Rate The Hotels You´ve Stayed In In Ibiza!

neon_nicci said:
LLEVANT FIGUERETAS basic accomodation but clean and within walking distance of the bus in ibiza town and space, sea right outside the bedroom and close to bora bora beach. right opposite ES VIVE HOTEL so good for hed kandi parties if you can manage getting out of bed7/10
and not as expensive as es vive..........

IMG_2446.sized.jpg

Hotel Florida (San An): First year I stayed there was great- I had a room at the back of the hotel, the room was clean, the staff all friendly and efficient, and the waiters had a laugh with us when we crawled back in the morning. The 2nd time I stayed there was a nightmare as I had a room right on the corner which was waaaay too noisy during the day. 6/10 (Doesn't have a pool either).

Sa Clau Appartments (San An): Had a room right at the very top- staggering view of San An Bay, room was well equipped, but waaaay too close to the West End. And one of the two guys in the room next to mine got bottled by a waiter from the restaurant below for some reason (it wasn't very clear why as it happened just as I was leaving). 5/10

Galera Too many 18-30 pissheads. Steer clear unless that's what you're after.

Casa Maria (San An): Great hotel, well run with clean, well-equipped rooms. Rooftop swimming pool is small but nice and clean. Quite noisy though. 8/10

Hotel Llevant (San An): Well run, Family owned hotel which was clean and the staff always seemed pleased to see us and eager to help. Rooms were very clean but extremely hot (hire a fan from reception). Swimming pool just accross the road. Occasionally noisy but not too bad. 8/10

Hostel Norte 0 out of 10 Biggest dump in Ibiza

Hotel Es Pla 6 out of 10 Nice clean decent hotel no air con though

Hotel Bellamar 8 out of 10 Best hotel in San Antonia by Far

Turbotrance

I think a lot of hotels in ibiza are the same type of thing....its the unusual and unique ones that deserve to stand out. here is my suggestion for anybody wanting a hotel that offers, great location, great value.

Mar Blau in Los Molinos

This is basically the area behind the Dalt Villa in ibiza town, over looking the bay. the hotel isn't anything fancy but it has lovely clean rooms and a really nice couple that run it who will make your stay comfortable. Its a 5 minute walk into ibiza old town - the back way which i always think is cool - yet you feel like you are completely away from the hustle and bustle.

Its also great value and yet offers you one of the most amazing views on the island from their huge terrace! If you have ever been to the top of the Dalt Villa - its the same view! On the slight downside it doesn't have aircon or a pool - but given the price and the quality and charm of the hotel you really won't mind.
m
;)

Incidentally how did this topic get posted in Clubbing reviews???! :confused:

Barbie said:
and then in September staying at Bali Beach appts in Playa den Bossa, look lovely on this site so got high hopes for this one :D

Was there in 2003. Absolutely great appts. Perfectly situated (300m to Bora Bora), comfortable spacey, perfectly climated rooms. The only disadvantage was that we had to take our chipcard-key with us all the time, cause there was no reception.

marcello said:
Barbie said:
and then in September staying at Bali Beach appts in Playa den Bossa, look lovely on this site so got high hopes for this one :D

Was there in 2003. Absolutely great appts. Perfectly situated (300m to Bora Bora), comfortable spacey, perfectly climated rooms. The only disadvantage was that we had to take our chipcard-key with us all the time, cause there was no reception.

Yay we stayed there in Sept 2003 as well, def my fave place I've stayed in Ibiza. We tried to book them for last year but they weren't letting them out but they are again this year which is good news :D

Btw you can leave you key at Jet apartment reception ;)

Squash, Playa D'en Bossa in 2002 (7/10): Decent location, good size for a couple but probably a squeeze for more than that. Really cheap as well, but clean and well-furnished. Didn't bother using the pool or the other facilities at all as it was a bit full of families. Not the most aesthetic of locations as right by Kiss nightclub but didn't hear it at all. Thankfully!

