The building formerly known as Space --> HÏ Ibiza

So what's the feeling on Hi in 2018? Has it settled in to its 'role' on the island? Or do people still feel its more of a Vegas club?

From what I read/hear people seem to like the production at Prydz but the venue doesn't suit Afterlife and Cream seems very low profile there compared to its Amnesia glory days...but I'm yet to visit in 2018 so can't judge!

Attended Hi both last year and this year, and my personal feeling is still the same. Is it the most vegas-like club on the island, production/lights are very good but the Ibiza feeling is certainly not there.
Also im still struggling to like the sound setup in both dancefloors, this is just miles away from Pacha that with its new setup is the king of sound setup in my mind.
I was hoping the sound just needed a tune since last year, but seems thats not the case

The VIP thing doesnt bother me really, but its sometimes crowded in a bad way and sound is just not good.
Would be interesting to see if someone else feels the same

No lie some of of my best nights in ibz the past two years was Hï. They just make everything come together, making you feel like the tracks were made for the club specifically in mind.

I meant to go there more this year but body couldn't handle it so I only did July 26th afterlife

Listened to sashas 1hr space closing set this week again, just perfect, didn't go for the main classics like age of love/nights of jaguar like most the other djs but still played the perfect set with old school tunes.
Made me miss space again.
Listened zabielas 30mins too sooo good

Can we still talk about space here? Too late :p

Listened to sashas 1hr space closing set this week again, just perfect, didn't go for the main classics like age of love/nights of jaguar like most the other djs but still played the perfect set with old school tunes.

When he plays Billy Hendrix Body Shine. Amazing

Space is the place. I wish I could be there, but since I can't, I have this poem that I would like to share. Ever since I first stept foot inside those famous walls, I longed to stay there forever. There I was with many likeminded people, dancing together. Although I was not old enough to see the open terrace, all the stories I've heard definitely make me jealous. Imagine a place where you could party from morning until night, with the sun beating down as you look up to see another person's flight. I'm honoured to say I was there, if only I could've been more. But no matter when, be it still here or not, Space is the place that I adore.

Was there last tuesday for the Eric Prydz night, and I have to say it was immense! Top marks, he seams to be well ahead of the game.

First time in there and I was a bit sceptical beforehand to be honest, but was soon soaking up the atmosphere with a good deadmau5 set followed by Eric Prydz.

I don't know what any of the other nights at Hi are like, but I'd definitely do an Eric Prydz night again.

Last time I was at Space was 2016 on the Carl Cox night and I think Pan Pot were on too. For some reason at the time I didn't fully appreciate that it was my last night in there, ever. I'd heard it was closing down, but I actually thought it would just reopen again the following year. What a muppett I am.

If i could have a 2nd go at any night it would be Space closing, and go and check loads of sets i didnt on the night. Ffs i miss Space :(

The videos of HI you can find at Youtube really scare me... the exact opposite of what I expect from a good party.
Overcrowded, Mobiles in the air, VIP nonsense like mini fireworks, looks like fake people in a fake club....

The videos of HI you can find at Youtube really scare me... the exact opposite of what I expect from a good party.
Overcrowded, Mobiles in the air, VIP nonsense like mini fireworks, looks like fake people in a fake club....

That could be almost any club in the world nowadays unfortunately... That said unless you are into that music and that scene, it is probably not a good party for you anyway

That could be almost any club in the world nowadays unfortunately... That said unless you are into that music and that scene, it is probably not a good party for you anyway

you're right up to a certain extent, but what really makes the difference as to how many phones you've got up in the air is the amount of production you put into a room. less production, less phones. it's simple really.

The videos of HI you can find at Youtube really scare me...

to be fair all the videos you posted are from EDM parties. It should be a little bit different at afterlife and possibly at black coffee. but not a lot by accounts on this forum :)

Lucky me that most parties and clubs I go to look really different. Anthing like that would only happen once in Berlin/Hamburg/Cologne afterwards nobody would return there... :)
I can't remember any scenes like that ever happend at any Coxy night at Space.
I also checked some of the Black Coffee videos, but they don't look that different.
Anyway did not wan't to start bashing. People like, what they like. I guess I will simply have to live with the fact that Playa de Bossa has changed a lot in the last 5 years.

Things move on and tastes evolve and the changes usually represent progress.
Unfortunately when it comes to Ibiza quite a lot of changes especially in recent years have not been for the better.
Hi just another example of how greed can destroy something. I'm hoping this year is the tipping point when hotel's, beachclubs and overpriced club nights see a big decrease in numbers and the Instagram crew f*** off to somewhere else
It's not as if the locals benefit from the ridiculously overpriced tourist model.

Seen the good and the bad at Hi this week.

Got dragged along to Cream to see Dmitri Vegas press play on the USB stick while his mate Mike shouted crap at the crowd like a wedding DJ and it was awful. I've been to Cream gigs in Liverpool, London and Amnesia before and this just didn't feel like a Cream event. Also lots of VIP's doing that weird 'squat shuffle' where they jig on the spot with the camera on selfie for their insta story. Urgh!

However, last night I went to Glitterbox and pleased to report it was brilliant! Great mixed crowd, people there to enjoy the music and DJ's who know how to play (Sanchez and Van Helden, others in the Club room were also great) and overall it felt like a Space night. Even those in VIP looked like normal people who had just treated themselves (aside from one Calvin Harris who was watching!)

Back