The building formerly known as Space --> HÏ Ibiza

So lets get this ironed out. Space is staying as 'Space'? Nothing much is actually changing cosmetically (yet)? And from the way it seems the only changes are no Pepe or Coxy?? Is that what i'm gathering?

the venue might keep its name. it might also keep its shape for one more year.

but no matter how the place is called in the future, it will certainly be different to what it was. 2017 might be a year of transition it seems.

from a musical point of view, the two best running nights (coxy and elrow) are officially gone. I can't spill the beans just yet on the rest, but it's certainly gotten closer to ushuaïa in terms of programming

but it's certainly gotten closer to ushuaïa in terms of programming

I love how you keep us hanging Stivi hahaha it makes it more exciting but this 'closer to Ushuaia' talk. Yer not letting us know much but with that quote it's enough to know space is certainly not gonna be Space as it ever was (which we shoulda already knew by now). We're all just so confused right now I think haha still want a tenner on Richard Hawtin being involved. I love Hawtin but if he is heavily involved with this shebang I will be peeved off.

My daughter and friend are going next year to Space.. so im happy..:)

Last edited:
I've been sleeping - only just read all this. PMSL. Unfortunately a name means nothing compared to the "culture" of a club, but it'll be Space for a while longer, just probably with more VIP areas and a bit more horrendous tin-pot EDM.

I feel ripped off and I wasn't even at the space closing aha

:lol:

Last edited:
Hang on so matutes own the land, they built the club and named it space and run it as space for a few years before letting pepe come in to manage it. Is that right? Because im sure carl cox painted a slightly different picture during his space is the place programme the other week
Pepole love to talk (specially in oscial media) without having a single clue...

the venue might keep its name. it might also keep its shape for one more year.

but no matter how the place is called in the future, it will certainly be different to what it was. 2017 might be a year of transition it seems.

from a musical point of view, the two best running nights (coxy and elrow) are officially gone. I can't spill the beans just yet on the rest, but it's certainly gotten closer to ushuaïa in terms of programming
More EDM basically then, be interesting to see what happens either way

there will be a bit more EDM yeah, but that was clear. especially since space didn't have single a edm night in its last season.

A few predictions I have (no insider knowledge, just speculating):

ANTS will continue in some form across the road on a Saturday night. The brand is a huge success story. It is growing internationally. Foolish not to utilise it to its full potential. It can compete with elrow at Amnesia because it is stripped-back with more emphasis on the music vs. production. It's also the colour & vibrance of elrow vs. the black/white branding of ANTS. Plus, hey, from a punter perspective it's convenient jumping from Ushuaia to Space without the hassle of taxis or disco bus. Maybe Fanciulli & Voorn will resurrect La Familia to coincide? Both parties share a similar sound and a crossover of talent.

Axwell & Ingrosso will continue over the road on Wednesdays. Whether this will be Departures, or whether the long-hinted SHM reunion will happen, I don't know. Again, no insider info - or even a personal desire for it to happen. Just a feeling it might. Especially given Stivi's indication there will be at least 1 EDM night at old Space next season.

A few predictions I have (no insider knowledge, just speculating):

ANTS will continue in some form across the road on a Saturday night. The brand is a huge success story. It is growing internationally. Foolish not to utilise it to its full potential. It can compete with elrow at Amnesia because it is stripped-back with more emphasis on the music vs. production. It's also the colour & vibrance of elrow vs. the black/white branding of ANTS. Plus, hey, from a punter perspective it's convenient jumping from Ushuaia to Space without the hassle of taxis or disco bus. Maybe Fanciulli & Voorn will resurrect La Familia to coincide? Both parties share a similar sound and a crossover of talent.

Agree on this. Will be interesting if Fanciulli & Voorn are a big part of the new venue. You'd think they would, but then Nic was quite close to the people at Space. How did his mini-residency do at Pacha / Insane last year? I never got to one of his nights....

Will be interesting if Fanciulli & Voorn are a big part of the new venue. You'd think they would, but then Nic was quite close to the people at Space.

I would say he has done very well to keep both sides of the Matutes/Rosello happy. Since years ago I heard speculation that he was being groomed as Coxy's heir in waiting. He has a strong relationship with Ushuaia. I think he will be heavily involved.

Did We Are the Night set Pacha alight? I never went. I think I've read on these forums that Vagabundos was the runaway success at Insane last year. If I was to guess, I'd say We Are the Night was probably the least commercially successful compared to the other 3. Just a guess, mind.

WIC,

to your post further up (not the one above, but the one before)
yes to your first prediction, no to the second one

Does the first 'yes' also include Joris and Nic? I haven't yet had the chance to attend an ANTS night personally, but friends that have been have said it's one of the best nights on the island. Great crowd, atmosphere and selection of artists. From my own personal experience, I did manage to get to La Familia during 2015 and thought it was fantastic.

ANTS at Ushuaia then across the road to continue with the likes or Joris and Nic amongst others, personally appeals to me a lot more than elrow.

Back