Talk me through your first day!

skoo

I'm off this Saturday and can't seem to stay away from this forum.

To ramp up the excitement levels even more I'd love to hear from Spotlighters on their kick off plans for their upcoming trips. What does your first day/night look like?

Here's mine:

I'll be arriving earlyish Saturday morning, staying at Club Bahamas.

We're planning Destino and Solomun at Pacha for Sunday so planning to take it easy on the Saturday so we're fresh for a full all day and all night session on Sunday.

So after me and my husband arriving and hopefully getting allocated a room, we're going to check out the hotel, do a bit of lounging and wait for our friends to arrive, maybe head to Bora Bora for a couple of hours.

When our friends arrive, we're going to have dinner at the hotel, then pop over the road to Ushuaia for ANTS at about 9pm for just a few hours of dancing, and then bed by 1am latest.

That's the plan anyway, a few of the group are keen to go big on the first night - determined to stay strong this year! I say this every year...!

What about you?

I have written off my 1st day. A regional 3.5 hour flight over would obviously change things but...

Flight lands at 2pm... roughly 12 hours after leaving Puerto Rico, w/ connection in Madrid. Will probably take 30-45 min to disembark and get rental car. Another 45 min to reach hotel at Portinatx, and another 30 min to check in and get to room. I imagine it will be about 5pm. We will probably wander around the resort and grab a pizza, stop someplace to get basics for teh fridge. Kids (mom & dad) will likely be cranky by then...

For fun, I might stop by a rando pub to watch your lions take on Tunisia if everyone else passes out and I get bored.

2nd day is where the fun starts for me.

I have written off my 1st day. A regional 3.5 hour flight over would obviously change things but...

Flight lands at 2pm... roughly 12 hours after leaving Puerto Rico, w/ connection in Madrid. Will probably take 30-45 min to disembark and get rental car. Another 45 min to reach hotel at Portinatx, and another 30 min to check in and get to room. I imagine it will be about 5pm. We will probably wander around the resort and grab a pizza, stop someplace to get basics for teh fridge. Kids (mom & dad) will likely be cranky by then...

For fun, I might stop by a rando pub to watch your lions take on Tunisia if everyone else passes out and I get bored.

2nd day is where the fun starts for me.
For the pizza, restaurante el Puerto,take away possible..

1rst day in ibz along opening
Eating food to leave from can buffi (spaghetti bolognese+ibicenco flao (its more a cake than flao) with mint :cool:, don't like very much ibz magdalenas that are a little dry for magdalena + drinks (aquarius n water) + hierbas ) in front of Pacha P->La bodega for a coffee for a spotlight meetup (only one followed me :rolleyes: lessons learned for next meetup :D, i should stick to croissant show the place where u met ibz nightlife)->IMS Dalt Vila ->Privilege opening
entering 9pm Ushuaia ants? nearly the time i left ushuaia as my ears couldnt stand Adam beyer Techno, just after he drop his weird mix :confused: of Celeda the underground , for a little 2hours break (I was cooked 1rst day :oops:, 1rst time i had cramp 1rst day, it always happen 4th day) b4 going to Privilege around 1h00am. til the end 7h00

Last edited:
My first day -

Arrive early, room not ready
Go for food and end up sinking 4/5 pints
Moan about how hot it is
Moan about how tired I am
Check in hotel
Fall asleep around pool
Wake up feeling like shit
Get takeaway food (not the meal out as planned)
Go to bar/club and drink far to much with "First dayer" overexcitement

Arrive 1030am, eat and a small beer at the airport (kill time as room won't be ready) then bus to near hotel, check-un + unpack, little shop for essentials (shaving foam, little cakes, water etc) swim in the PM + snack, late PM sleep to catch up on 4am start (grrr) and the 7pm luxury bath/shower + smellies, best frock on, eat, drink until 1-ish then crash out for 10 hours.

Second day is always off to Formentera to get the tan and watch the thunderstorms over Ibiza's hills ;-)

I try to wash the clothes I came in so they are ready for the return, always handy those balcony rails!!