Jet, Playa D'en Bossa in 2003 (7/10): Excellent location and really spacious, if basic room. Clean, but bathroom had seen better days. Large balcony but could peer over into other people's balcony so we put up our lie-lows for a bit of privacy. No kids which is good and older, more international clubbers than in the likes of San Antonio but when we were there a group of Irish teenagers kept screaming at the top of their voices, singing songs about Roy Keane. :evil: Also there wasn't any air conditioning and as the bedrooms have no proper windows, it was like a sauna at times. I believe they have AC now and have done up the rooms a bit since I stayed there.

Sirenis Jabeque, Figueretas in 2004 (8.5/10): Great location as walking distance to PDB and more importantly, Ibiza Town. Fantastic, spacious rooms, nicely furnished, friendly staff, large balconies all private and with amazing sea views. Also just down the road from Es Vive hotel. Only downside was that when I went (end of August - start of September) there were a lot of loud British families there with screaming kids. The 'entertainment' was also pretty naff. Hopefully there will be less families when I return in mid-June and they're not so much of a package holiday accommodation this year.

Hotel Mare Nostrum

This July will be my first time going to Ibiza. Can't wait! My friend and I have booked a room at Hotel Mare Nostrum for 13 nights, and I read all of the posts on this forum and no one has mentioned it. Does any one know if it is as good as it looks on the web site ?

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!

14th-27th July 2005

Clara

I too am staying at the sirenis jabeque in Junne this year (2005) was going 24 June for a week but have had to change to the 20th as friend couldn't get the time off!

I know what you mean about the families thing but I think in some ways I would rather that than beer boy arses or people with their head up their arses! we didn't have to endure loud music being blarred out either, one day some lads did this on their balcony just as I was about to drop off on my lounger and I was seriously F...... off!!! but they soon got told to turn it off!!

This will be my 3rd time there and I have booked direct with them and its worked out really cheap 69 euros a night for 3 of us in the room but could of streched that to 4 and the flights were £100 with nice morning flights too! so all in all a bloody bargain!! :D :D :D

I think the apartments are in a fab location all with stunning sea views as right on the front which you don't get as Es Vive which is literally 2 secs up the road. You are really close to Ibiza Town or Space/Bora Bora within walking distance or a quick taxi ride!!
Lovely restaurants and very cheap, marco's is great
Boat down the road to take you to Formentera
Rooms: very large, Very clean and nicely furnished, fridge etc for storage all the the booze and great air con!!

In view of all the above I wouldn't pay the high price to stay at the Es Vive in my opinion Jabeque has a better beachfront location, larger rooms with fridge and air con, everytime I walked past the es vive pool area seemed to be in the shade and to be honest at night the place always seemed to be like a ghost town and shutters down on bar outside. Sorry to offend anyone but I would rather spend the extra on partying!! I dont think what they charge is worth it .

Anyway back to the Jabeque:

Staff are very friendly and helpful, the only person that wasn't was the bloke who sat on the reception desk overnight!! :evil:

Also pool staff are very friendly and one guy last year was giving us tips on places to go that as tourists we wouldn't know about !!
I also have to take my hats off to all the pool staff as when I was there in Sept we were sat by the pool one day and noticed them all running down to the sea to fish someone out of the water and then Paramedics arrived, all very scary !!

I heard a couple of days later it was a british guy who had been at space the day before (Sunday) and had gone in the water on the Monday morning and had a bad reaction to whatever he had taken, thankfully he was ok and released from hospital the next day, what a relief!!

The paramedic on that drug land prog in ibiza a couple of weeks ago said they get a few clubbers that die from drowning, scary !! and I hated that bit at the end of the prog where the bloke that had been on a drink and cocaine bender had died !!

Anyway Clara have a fab trip, might see you there !
also back in september with my bloke and brother for 2 weeks!!!

Lotte: Sounds as though you might've been there the same time as me last year! (I was there from 27 Aug to 11 Sept).

Don't get me wrong, I much prefer families to beer boys any day.

In fact, it was probably the parents of the kids who behaved the worse - Barnsley and Rotherham fans nearly kicking off by the pool one day because one bloke jumped in the pool and splashed some kids. :rolleyes:

Then there was the family of hugely overweight cockneys, all decked out in Union Jacks, screaming at the top of their voices going on about "ya dahnt want any of that foreign muck".

