Rate The Hotels You´ve Stayed In In Ibiza!

Es Vive: Major Disappointment

Stayed at Es Vive first weekend in June and what a disappointment! Tacky clientele (mostly Brits who begin drinking first thing in the morning). The rooms are spartan to say the least and service is non-existent. Forget the breakfast in the morning: disgusting and trying to get a small cup of coffee is an all day affair: they are just too busy serving beers and G&Ts to serve coffee.
Pool area is very small and you would basically be lying on top of someone else if you were to spend time there (may not be a bad thing, but no women around that would make me hope for that!). Spent the days at the beach and wound up spending a minimal amount of time at the hotel given the clientele.
Front desk is friendly however.

Re: Es Vive: Major Disappointment

Tycoon said:
Tacky clientele (mostly Brits who begin drinking first thing in the morning).
tut tut..........

btw, the apartments llevant (and its cafetería) remain open this winter.......... i was there this morning!!
coffee.gif

Hi,

Does anybody have the contact details for the Sirenis Jabeque or Llevant, we usually stay in Playa Sol I next door to Es Vive which is great value for money but wouldn't mind a change.

thanks

Well Catalins gets 4,5 9 out of 10 points. the little bug surprise i had when i arrived (there was a GIANT cucaracha in the room when we came in and it wouldnt die even when we sprayed and slapped it with the frying pan!)

the year after we stayed at Diana, but it was too far away from everything! the hotel itself was nice, the rooms very basic and the food at the hotel was horrendous but: all in all a nice place, especially because Kumharas was just 5 min. away. 5 out of ten stars for this one.

Last year we stayed at some hotel near Piscis Park. the location was ok, altho I hate west end. the hotel itself was pretty good and clean. it gets 6 out of ten.

this year ill be staying in a private apartment in the bay. a biut far away, but the boat for cala pinet goes just outside the door so its no prob!

Fraz said:
Sept 2004 - Costa Mar Studios Calo des Moro. Fantastic sea front apartment with perferct sunset view 8) . Apartments are studios but are spacious enough and very clean. No aircon though but as we were lucky to have a sea view room it was cool enough if you left you patio doors and bathroom window open (only end apartments have WC windows!). Cheap and cheerful food served at bar downstairs and staff are pleasent enough and happy to arrange taxis etc for you. These apartments are in a really nice location and is fairly quiet during the day and at night. Really close to Kanya/Kashba/Coastline etc yet far enough away from the likes of the west end etc. Going to stay here again in Sept 2005. Score 8 out of 10

June 2005 - Rosamar Apartments San An Bay, not been before but heard good reviews so far..........

June 2005 Rosamar Apartments San An Bay. Quite Far round the bay heading towards the likes of Kumharas etc. Spotlessly clean and fairly modern apartments. Probably the best apartments I have stayed in Ibiza. Our apartment cost us £300 for the week. It had 3 balconies 2 bathrooms/WC kitchen area and slept up to 5 adults. Air con too. Would stay here again. Decent size swimming pool too but as one of our balconies was huge we done most of our sunbathing there. Friendly staff at reception willing to help and arrange your taxis etc. Staff at the bar were unattentive at times. Only downside to this place is there is a lot of families etc. Bus stops nearby or you can get the water taxi or taxis across to town. Found the was an inadequate selection of eating places nearby :confused: Score 8.5 out of 10

June 2006 Costa Mar Calo des Moro again - purely for its location and my mates want to stay there

Sept 2006 Can Sanso Santa Eulalia - cos I am fed up with San An :lol: Santa Eulalia is georgoues. Loads of great places to eat, nice beaches and does not feel british/touristy like San An. so I am looking forward to this one. Hate PDB (except Space/Bora Bora and would not choose to stay in Ibiza Town. Talamanca could be a future possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotels

hey,

Club Paraiso - 8/10 we had decent rooms i think, rite on the top floor over lookin the pool, our balconys were bigger than most peoples rooms, they were massive!! it was clean, good facilities, Good location, (top of west end) good pre parties! eddie halliwell played his warm up set for CREAM in our hotel!! wot a legend! there was loads of totty stayin there, which was a bonus!! the only let down about the place was the tight arse security, but all in all, it was a good spot and i am headin back there this year! 15th - 29 july!