My first day -

Arrive early, room not ready
Go for food and end up sinking 4/5 pints
Moan about how hot it is
Moan about how tired I am
Check in hotel
Fall asleep around pool
Wake up feeling like shit
Get takeaway food (not the meal out as planned)
Go to bar/club and drink far to much with "First dayer" overexcitement

My first ever time in Ibiza I fell asleep in the sun after drinking loads of sangria. Was originally under a parasol but the bastard earth did it's spinning thing and so of course I ended up half in the shade and half out.

Had the most bizarre sunburn, which went radioactive red the next day. Never again!

My boat from Dénia arrive Saturday 3pm at SA. 45mn to go to Portinatx.
Unloading the car,shower, calling my best friend, meting him to give him the 60 bottles of rosé he ordered.
Then it will be time to go to the Chiringuito to meet all the friends.
At this moment everything could happen, generally I wake up the day after with a massive headache.

Great title for a thread By the way.

Hopefully part 1: first day July 4th, 5 of us getting picked up Around 6am for 1.5 hour drive to Gatwick. Breakfast (last supper) and pint of Guinness or 2 or 3. Flight leaves 11am landing 2.30pm Ibiza time. Check into all inclusive hotel while at the same time ordering in the party entertainment. Meet up with 4 more friends staying with us at the hotel.
Hopefully part 2: 4pm head to the hotels free bar with supplies in hand sinking many beers cocktails and vodka shorts. 6 ish moving onto Nassau beach for a few hours until the sun goes down and rinsing the credit card dry. 9pm back to the room to recuperate and be ready for more free beers in the hotel bar. 11pm taxi to ibiza town for some 2 for 1’s, hopefully at the many bars by the port side including my old favourite base bar with the dodgy stairs to the toilets.
2am head to pacha and throw some Shapes at the best party on the island, cocoon (unfortunately minus Sven). 7am find an after party...... and continue into day 2

Reality: same as hopefully part 1 but end up in hotel room all day and night getting through party supplies and a few bottles of vodka, which one of us bravely bought from the closest mini market. Only to realise in the morning that we wasted the whole first day in the room due to drug paranoia.

Arrive about 8pm, straight to the hotel to check in and unpack. Try and source some class A’s then head to the supermarket and stock the fridge. Back to the hotel to drink and get ready in preparation for Cocoon at Pacha.

Thursday get up early, shave legs, do hair, head for airport at about 6pm. Flight leaving at 9pm. Arrive to ibiza 10pm.get the bus to Fig and check into hotel. Couple of quiet drinks then early night so refreshed for Friday night.

Friday day chill out, and nice breakfast chill again then late dinner then get ready and head to music on. Saturday will feel far too rough to move, Sunday Solomon

but not for the pirate :D
day 1 i stick to my plan,even with painful cramp on left leg & wound on right rear foot it s just the number of mates that was disapointing 1-2 :confused:, saw 1 when leaving ims, other split among crowd (the purpose of whatsapp group ? when people dont gather for the same party :rolleyes:)
1 ibz virgin girl cooked after ims :eek::arrow::lol:
day 2 Never thought i will leave ushuaia so early 9h30pm, if it was house i could carry until the end :p (there 5h30pm) and added Hi opening (yes it was a challenge to stay until the end Midday & 10mn) at last mn as i was really tired after leavin elrow 3h30am, didnt have minds to carry on elrow, once i knew mate gave up the party, but ibiza gave me strenght :), just in time for discount glist 40€ b4 4h00am :cool:

Last edited:
I have three long months to wait, but I already know what that first day looks like ...

Flight lands around 3:30pm.
Get checked into at the hotel and a quick market run for supplies
Early dinner at Passion Cafe -- I swear that eating healthy there is what gets me through the week
Start the evening out with Circoloco at DC-10
Catch a cab over to Privilege around 1am for Shine with PvD
Dance to the trance until the sun comes up, then back to the hotel to crash until mid-afternoon

Repeat all week -- just swap out different parties for each evening and night :D

Reactions: Liv
Thursday get up early, shave legs, do hair, head for airport at about 6pm. Flight leaving at 9pm. Arrive to ibiza 10pm.get the bus to Fig and check into hotel. Couple of quiet drinks then early night so refreshed for Friday night.

Friday day chill out, and nice breakfast chill again then late dinner then get ready and head to music on. Saturday will feel far too rough to move, Sunday Solomon

Loving this level of detail :) I need to start thinking about getting my legs ready to be seen!

Back