But on the whole it is a lovely place to stay and as it appears that they are only allowing people to book direct this year, I'm hoping there will be less of the 'brits abroad' mentality there.

Nice to hear you paid the same price as us too! :D

S Express said:
Mar Blau in Los Molinos

This is basically the area behind the Dalt Villa in ibiza town, over looking the bay. the hotel isn't anything fancy but it has lovely clean rooms and a really nice couple that run it who will make your stay comfortable. Its a 5 minute walk into ibiza old town - the back way which i always think is cool - yet you feel like you are completely away from the hustle and bustle.

Its also great value and yet offers you one of the most amazing views on the island from their huge terrace! If you have ever been to the top of the Dalt Villa - its the same view! On the slight downside it doesn't have aircon or a pool - but given the price and the quality and charm of the hotel you really won't mind.
good suggestion. i was there this morning for a while, talking with the owner and enjoying the fantasic views from the terrace...........

hotel-marblau3a.jpg

8)

Don't know the name 9 for quality, 6 including location.

Apartments up the dirt track to the Monterrey in San An bay but turn right half way up, lovely rooms, clean and tidy, nice pool, very friendly staff, shame it was so far from everything for us.

Es Calo Playa 6

Nice location, nice staff, nice bar, room basic, crap pool (in shade most of the day but there was Calo des Moro a spit away). Lots of Escapades there though (noisy at the wrong times :evil: ). Ministry booking strangely enough. And our rep was gorgeous, she'd lovely long blonde hair and....I won't go on.

Tagomago Apts in San An Bay 8

Friendly, a bit basic though have been refurbished bit-by-bit each year, been there 3 times, the staff are lovely, very handy for the beach and ferry-boats, only not going this year cos we're off to PdB.

Stayed in Del Mar studios last year: i think the staff were paid to annoy me and wake me up unneccesarily, also I frequently woke up to the cleaner aimlesssly wandering round my room. :x
Planning on staying out this year and on a strict budget so chose Pacific as it was so cheap, has anyone else stayed there before? If so how was it?

Hi all,

Planing on going for the first time to the White Isle on mid-june and found this hotel but haven't seen any reviews on it so can someone help me out plz? :cry: It's the Ibiza Playa Hotel in Figueretas and do you think it's a good spot to chill at? I've also checked the rooms for Es Vive hotel and it looks like it's already full :eek: :( :x

Cheers :)

99- del mar. Tiny rooms, 3 people in a room barely big enough for two. Couldn't go into room during the day because heat made the toilet stink. Unbearable. Pool area quite good, staff t*ssers ended up arguing with them regularly. maid service regular 4/10

00- Casita Blanca. Best 18-30 style hotel stayed in. Rooms were massive, pool was good size and clean, a little noisy at night but we weren't doing much sleeping. Maid service fairly regular.5/10

01- Poiente worst hotel ever, no air con, no fan, no pool no maid, no clean bedding/towels, doors constantly slamming. Last boys only holiday and last 18-30 style holiday. 0/10

02- Fiesta Palymra- Cracking hotel lovely reception dining room etc. food good, rooms too warm with a pretty pointless ceiling fan. Room directly above stage for entertainment so woken every morning at 10am with kids playing party games. Every night at 8pm when going to take a pre-club nap, karaoke, flamingo dancers etc etc, not for clubbers. Pool big and clean mais service regular. 6/10

03- Sirenis Jabeque- Excellent. spotless rooms, air con, clean pool, sea view. Quiet location. maid service every day. When you wanted to sleep after clubbing rooms were quiet, cool and pitch dark. perfect. Sitting on balcony at night before going out looking over the sea, heaven. best hotel to date. 8/10

04 hotel puchet- booked at last minute. Amazing value for money, room basic but spotless and with air-con. balcony poor over looking waste ground and residential area. Reception clean and friendly, food good quality good variety. Far enough away from san an to be quiet close enough to walk in if you want. right on major bus routes. Pool massive and clean and nice and quiet for chilling during the day. 6/10

05 Bellamar. ??????? But expecting big things. Blew the budget for this year.

03 - las perlas in the bay,nice hotel,peace n quiet when u need it,its right on the beach,only downfall was the walking distance to and from the town

04- hotel tropical.....never again! first impressions of the hotel are good until you get to the rooms,we had these 2 tiny rooms where u had to climb over the beds to get to the other side,windows that u cud just lift off so great for burgulars,and to top it all off it was full of idiots chanting football songs at about 9am pi**ed outta there heads,no wonder it was meant to be club 18-30's best hotel,i wont go club 18-30 again!