Hotel Pacific 7/10

good location (JUST BY THE EGG) GOOD FACILITIES, CLEAN, FRIENDLY STAFF

I stayed in Ibiza town(forget name) first time room was like cupboard with wc noisy the security was my birth control would not let anyone in. noisy lager head 2/10
fiesta algarb playa den bossa stayed there last six years rooms, staff ,and food excellent. mixed international guest walking distance to ibiza town space bora bora. family as well as single stay the but I alway meet a good lot 8/10

I usually use a villa when in Ibiza but on the few occasions when a hotel has been used my Watchdog Report is shown below.

Sol Hotel - San An (Behind sunset strip and across the road from Blau Park.)
1 night only, but decent enough, no air con, room overlooked the petrol station, but looked like a good, central based hotel to stay in. Good sized pool and buffet style restaurant. 5/10

Club Stella Maris - nr Cala Gracio Beach, San An. A little way too far out - car necessary imo, although there was a bus stop across the road from the main entrance. This was a bit of a surprise on arriving, its basically a complex built on the side of a hill with stunning views over San An, the Bay and beyond (depending on cloud cover :lol: ) We were positioned in the very last block of apartments at the top of the hill, beware, unless you are fit as a butchers dog dont get an apartment this far up - its ruthless. On site, there are a few bars, disco, entertainment, 2 pools, a few restaurants, shops, health club, pool tables,tennis courts, 5 a side football pitch, crazy golf, table tennis, arcade games and internet access etc. basically everything you would want regardless of whether you are in a couple or with a family. We stayed there in Sept and found it relatively quiet (bliss!) Guests were mainly German, not many English, I got the feeling that it wasnt advertised in many British brochures. Staff were great, even the poor desk clerk who had to put up with Jam man and Missus Jam, myself and Mr PL playing Pool till 5-6am in the morning in a bit of an "energetic state" :eek: :lol: :lol: , but again, no problems whatsoever with coming in "at all hours" the only thing I would say is that a lick of paint wouldnt go amiss for 2006 season ;) - 8/10

Sirenis Beach Club Aura, Port es Torrent - Wow - this place was uber-special! http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=30024
Cant rave enough about this place - if you do have family and want somewhere a bit special then this is the place for you..... 10/10

Hostel Torres - 6 stars

...First time to ibiza, was supposed to be a 2star hotel, but looked about a 4.
Clean rooms, friendly people, comfortable beds.

Happy days!!

Will be choosing a different hotel this year though, preferably nearer the beach as we were a good 15 min walk away.

Any cheap but cheerful suggestions?

Baz :lol:

Hotel El Corso -

Stayed there in 2003. the staff was friendly, they brough me OJ to my room when I was unable to get out of bed after my first night in ibiza. The rooms were nice (basic). It was nice to be close to Pacha, and able to take the ferry to Ibiza town. The breakfast was great, and the lobby of the hotel was huge!

3 out of 4 stars

Hotel Marfil (San Antonio)

Stayed here in 2005. The hotel was a little out of the way in San An, and the neighbors were extremely loud! I think some of you Brits got a little rowdy. HOWEVER, The staff was AMAZING. I love Gabrielle and Toni. They took such great care of my friend and I. Made us food when we needed it, were extremely friendly. We arrived the first day it opend for the season. The rooms were very clean, and the lobby was cozy. They played great music, and made a nice breakfast. They had free internet as well. It is a family run hotel with a store attached to it. I loved staying here.

3.5 out of 4 just b/c the staff was so so great! would stay there again.

