Rate The Hotels You´ve Stayed In In Ibiza!

lotte said:
Anyway back to the Jabeque:

Staff are very friendly and helpful, the only person that wasn't was the bloke who sat on the reception desk overnight!! :evil:

Also pool staff are very friendly and one guy last year was giving us tips on places to go that as tourists we wouldn't know about !!
I also have to take my hats off to all the pool staff as when I was there in Sept we were sat by the pool one day and noticed them all running down to the sea to fish someone out of the water and then Paramedics arrived, all very scary !!

I heard a couple of days later it was a british guy who had been at space the day before (Sunday) and had gone in the water on the Monday morning and had a bad reaction to whatever he had taken, thankfully he was ok and released from hospital the next day, what a relief!!

Yikes - were we all there at the same time..? I remember that happening - watched it from my balcony and remember his friend spotting him and dropping the glass on the floor.

I'm glad to know that he was ok - I never heard much after he got taken off.

Staying in Es Vive this year for Space closing - not my choice though - I'd go back to Jabeque as a preference, but we're there as a group and its where they want to go.....

Hotel Caribe - Es cana 7/10 looks a bit downmarket from the outside, but very ince inside ... good entertainment nice bars in and around the area ...

30 secs walk from beach ... very good

staying in Riviera in San An Bay in June

McRackin said:
S Express said:
Mar Blau in Los Molinos

This is basically the area behind the Dalt Villa in ibiza town, over looking the bay. the hotel isn't anything fancy but it has lovely clean rooms and a really nice couple that run it who will make your stay comfortable. Its a 5 minute walk into ibiza old town - the back way which i always think is cool - yet you feel like you are completely away from the hustle and bustle.

Its also great value and yet offers you one of the most amazing views on the island from their huge terrace! If you have ever been to the top of the Dalt Villa - its the same view! On the slight downside it doesn't have aircon or a pool - but given the price and the quality and charm of the hotel you really won't mind.
good suggestion. i was there this morning for a while, talking with the owner and enjoying the fantasic views from the terrace...........

hotel-marblau3a.jpg

8)

:D nice one McRackers....only just noticed this....i love the MarBlau....got any more pictures of that view? :?:

surely one of the best on the island!? and for peanuts too! you've got to love Juan the owner!
:)

Stu Hirst said:
Rosamar - San An Bay.

STUNNING. For it's price, the best hotel I have stayed in abroad. Great staff, great rooms. Can't fault it at all.

Couldn't agree more. Stayed there a few years ago and after staying in a few different, more expensive places the past couple of years have decided to head back to the Rosamar this year. Other than it being a little out of the way, really can't think of any bad points about the place at all...especially @ £310 per person a fortnight mid September :D

Paddy Eeziglow said:
very clear why as it happened just as I was leaving). 5/10

Galera Too many 18-30 pissheads. Steer clear unless that's what you're after.

ok, this is where im staying in the summer.
please tell me its not THAT bad.
please. :rolleyes:

and yes...its with club 18-30, but thats only because we got it cheaper.
does anyone know what club 18-30 entails?

95 - someplace in Portinax, lovely place but too far away from nightlife (AOA!) also it was a family hotel, lots of kids & aqua aerobics at 9am! Great breakfast with lots of sparkling/bucks fizz!
7/10

97 - Hostel Mallorca san An. 8/10. Use of pool across the road, staff excellent, rooms good size but no air con or fan. Balcony overlooked the street. The staff more than made up for any short comings.

02 - Central City 2/10. Location is excellent. rooms very very very small & incrediblyhot (think they have air con now). Staff pretty unhelpful. 18-30's hotel so at least it was cheap even if it was noisy.

03 - Xaloc 8/10 large apartments, good air con, proper black out blinds & nice & quiet during the day. Only reason not stayed there since is I prefer being closer to San an!

04 - Sol Bahia - 9/10 Fantastic location, just far enough away to chill out but close enough to walk to Kanya & other sunset bars! Good size apartments, air con, friendly staff & decent food.

and yes...its with club 18-30, but thats only because we got it cheaper.
does anyone know what club 18-30 entails?[/quote]

Went 18-30 a few years ago. They will try to get you to go on their excursions & pub crawls. Will try to flog you discount tickets,but only for hard house or cheesy nights. Other than that it was OK, we were pretty much left alone when they realised we only booked 18-30 coz it was so cheap!

2001 - huge apartment on the calm calo des moro in san an, separate bedroom, well equipped kitchen and big living room with fire place and magnificent views on the sea. silent, nice balcony, 7th floor, kanya etc right next door 9/10

2003 - pike's. lovely place, lovely people, delicious food, very calm and easy going.

