The building formerly known as Space --> HÏ Ibiza

We have digital in Newcastle which I enjoy. Patrick toppings night motion sells out when it’s on every 3 month but it’s saturated with kids who just follow the crowd!

We have Shindig also but that currently has no venue. It’s a good crowd to hope it picks up am getting bored and skint of having to venture to Leeds/manc for a club night.

Ape x already has Paul Woolford @ Cosmics then Ame and Gerd Janson @ Digital announced for next couple of weeks!

(Although admittedly i haven't been 'clubbing' locally in absolute ages:()

Yeah here in Ireland (north anyway) Id say it's the opposite. Club nights are thriving and it's as if they arnt even in competition with each other anymore they big each other up on fb like there's enough punters to go around.

Ape x already has Paul Woolford @ Cosmics then Ame and Gerd Janson @ Digital announced for next couple of weeks!

(Although admittedly i haven't been 'clubbing' locally in absolute ages:()
I couldn’t say I’ve really listened to those Names much but I’m not a fan of more minimal stuff if any of them are. As per Jan everyone is skint so won’t be attending any but I must say I love cosmic nice intermit venue.

In London - pubs closing because developers want to turn big cash from flats, live music venues closing because developers build next to them and the new residents complain about the noise. The kids I play football with spend their spare time in the gym to post their buff bods on social media and meet 'dates' on Tinder.

Can't comment on how busy London clubs are these days - are numbers down?

Egg when I do go seems decent and busy.....

Egg when I do go seems decent and busy.....

They've done well to be fair. Outlived Turnmills, Bagleys, The Cross, The End and a host of others. To think all of those and more used to be busy most weekends, as well as Ministry and other smaller clubs - I don't think there's anything like that level now. (Or maybe I'm too old to know!)

Last edited:
I couldn’t say I’ve really listened to those Names much but I’m not a fan of more minimal stuff if any of them are. As per Jan everyone is skint so won’t be attending any but I must say I love cosmic nice intermit venue.

I suggest you get listening to all 3 no minimal there;)

Also check out Backdrop (which have events at cosmic and Whq) and Reasons to be cheerful (whq) the latter have moodyman booked sometime soon!

They've done well to be fair. Outlived Turnmills, Bagleys, The Cross, The End and a host of others. To think all of those and more used to be busy most weekends, as well as Ministry and other smaller clubs - I don't think there's anything like that level now. (Or maybe I'm too old to know!)
Ah the good old days...

Every generation reacts to the last. The next generation of kids will probably be all about privacy, less about living their life on FB. Already my 13 year old nephew finds FB and the like naff. I mean his parents are on it!

Kids ditched fb for snap chat and insta gram years ago. I'm still ahead of them all,I've never been on it.

... we've had this discussion on here many times. It's got nothing to do with people being old,or out of touch. There hasn't been any mass counter culture or mass youth movements for 18 + years.

The youth are boring. They're vain,they like to get dressed up,go to exclusive bars,clubs,hotels,drink a few expensive drinks,take lots of pics of themselves pretending to have fun,and post them on insta /snap chat ( preferably both),and get a good dopamine hit when the likes start rolling in.

I know,I have a 19 year old daughter. Then again a least she ain't doing what I was doing at 19 :lol:

I suggest you get listening to all 3 no minimal there;)

Also check out Backdrop (which have events at cosmic and Whq) and Reasons to be cheerful (whq) the latter have moodyman booked sometime soon!
Apologies I wasn’t a full front techno fan until recently only 24 haha. Yeah I’ve seen them all look worth attending. Go to Tenerife next week got my club night booked then. Probably won’t be clubbing til April as my clubbing friend has became recently boring! But big one for Easter and my birthday mid April. I hope Newcastle has something to offer if not will be heading further afield for it.

Been to whq once got kicked out in minutes. Those bouncers hider every where :eek:

Apologies I wasn’t a full front techno fan until recently only 24 haha. Yeah I’ve seen them all look worth attending. Go to Tenerife next week got my club night booked then. Probably won’t be clubbing til April as my clubbing friend has became recently boring! But big one for Easter and my birthday mid April. I hope Newcastle has something to offer if not will be heading further afield for it.

Been to whq once got kicked out in minutes. Those bouncers hider every where :eek:
The old boring friend situation!!!
Been in this situation too, it’s not good

The old boring friend situation!!!
Been in this situation too, it’s not good
In all honesty he’s the main man for me all my other friend said have no interest unless it’s edm.

He basically just goes full force on night every other month. Famous words “ going to pack it in me had it with it all”

Boxing Day his Mrs went in the shower so he had the plate out had a sly one and she only walked in. Priceless “get your bags packed” was shouted in his face.

Just need to persuade him to come out more before she drags him to settle down haha

Second the above about ape-x etc, still some quality nights club nights in Newcastle. Used to go to motion but it’s full of helmets (Shindig has suffered the same over the past couple of years with the “scenesters” who have to upload their video of the “choon” which is flavour of the month). The exception was the night with Sven last year which was amazing, mostly to do with the fact they sold the right amount of tickets for the venue. I hope Shindig revisit the ByDay concept, it was immense, despite it being 9 degrees on the Tyne in May :D

Got tickets for Âme and Gerd in a few weeks. It’ll be a lovely time.

Second the above about ape-x etc, still some quality nights club nights in Newcastle. Used to go to motion but it’s full of helmets (Shindig has suffered the same over the past couple of years with the “scenesters” who have to upload their video of the “choon” which is flavour of the month). The exception was the night with Sven last year which was amazing, mostly to do with the fact they sold the right amount of tickets for the venue. I hope Shindig revisit the ByDay concept, it was immense, despite it being 9 degrees on the Tyne in May :D

Me and you are alike sir

YES agreed need by day. Remember the after party on the Saturday at the cut Derrick Carter? Got to the door and my mate flapped it was gutted

Back