Jet apartments - You can't really go wrong with Jet if you want a basica, clean apartment near to the clubs and bars. It overlooks BoraBora and is 5mins from Space so perfect for clubbers who want to be central to that area.
The rooms were basic but clean, and we had no problems with cleaners/air con etc. They can be quite noisy though because of where they are, but if you dont mind that then you should be fine in Jet.

Maritimo hotel - despite some of the good reviews in here I beg to differ about the Maritimo. I know you shouldn't always expect a sea-view room when you book a hotel, but the "view" out of our room as an absolute joke. It looked out directly onto a brick wall of the hotel. Because our room was near to the ground we couldn't even see much daylight as the wall was so huge :rolleyes: . No fresh air could come into our room, it totally ruined our ideas of having a few drinks on the balcony each night!
This coupled with shoddy aircon, lax cleaners and rude door staff made our stay pretty un-enjoyable to be honest.

I wouldn't stay there again.

Playa Sol - In contrast to Maritimo, our friends had booked the cheaper option of Playa Sol in Figuretas. I wish we had! Their apartment was clean, spacious and had a great view overlooking the beach. The apartments are quiet enough not to get woken up by clubbers, yet central enough to walk to Space and even to Ibiza Town.
I think we'll be booking these up for this year, hopefully we'll enjoy our stay there too!

RECOS DES SOL - 8/10

Nice relaxed hotel but you know you could go mad and not get into too much trouble :). Perfect distance from Beach & San Antonio main town, nice little bar/pool combined area. Rooms are adequate but i didnt spend alot of time in them anyway.

3 yrs ago I stayed in the hotel Nautico Ebesso ( I think thats how it's spelt) in Ibiza town. It wasn't too bad. There were 3 of us in the room, with 3 single beds. They seemed smaller than usual but what do I know. The air conditioner was ok, but then again no matter where I've ever been in Europe I feel that the air conditioner is just ok. It's definately not as strong as in the U.S. Our room was on the first floor and we had ants. There was a ping pong table outside our room which sucked 'cause it kept me up when I was trying to sleep in the daytime. Then they had music, I guess it was a band or something but since my room was level with all of it, we always heard it. That was also usually the time when I was trying to sleep. We had breakfast included in our package, but I never really ate it. The most I had was a piece of toast. I'm very picky, and whenever I go to Europe I usually lose weight because I think the food is terrible.Sorry all you guys, but I hate it! The pool at the hotel was kinda small but since I was usually not home yet in the early afternoon, I didn't really use it. No problems changing money at the lobby or getting a cab. They would usually call one for us, otherwise right down the block there was a cab stand. This hotel is in a good location, we were able to walk to the port pretty quickly. Overall no complaints that I could really think of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~REGINA*

various in SanAn..

first place I tried many years ago was the Palmyra(?), in the Bay. fair sized room, overlooking the patio and pool area. nice and clean, shame about the cnuts along the corridor, who eventually got chucked out for trashing their room.. 7/10

next was Rosalia- go up the main est end strip up,and keep walking! tiny room and pool, rated as 2* hostile (er, hostal) in every sense. OTT reps pushing pricey event packages, and the 'continental breakfast' was a cup of coffee and a roll, if the bored staff could be bothered with that. maybe ok if you are just there for clubbing, and need somewhere to crash. 3/10

cant remember the last one, though you can see thw back of Es Paradis from the balcony- going out of town from the Egg, it up a rocky path on the left.. ok rooms. nice pool, but had to pay a deposit for everythng- room safe, tv remote, etc! 5/10.

also the Bahia, in the bay

blimey, how can i forget this one! near to the big Hawaii hotel, with a bar and minigolf opposite. a tad pricey (2 people get a supplementm for a 3 person' room? heavens knows where the 4rd pax was meant to sleep!

in a quiter area of San An, great views of the bay, though drinks at the bar seemed expensive- best stock up at the nearby shops, further along the bay road - the beach there is quite nice too. 7.5/10

Has anyone stayed at the casa maria apartments?? What did you think? We have gone for cheap and cheerful :)...hopefully.

Back