Talk me through your first day!

Flying out on Wednesday, landing in the afternoon. Taxi to the Hotel (Bora Bora, so not even pretending to chill at any point), check-in, bags to the room.
Then straight to the supermarket to get some necessities. Back to the room, down 1-n San Miguel on the balcony and head for some food as I will probably not have eaten anything by that point since breakfast.

Afterwards probably a stroll up and down the beach, perhaps a quick pit stop at No Name Bar along the way ("What time ist it?" -> "Shot o'clock!!").

At some point we will hopefully make it back to the room in time to shower and get ready for the night:
- some more chilled beers/vodka mixers on the balcony
- walk along the bars to sort supplies
- perhaps another pit stop at a bar

Then off to Pacha for Cocoon.

If that all works out as planned here, I will be shocked... :)
Can't wait!

Oh no :( I've just had a listen to the Spotlight ANTS playlist on Spotify and am only keen on a handful of the tracks on there. Maybe should avoid then.

We might be able to get guestlist through friend of a friend. If that's the case we'll go, but if we have to pay full price entry looks like we're better off leaving it.

So potentially wide open again on day 1!

What to do, what to do....

I would highly recommend Ants - It is one of the best events on the island in my opinion you should experience it. The main stage opens a little later into the evening and that is when it really picks up

The crowed is all ages and the stage and the performances is quite spectacular

I would always recommend Ants to someone going to Ibiza and not sure what party to do

@Life of Rye,

“I would always recommend Ants to someone going to Ibiza and not sure what party to do.”

Is it banging? I’ve wanted to go but concerned it wouldn’t have enough energy for me...

@Life of Rye,

“I would always recommend Ants to someone going to Ibiza and not sure what party to do.”

Is it banging? I’ve wanted to go but concerned it wouldn’t have enough energy for me...

It is proper - I am going on the 07th July will be my 3rd time doing Ants. Don't have any concerns honestly you cannot go wrong

Reactions: Liv
Ants party ? :rolleyes: won't go back except closing...

on the bottom of parties to recommand and i ve done many Ants party since their first year 2012 as it was always free :D, 1rst time ive paid for Ants this year :mad: it made a hole to my budget :lol:, far from epic party ..

Last edited:
It is proper - I am going on the 07th July will be my 3rd time doing Ants. Don't have any concerns honestly you cannot go wrong

Hmmm....sounds tempting.....Do you mind if I ask what you think the average BPM would be for Ants? Sometimes I think my definition of“banging” is a higher BPM than most :spank::twisted: :lol:

Its certainly not hard house/happy hardcore banging lol
Lol, I don’t dig happy hardcore, and whilst I am a lover of underground hard house (which I certainly don’t expect in Ibz) & hard techno, I generally find tech house too slow (& boring). I just want music that keeps grooving. I don’t like to dance then stop, dance, stop etc. (Solomun was like that for me. Cranking up the BPM then dropping it for too long. Totally gutted too as was so excited to see him at Pacha).And neither do I like to just sway. I like to move my body. Get sweaty & go! A bit nuts actually :lol::twisted: but I find faster music gives me energy.

Last edited:
Lol, I don’t dig happy hardcore, and whilst I am a lover of underground hard house (which I certainly don’t expect in Ibz) & hard techno, I generally find tech house too slow (& boring). I just want music that keeps grooving. I don’t like to dance then stop, dance, stop etc. (Solomun was like that for me. Cranking up the BPM then dropping it for too long. Totally gutted too as was so excited to see him at Pacha).And neither do I like to just sway. I like to move my body. Get sweaty & go! A bit nuts actually :lol::twisted: but I find faster music gives me energy.

Tech house is 120ish bpm - if you don't like tech house then Ants isn't for you

Thanks life of rye ;) - used to love tech house 2004 - 2011ish. It had melody, rythym, base (plus the 120 with some progression). I don’t pick up much melody or rythym in the tech stuff I hear now; nor for the past few years. Lots of monotony. This new genre of Dessert house has rythym and melody but slow BPM for dancing (just my opinion of course). Appreciate your reply. However, I might go past & have a sit outside & listen for a bit to make up my mind! :lol:

We arrive late so mine is technically second day but...

Get up at a decent hour, have breakfast at the hotel then get the water Taxi to Playa Pinet and spend the day at the beach. Probably going to go to On The Rocks which looks alright online (any reviews welcomed) for lunch and a few afternoon drinks.
Leave the beach around 5ish I imagine, back to the hotel for a shower and tidy ourselves up before heading to Zoo Project.

My first time staying in San An after about 8 visits and my girlfriend’s first trip.

Back