The building formerly known as Space --> HÏ Ibiza

Does the first 'yes' also include Joris and Nic? I haven't yet had the chance to attend an ANTS night personally, but friends that have been have said it's one of the best nights on the island. Great crowd, atmosphere and selection of artists. From my own personal experience, I did manage to get to La Familia during 2015 and thought it was fantastic.

ANTS at Ushuaia then across the road to continue with the likes or Joris and Nic amongst others, personally appeals to me a lot more than elrow.

Personally I am totally bored of Ants - but that is just because I did it too much 2013-15. Also a lot of the "regular" DJs get very lazy with their sets! However, it is of course the run away success at Ushuaia, and if you do it once a year, it is still a brilliant night!

Are we right to assume that Luciano no longer has a strong relationship with Matutes/Ushuaia family? Or could the tramps be moving again?

Are we right to assume that Luciano no longer has a strong relationship with Matutes/Ushuaia family? Or could the tramps be moving again?

too early to tell; they're vagabonds and like to move...but often you don't know until later

Personally I am totally bored of Ants - but that is just because I did it too much 2013-15. Also a lot of the "regular" DJs get very lazy with their sets! However, it is of course the run away success at Ushuaia, and if you do it once a year, it is still a brilliant night!

I for one am bored with both ANTS as well as elrow. let's be honest, the music is extremely similar - straight up generic tech house for 80% of the time (and that's the main reason I'm not tempted). yeah you get the shows with elrow which are cool to see the first time (and then they start to annoy me) and you get the open air factor with ants, but IMHO ushuaïa is the least attractive open air set up on the island (I personally prefer benimussa park or destino 1000 times) so we're back on square one. over the course of the last few years I went to both ANTS and elrow about once a season and that was it.

but on the whole discussion, yeah it's going to be interesting to see how it turns out. while up until 2016, ants followed by elrow was a great combo for those who loved it, now they're turning into proper competition. will people take the easy route and continue over the road at space still after midnight? or will they hop on the bus to amnesia? someone's mentioned it further up I think, elrow has grown so much in the last few years and it's got a huge draw nowadays. and amnesia is simply a very fitting venue for elrow to happen. plus, think about this combo now: zoo project until midnight and then over to amnesia for elrow. but of course ushuaïa will do their best to keep their punters in pdb.

of course ushuaïa will do their best to keep their punters in pdb.

I think it's a given there will be a combo ticket option. But how about if they simply let anybody from ANTs daytime walk over the road and in for free? (so long as they go straight to Space and in by say 00:30)
Any money they might lose on the door, they would make up for in bar sales. Plus it'd reduce the chance of those customers considering leaving Bossa for elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took this approach this summer. At least until they get the new club established.

Or maybe they wont. But if elrow starts off on the front foot, I bet they'd consider it further down the line.

I think it's a given there will be a combo ticket option. But how about if they simply let anybody from ANTs daytime walk over the road and in for free? (so long as they go straight to Space and in by say 00:30)
Any money they might lose on the door, they would make up for in bar sales. Plus it'd reduce the chance of those customers considering leaving Bossa for elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took this approach this summer. At least until they get the new club established.

Or maybe they wont. But if elrow starts off on the front foot, I bet they'd consider it further down the line.

oh I'm pretty sure there will be combos. if they're free or discounted that we'll see. but yes on some nights I am convinced there will be combos to keep the people in their clubs.

ah, drove past 'space' earlier today. didn't take any pictures, but it does look like they are starting to work on it.

Reactions: M.E
I suppose it poses the question, do ANY of the big DJs (Hawtin, Carola etc) have the balls to head-line a night at the 'new space venue'. There is IMO a lot of reputation risk in the likes of the less commercial orientated DJs doing this. Do any of them have the balls to take it on. Rightly or wrongly, if the venue stays in the same shape and size as it was then they are always going to be compared to Cox and seen as stepping in his shoes etc.

I suppose it poses the question, do ANY of the big DJs (Hawtin, Carola etc) have the balls to head-line a night at the 'new space venue'. There is IMO a lot of reputation risk in the likes of the less commercial orientated DJs doing this. Do any of them have the balls to take it on. Rightly or wrongly, if the venue stays in the same shape and size as it was then they are always going to be compared to Cox and seen as stepping in his shoes etc.

Money talks. If they are offered enough they will do it. Im not sure these guys play for the love of it anymore.

Yeah, I mean look at the whole We Love Sundays/Space on Sundays debacle last year. Had loads of the old guard calling for it to be boycotted.

Still had decent line-ups most weeks. Certainly didn't put everyone off playing for them.

Money talks. If they are offered enough they will do it. Im not sure these guys play for the love of it anymore.

true up to a certain extent, but there's far more to it.

one factor is the money offered. of course the labels and DJs are interested to make the best deal. but the other factor is the risk you take if you move an event from one venue to another. if you move somewhere bigger, your event might grow further...but if it doesn't work out, it might not fill the new venue enough and boom, your wave is over. plus, if you move a perfectly working night to another venue, there are always punters that won't appreciate that move and will stop attending your party. honestly, if you've got a superb working night and you move it somewhere else, it's a very delicate matter. and that's when, sometimes, even a huge offer isn't enough to convince someone to move from venue A to B. it's happened before and it's happening again this year.

plus, if you move a perfectly working night to another venue, there are always punters that won't appreciate that move and will stop attending
This is the exact reason i have stopped going to watch my team play. Been going to watch west ham since 1988. Was lucky enough to stand on the old north and south bank terracing and held a season ticket for the last 15 years. But the move to the olympic stadium has killed all the charector and taken the sole from the club. Its just not the same. While i will always support the team i just cant go to see them play live anymore so i can see how the same applies to loyal followers of any night not just the popular ones.

Personally i cant think of any current party that needs to concider a move other than maybe tale of us. Not sure they will fit the new place but then is there room for them anywhere else?

This is the exact reason i have stopped going to watch my team play. Been going to watch west ham since 1988. Was lucky enough to stand on the old north and south bank terracing and held a season ticket for the last 15 years. But the move to the olympic stadium has killed all the charector and taken the sole from the club. Its just not the same. While i will always support the team i just cant go to see them play live anymore so i can see how the same applies to loyal followers of any night not just the popular ones.

Personally i cant think of any current party that needs to concider a move other than maybe tale of us. Not sure they will fit the new place but then is there room for them anywhere else?

Haven't they now sold more season tickets than the overall capacity of the old stadium?

So for every old fart staying at home 3 new ones will emerge.

The same will apply for USBJ's

Haven't they now sold more season tickets than the overall capacity of the old stadium?

So for every old fart staying at home 3 new ones will emerge.

The same will apply for USBJ's

They have sold a lot of season tickets, but they are really f***ing cheap. In a nut shell they're being subsidised by the tax payers who funded the Olympics.

What you are seeing is the gentrification of football. Move the working class out,and the middle class in. All these new stadiums are all pretty much the same,they have no character, just like the people they're attracting to these sanitised domes .

Back