The building formerly known as Space --> HÏ Ibiza

Discussion in 'Ibiza parties and clubs' started by McRackin, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Mckinney1986

Mckinney1986 Member

I went to uni in Newcastle, went to both these nights/clubs many a time. See a few good names.

Discoallman likes this.
  2. Springal

Springal Active Member

I grew up with a thriving Brighton. Saw so many 'top' DJs there between the age of 17-20... looking around now and its mainly VIP / bottle service type commercial clubs everywhere. There are some smaller clubs that do well. The old Zap Club probably has a 'named' DJ every 4-6 weeks or so but there is no where near the programming that I enjoyed growing up. It is getting better but venues don't seem to hang around any more or constantly re-brand. I've not been out 'clubbing' in Brighton for years.

Re: London I think some of the clubs struggle to get consistent programming and numbers in place, but I don't think I've been to many 'quiet' nights anywhere in the last 5 years. That said I pick and choose. Even Viva Warriors on NYD seemed to be getting promoted heavily, and FB / RA only showed a few hundred as 'going' but you couldn't move in Fire when the night was on.

3. Discoallman

Discoallman Member

Shindig did a festival at spillers wharf if you know it near the tyne bar couple year back was next level.

Mckinney1986 likes this.
  4. Mckinney1986

Mckinney1986 Member

I was at this lol

Discoallman likes this.
  5. SBrown91

SBrown91 Active Member

Ape x already has Paul Woolford @ Cosmics then Ame and Gerd Janson @ Digital announced for next couple of weeks!

(Although admittedly i haven't been 'clubbing' locally in absolute ages:()

6. soha

soha Active Member

Yeah here in Ireland (north anyway) Id say it's the opposite. Club nights are thriving and it's as if they arnt even in competition with each other anymore they big each other up on fb like there's enough punters to go around.

7. Discoallman

Discoallman Member

I couldn’t say I’ve really listened to those Names much but I’m not a fan of more minimal stuff if any of them are. As per Jan everyone is skint so won’t be attending any but I must say I love cosmic nice intermit venue.

8. spinksy123

spinksy123 Active Member

Egg when I do go seems decent and busy.....

9. Buckley

Buckley Well-Known Member

They've done well to be fair. Outlived Turnmills, Bagleys, The Cross, The End and a host of others. To think all of those and more used to be busy most weekends, as well as Ministry and other smaller clubs - I don't think there's anything like that level now. (Or maybe I'm too old to know!)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    craig72 likes this.
  10. SBrown91

SBrown91 Active Member

I suggest you get listening to all 3 no minimal there;)

Also check out Backdrop (which have events at cosmic and Whq) and Reasons to be cheerful (whq) the latter have moodyman booked sometime soon!

11. TheHiredGoon

TheHiredGoon Active Member

Ah the good old days...

NilSatis likes this.
  12. balearic joe

balearic joe Active Member

craig72 likes this.
  13. balearic joe

Kids ditched fb for snap chat and insta gram years ago. I'm still ahead of them all,I've never been on it.

mr_why and craig72 like this.
  14. balearic joe

... we've had this discussion on here many times. It's got nothing to do with people being old,or out of touch. There hasn't been any mass counter culture or mass youth movements for 18 + years.

The youth are boring. They're vain,they like to get dressed up,go to exclusive bars,clubs,hotels,drink a few expensive drinks,take lots of pics of themselves pretending to have fun,and post them on insta /snap chat ( preferably both),and get a good dopamine hit when the likes start rolling in.

I know,I have a 19 year old daughter. Then again a least she ain't doing what I was doing at 19 :lol:

15. Discoallman

Discoallman Member

Apologies I wasn’t a full front techno fan until recently only 24 haha. Yeah I’ve seen them all look worth attending. Go to Tenerife next week got my club night booked then. Probably won’t be clubbing til April as my clubbing friend has became recently boring! But big one for Easter and my birthday mid April. I hope Newcastle has something to offer if not will be heading further afield for it.

Been to whq once got kicked out in minutes. Those bouncers hider every where :eek:

SBrown91 likes this.
  16. diver

diver Well-Known Member

The old boring friend situation!!!
    Been in this situation too, it’s not good

17. Discoallman

Discoallman Member

In all honesty he’s the main man for me all my other friend said have no interest unless it’s edm.

He basically just goes full force on night every other month. Famous words “ going to pack it in me had it with it all”

Boxing Day his Mrs went in the shower so he had the plate out had a sly one and she only walked in. Priceless “get your bags packed” was shouted in his face.

Just need to persuade him to come out more before she drags him to settle down haha

SBrown91 likes this.
  18. lee111s

lee111s Active Member

Second the above about ape-x etc, still some quality nights club nights in Newcastle. Used to go to motion but it’s full of helmets (Shindig has suffered the same over the past couple of years with the “scenesters” who have to upload their video of the “choon” which is flavour of the month). The exception was the night with Sven last year which was amazing, mostly to do with the fact they sold the right amount of tickets for the venue. I hope Shindig revisit the ByDay concept, it was immense, despite it being 9 degrees on the Tyne in May :D

Got tickets for Âme and Gerd in a few weeks. It’ll be a lovely time.

Discoallman, SBrown91 and craig72 like this.
  19. Don Simon

Don Simon Well-Known Member

That's nearly 2 pages completely off topic now!
    Doesn't anyone care about Hi??

Evolution, craig72 and Thomas Cliche like this.
  20. Thomas Cliche

Thomas Cliche Member

According to stivi, Prydz should be back in 2018.

Rumors on this forum also say that they are pretty agressif trying to sign other big Ibiza names... Marco Carola? Solomun?