What was manumission like in the glory days?

but I think now IMO , a lot (the majority?) of the nights in Ibiza are bland tech-house nights, with stylized brands , all about a "name" DJ, and everyone facing said DJ one hand in the air , phone in the other. Manumission was way more fun and random.

Arguably all underground EDM club nights around the world are now unfortunately like this too, especially the whole facing DJ bit! Maceo Plex in last year's Ibiza DJ Mag was saying how the DJ should be off to the side which would be good as it be more about the party.

Really wished i got to experience Manumission, I've seen some dancetrippin videos with John Kelly and the music alone was great... Closest we got is Supermartxe which judging by these stories doesn't even come close

You guys think if they brought back Manumission the way was properly done at Privilege up until late 90s it could work, or is it all about who's headlining events now??

You guys think if they brought back Manumission the way was properly done at Privilege up until late 90s it could work, or is it all about who's headlining events now??

I never got to experience but from what I know of 15 years clubbing , it wouldn't work. Too much social media, would require big name bookings and 'just be another night'.

In my opinion anyway

I never got to experience but from what I know of 15 years clubbing , it wouldn't work. Too much social media, would require big name bookings and 'just be another night'.

In my opinion anyway

I think that they could, but it would only work at Privilege.

In a way it could be anti social media.

The idea of decent DJs not being announced until on the night would be quite unique now. They would need to have someone turn up who was a decent name though, to get people interested in future events.

I think the (Good) ship has sailed now though.

There has been all of a return for a few years, but it ended up being Amnesia, then BOOOM!, then all kinda fell to bits.

I first went from around 2000 until it left Privilege, that and Sundays at Space were always my two highlights of any Ibiza holiday.

I will have such fond memories (and im sure many that have been wiped from my brain!). Stories to tell the kids when they are old ;)

Not enough twisted people prepared to get stuck in these days. That's what made the original parties.

These days you would have 90% of people just standing about waiting for something to happen and taking photos. Will never work on that scale again in Ibiza.

May have mentioned this before but last year i told someone about Manumission while I was in Ibiza and they didn't know what it was!! I was like shocked tbh!!

Am i the only one that remember a good looking athlethic performer/Go go, Tom Cruise look a like, Sucking his huge cock :eek: ,arm size,in the main room (unless it was an inflatable as i was quiet far)
I didnt pay too much to his show as it's not really my kind :p but I was laughing when seeing the sparkling eyes of some girls or some that look shocked:D Ibz 99?2000?
Having a chat with a performer that work in the glory day of Club St Raphaël/KU was a good experience, when seeing him as a cooker in a ibz town bar

Am i the only one that remember a good looking athlethic performer/Go go, Tom Cruise look a like, Sucking his huge cock :eek: ,arm size,in the main room (unless it was an inflatable as i was quiet far)
I didnt pay too much to his show as it's not really my kind :p but I was laughing when seeing the sparkling eyes of some girls or some that look shocked:D Ibz 99?2000?
Having a chat with a performer that work in the glory day of Club St Raphaël/KU was a good experience, when seeing him as a cooker in a ibz town bar

Fernando had the huge cock. Mind watching him doing star jumps on a podium right in front of my eye vision. Nearly knocked me out.

Back