The building formerly known as Space --> HÏ Ibiza

When I look at the new breed of clubbers/ravers online, in clubbing photographs, I secretly cry to myself hoping I didn’t look as cringeworthy

Every generation reacts to the last. The next generation of kids will probably be all about privacy, less about living their life on FB. Already my 13 year old nephew finds FB and the like naff. I mean his parents are on it!

See, I wonder if this is why clubbing numbers have dropped, certainly in the UK?
Kids don't seem to want to go out weekly anymore, their parents did (and still do it). Clubbing was counter culture, it's now very much culture.
Are the new generation going find escape in other ways?

See, I wonder if this is why clubbing numbers have dropped, certainly in the UK?
Kids don't seem to want to go out weekly anymore, their parents did (and still do it). Clubbing was counter culture, it's now very much culture.
Are the new generation going find escape in other ways?

Pubs and clubs are generally dead locally now. I've no idea where the younger generation go. Make me wonder if everyone is so up to date through social media. They don't feel the need to go out.....

In fact we don't have a club in our town anymore.....

I find it’s the complete opposite here. Our local club, who class themselves as a super club, Lush. Still pull big names and big crowds. The two biggest city’s in the north, Belfast and Derry, have more nights on than ever. The choice of nights and the selection of djs is the best it’s ever been, in my time anyway.

In London - pubs closing because developers want to turn big cash from flats, live music venues closing because developers build next to them and the new residents complain about the noise. The kids I play football with spend their spare time in the gym to post their buff bods on social media and meet 'dates' on Tinder.

Can't comment on how busy London clubs are these days - are numbers down?

That was from 2013 dixon&mano for the 8th birthday.. they had sasha last Oct for 12th
Lots of heavy hitters for this year..

We have digital in Newcastle which I enjoy. Patrick toppings night motion sells out when it’s on every 3 month but it’s saturated with kids who just follow the crowd!

We have Shindig also but that currently has no venue. It’s a good crowd to hope it picks up am getting bored and skint of having to venture to Leeds/manc for a club night.

We have digital in Newcastle which I enjoy. Patrick toppings night motion sells out when it’s on every 3 month but it’s saturated with kids who just follow the crowd!

We have Shindig also but that currently has no venue. It’s a good crowd to hope it picks up am getting bored and skint of having to venture to Leeds/manc for a club night.

I went to uni in Newcastle, went to both these nights/clubs many a time. See a few good names.

I grew up with a thriving Brighton. Saw so many 'top' DJs there between the age of 17-20... looking around now and its mainly VIP / bottle service type commercial clubs everywhere. There are some smaller clubs that do well. The old Zap Club probably has a 'named' DJ every 4-6 weeks or so but there is no where near the programming that I enjoyed growing up. It is getting better but venues don't seem to hang around any more or constantly re-brand. I've not been out 'clubbing' in Brighton for years.

Re: London I think some of the clubs struggle to get consistent programming and numbers in place, but I don't think I've been to many 'quiet' nights anywhere in the last 5 years. That said I pick and choose. Even Viva Warriors on NYD seemed to be getting promoted heavily, and FB / RA only showed a few hundred as 'going' but you couldn't move in Fire when the night was on.

Back