'02 Hostal Florencio (San An)- Looked like a disaster from the outside, but we were pleasantly suprised by how clean/spacious our room was with a huuge balcony that was great for pre-drinkin. Staff was uber friendly and in the morning we would get free juice after comin back from the clubs...8/10

'04 Hostal Florencio (San An) - Same treatment as last time. But they also gave me a dbl room while only charging me for a single AND i discovered the pool ;)...hah...therefore this yr's rating is: 9/10

I've stayed in the following;

Fiesta Hotel Paya d en bossa - 7.5/10; Spacious, clean rooms with ceiling fan. Good size balcony, most rooms with sea view. Excellent location across from Space and short walk to bora bora. Excellent buffet breakfast and dinner better than most restaurants on the island. large pool and lounging area. Good value for money.

Dausol II - PLaya d'en bossa - 7.5/10; basic but very clean and air-conditioned. Pool doesn't get much sun. Good value restaurant downstairs with good menu seletion and good food. Friendly, family run apartments. Central lcation in the heart of PDB. Highly recomended for those on a budget but who demand clean, functional accommodation.

Fraz said:
1999 - Playa Bella (Cala de bou) San An Bay. This was a last minute booking so did not have much choice left. The apartments were clean and comfortable. Only things that put me off was the kids club - noisy :twisted: Pish entertainment even though we were never at it - Bingo, cabaret, karoke - get the picture :?: Too far round the bay too. Ideal for families with young kids though :lol: Score 4 out of 10

Sept 2001 - Fiesta Palmyra Hotel (Avd Dr Felming) San An. This was a nice hotel with nice pool and the food was ok considering it was included in the price :confused: Rooms were ok but were in need of refurb (beleive its been done) no air con though. Our room looked onto the Secret Garden - did not bother me but the noise of the traffic on the busy road did. You could however see amazing sun rises in the morning after you got back from clubbing. Score 6 out of 10

Sept 2002 - Fiest Palmyra Apartments (next door to above). Apartments where spacious as was the balcony. On top floor and fab view of swimming pool and bay. You could even go onto the roof at the end of the corridor and have your own private sunset :) No air con :!: Was so hot we opted to sleep on the balcony :oops: Other guests were ok, not many famillies or kids. Handy for chilling at Bay Bar and easy reach to almost everywhere. Would stay here again 8) Score 7 out of 10.

Sept 2003 - Xaloc Apartments San An Bay (above pink panther etc). Apartments were decorated nicely and had air con yeah :!: :p Big Rooms, 2 swimming pools but rather small balcony :( staff friendly but if I were to go back I would insist on a room not on the 1st floor. Get a lot of noise from Pink Panther and Cafe Royal. Not nice when you have just got back from space and all you want to do is chill, not listen to cheddar cheese :twisted: :twisted: Score 7 out of 10.

Sept 2004 - Costa Mar Studios - Calo des Moro - Never been but looking forward to being a short shimmy to Kanya, Kashba, Coastline and the strip :D :D

Sept 2004 - Costa Mar Studios Calo des Moro. Fantastic sea front apartment with perferct sunset view 8) . Apartments are studios but are spacious enough and very clean. No aircon though but as we were lucky to have a sea view room it was cool enough if you left you patio doors and bathroom window open (only end apartments have WC windows!). Cheap and cheerful food served at bar downstairs and staff are pleasent enough and happy to arrange taxis etc for you. These apartments are in a really nice location and is fairly quiet during the day and at night. Really close to Kanya/Kashba/Coastline etc yet far enough away from the likes of the west end etc. Going to stay here again in Sept 2005. Score 8 out of 10

June 2005 - Rosamar Apartments San An Bay, not been before but heard good reviews so far..........

Back