Talk me through your first day!

doing clubs alone takes guts - it's not for the shy, self-conscious or paranoid. I have done it before in London and most people look at you like you're a dealer, undercover, creep or thief (or any combo of the above)

It’s weird because back home I hate going clubbing on my own as I do feel really self conscious, but out here in Ibiza I couldn’t care less!

Excellent! Think i’ll be checking it out later this month

Surprising about DC10. Thought they had Void? I’ve only been once. Unfortunately did not dig the club at all. Toilet situation & people were absolutely mullered (falling over, not able to stand / no dancing just swaying. Bizarre).

Hey so I'm a Ibiza virgin, heading over for my first time in September, staying San Antonio area. If any "party" people have been there recently could you shoot me a pm? Just looking for some info! Thanks

Excellent! Think i’ll be checking it out later this month

Surprising about DC10. Thought they had Void? I’ve only been once. Unfortunately did not dig the club at all. Toilet situation & people were absolutely mullered (falling over, not able to stand / no dancing just swaying. Bizarre).

Ket

Back from my week away. As predicted, pretty much zero of what we had planned actually panned out!

We arrived nice and early at Club Bahamas in Bossa, and chilled by the pool with some pina coladas for a few hours until our room was ready.

Had planned to go and do ANTS but weather took a proper turn for the worse, absolutely chucked it down with some pretty scary looking lightning so thought we'd stay in with our mates and have a hotel balcony catch up, was nice!

Ended up doing Zoo project the next day and absolutely loved it. Then went to this place called Lio in the marina area which was full of proper poshos. Our friend was promoting an event there so we went to check it out. Sound system was actually really decent in there, shame about the mixing. Live sax player + tech house = awful.

Amazing week, will do a proper write up soon.

on sunday, yes Idris elba, no clue who is this bloke,i used to go to lio on friday, i'll go on thursday for Ego manumission if having a mate as no way to go to this kind of place solo (i ve always been many times solo)

doing clubs alone takes guts - it's not for the shy, self-conscious or paranoid. I have done it before in London and most people look at you like you're a dealer, undercover, creep or thief (or any combo of the above)

Quite happy to do it if I can get a bit swedgered and others are swedgered. In that state I often end up wandering around doing my own thing anyway, usually chatting to people in the chillout area rather than dancing... :rolleyes: It's all a lot easier in Ibiza than back home, though. Think I might just be done with it back home, after a brief period of trying to get back into it (and almost getting busted by bouncers :spank:).

on sunday, yes Idris elba, no clue who is this bloke,i used to go to lio on friday, i'll go on thursday for Ego manumission if having a mate as no way to go to this kind of place solo (i ve always been many times solo)

British actor. Not a bad one either. His recent 6 part series was good (name escapes me). Music style...a bit commercial, mix of bits and pieces, not much EDM, but some here and there. Hate that sh*t. I spose a bit like fatboy slim plays now. Not my kind of thing.

what was the name of lio party?

Yeah it was Idris Elba. He was playing some decent tech house and there were some nice mixes in there but that live saxophone player was doing my head in. It really didn't work.

Loved the sound system though!

What time did you get there? What was music like?

Got there about 7pm, bit of tribally sounding tech, laid back. Really nice. Seal pit wasn't open though which was a shame.

Reactions: Liv
Yeah it was Idris Elba. He was playing some decent tech house and there were some nice mixes in there but that live saxophone player was doing my head in. It really didn't work.

Loved the sound system though!

Over the sax & bongos...even if I did hear a set of some fun fast funky house from 2003, I wouldn’t like it. A bit like Barbra Tucker singing :lol: Glad he played a nice set. I saw him play with fatboy 2011 Ushuaïa - sis was over from SA so she really wanted to see fatboy. We were surprised by Idris’s ability to mix. It didn’t seem bad. And yeah, if it’s the same sound system as El Divino (before it became Lio) it is wicked. And the view....never been since it changed to Lio & became a theatre type show thing.

Meet the pirate i got many ways to go to lio for free Friday(70€ saver), thursday (40€ saver) :cool:

Looks like this topic went of topic since many posts :D

First day in ibz should be like this july 20th 2018

Landed 2pm, car picking around 3h00pm,Once my usb key music is working, i can tell i'm ready to Rock IBZ :cool: 4h00pm ibz town to buy food to leave, ibz flao, 3-4 bugnol cakes, spar supermarket, hierbas, ice cube, aquarius, water 5l, ice tea,4 fresh coffees, bananas 5h00pm on the way to pickup 2-3 mates at the egg, san an (still don't know if the ibz virgin added to my group yesterday, want to do Co benimussa park), at Benimussa parking 1-2 hierbas shot & let the animal inside u express at :lol: Benimussa park
After Clockstock benimussa park, 1hour to rest eat in san an then straight to ES paradise Clockwork orange until the end.

Reactions: Liv
Yes we have gone totally off topic....my first day, which is this Friday, I’m with a girl friend, first girls trip without kids.....we’re going to be like kids in a sweet shop!!! I have made all these plans, but as long as I have gin & tonic, something to eat then we’ll be looking for somewhere to dance early on. Not much choice; Bora Bora or Blue Marlin. Then dinner & to bed. Unless Music on is totally worth it. Liked the sound of Oxia.....but as I say, we’re moms, and 40, so we’ll probably be exhausted by 10pm! :lol:

Im defo 2 of those things and also get anxiety a fair bit but have been clubbing in Manchester and Ibiza on my own. Its quite invigorating as youre doing what your brain is telling you not to but never had a bad night. The worst part for me is probably the lack of social before and after, once in the club i love it.

Back