2005 - apartment on playa d'en bossa, next to beach, kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms.

Well I must have liked it coz we're going back again this year! We went 1st week in Sept last year, no kids around then. Rooms are pretty big, always clean, nice air con. Could always get a bed by the pool too, think a lot of people go to the beach. Only downside there was building work next door so not a great view from our room but there was no noise. You can just about hear the music coming from Kanya too!
8)

Sez said:
Well I must have liked it coz we're going back again this year! We went 1st week in Sept last year, no kids around then. Rooms are pretty big, always clean, nice air con. Could always get a bed by the pool too, think a lot of people go to the beach. Only downside there was building work next door so not a great view from our room but there was no noise. You can just about hear the music coming from Kanya too!
8)

when you going this year?

Will be there June 21st - July 1st. Fancied a change, have been the 1st 2 weeks of Sept for the last 3 years! Although my birthday is in Sept so we may pop over for the weekend!

str8 from Canada baby!! said:
'02 Hostal Florencio (San An)- Looked like a disaster from the outside, but we were pleasantly suprised by how clean/spacious our room was with a huuge balcony that was great for pre-drinkin. Staff was uber friendly and in the morning we would get free juice after comin back from the clubs...8/10

'04 Hostal Florencio (San An) - Same treatment as last time. But they also gave me a dbl room while only charging me for a single AND i discovered the pool ;)...hah...therefore this yr's rating is: 9/10
We stayed there last year and it was gr8. Def goin again this year!

umbongo said:
Stu Hirst said:
Rosamar - San An Bay.

STUNNING. For it's price, the best hotel I have stayed in abroad. Great staff, great rooms. Can't fault it at all.

Couldn't agree more. Stayed there a few years ago and after staying in a few different, more expensive places the past couple of years have decided to head back to the Rosamar this year. Other than it being a little out of the way, really can't think of any bad points about the place at all...especially @ £310 per person a fortnight mid September :D

Is there a review or link for the Rosamar anywhere?

Ta

i got to at stay at luxmar located at figuretas in 2002
which at the time wasnt much of a place due to no AC
but they did have AC installed last year so i supoose that makes the place a little nicer

at 2004 i stayed at tropical gardens which is right next door to luxmar
(i think its a one hotel divided in 2)
this place is much better due to the great pool,AC,and good service all and all not bad at all

this year i'm staying at BON SOL at PLAYA DEN BOSSA
any tips about the place?

Sep 2002: Las Perlas, San An Bay. Room a bit cramped, slightly grubby and showing its age. Had to be moved to a new room a couple of days into the trip after coming home at 4am to find the bathroom crawling with roaches. Full of families giving us dirty looks when we got in from Manumission at 11am. Terrible Brits-abroad 'entertainment' in the evenings. Reps a bit pushy with their sales pitches. Would never stay on the bay again - it's too out of the way and the standard of bars and restaurants is shocking.

Jun 2003: Mar y Vent, San An. Fantastic. Clean, modern, huge room, great location right behind Savannah. Booked through Escapades, which was a bit of a worry, but it turned out to be fine when we got there - the reps organised all sorts of madness but there was no pressure to take part in them if you didn't want to. Seems to have gone up in price since then, but if you can get it on a cheapy or are feeling flush I highly recommend it.

Sep 2003: Llevant, Figueretas. More basic, but a nice big room again. Great setting - has its own jetty to swim from and the bar is right beside the sea too. Location also excellent - right opposite Es Vive, which had Hed Kandi pool parties that year, at the end of Playa d'en Bossa, within walking distance of Space, Bora Bora and the town. Still have a towel!

Jun 2004: Bossa Mar, Playa d'en Bossa. Room quite small and basic, but clean and had the essentials. Rooms to the back overlooking the pool or beach would probably be nicer than ours which overlooked the street. Great location, backing onto Bora Bora (the pool is behind the glass building), across the road from Space and Tantra (cheapest tickets on the island). Part of the Jet complex which means lots of bars and the supermarket with litres of San Miguel for 95 cents! Most cosmopolitan crowd I have stayed with. A bit noisy on a few nights but that's the price you pay for the location. Extraordinarily cheap too!

Jun 2005: Jet, Playa d'en Bossa. Expecting something similar, hopefully.

McRackin said:
neon_nicci said:
LLEVANT FIGUERETAS basic accomodation but clean and within walking distance of the bus in ibiza town and space, sea right outside the bedroom and close to bora bora beach. right opposite ES VIVE HOTEL so good for hed kandi parties if you can manage getting out of bed7/10
and not as expensive as es vive..........

IMG_2446.sized.jpg

Anyone got any contact details for LLevant, got a friend coming out on a budget :rolleyes:

Back