I went.

Was some funny antics about the place and when you think about it now mental cunts jumping that drop into the pool and not getting chucked out just cracking on with the night soaking wet :lol:
After the world series year in 95 or 96 it went down hill rapidly.. music was terrible most of the time but with the citied theme we had Todd Terry, Dimitri (Roxy Amsterdam) and lots more.. playing pool was good fun with everyone having different rules..lol

Back