Global Gathering 2011

But they may have to suffer the indignity of brushing past Tinie Tempah fans on the way in and being contaminated with uncoolness. :lol:

Who said Tinie Tempah isn't cool? I'd say he's the epitome of cool isn't he with all his bling n sh*t?

Not one true house or techno puritan thinks they are cool, anyone that does is an imposter

What about the true dance music lovers who couldn't afford to buy their ticket straight away then learned that the effin thing had sold out because TT was there

To answer:

Anyone deperate to see him would have been there
If people wanted to see Hawtin, they'd of got their tickets and gone.

And look on the flipside.
If more people come from mainstream and decide 'I wonder what that carl cox guy is like,' then actually realize he is good, is that a bad thing? it means one more convert for keeping the genre alive.

Festivals, in my opinion, are all about giving people the option to try new genres. I found a love for the Tidy Boys, Funkagenda and Dirty south when I did Global in 2009. People I may not of necessarily gone to see in a club.

Klubbers Day Line up:

Thursday:

Above & Beyond
Ferry Corsten
Sander Van Doorn
Seth Troxler
Steve Lawler
Tiefschwartz

Friday:

Hiedi
Jesse Rose
Octave One
Sven Vath
Ricardo Villalobos

Saturday:

Carl Craig
Christian Smith
Derrick May
Eric Prydz
M.A.N.D.Y
Paul Woolford

that's just some of them, they make GG & Creamfields look like a playground!

no contest obviously but your GG mongs wouldn't 'get' sonar - they might as well inhabit a parallel universe. It's gotta be BOSH all the way baby :rolleyes:

i think that's a good thing, i wouldn't want the like of the GG people there! 8)

Klubbers Day Line up:

Thursday:

Above & Beyond
Ferry Corsten
Sander Van Doorn
Seth Troxler
Steve Lawler
Tiefschwartz

Friday:

Hiedi
Jesse Rose
Octave One
Sven Vath
Ricardo Villalobos

Saturday:

Carl Craig
Christian Smith
Derrick May
Eric Prydz
M.A.N.D.Y
Paul Woolford

that's just some of them, they make GG & Creamfields look like a playground!

I'd say you left out a lot of the good ones there however this lot would be none the wiser lmao

Who said Tinie Tempah isn't cool? I'd say he's the epitome of cool isn't he with all his bling n sh*t?

Not one true house or techno puritan thinks they are cool, anyone that does is an imposter

I suspect some sort of reverse psychology. By saying you're not cool, you become cool. ;) Here, in the UK it's okay, but the big clubs in Ibiza are full of posing twits. I'm sure there are plenty of house and techno heads who think they're the mutt's nuts.

I suppose the trick is to be cool while looking underdressed and as if you're not trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer:

If people wanted to see Hawtin, they'd of got their tickets and gone.

And look on the flipside.
If more people come from mainstream and decide 'I wonder what that carl cox guy is like,' then actually realize he is good, is that a bad thing? it means one more convert for keeping the genre alive.

Festivals, in my opinion, are all about giving people the option to try new genres. I found a love for the Tidy Boys, Funkagenda and Dirty south when I did Global in 2009. People I may not of necessarily gone to see in a club.

Pardon me but when did this all become abpout Richie Hawtin?????

I am baffled as to how you thought the tidy boys and Funkagenda would be a good line of defence

tell me which is better, a big super club with fancy lights and lazors and all that bollocks, or a small club, with cool laid back people etc?

He just keeps springing up in conversation, so thought I'd reference him.

Music is a completely personal thing. What I'm saying is, it's possible to go, and discover other artists.

tell me which is better, a big super club with fancy lights and lazors and all that bollocks, or a small club, with cool laid back people etc?

Whichever has the best atmosphere and the best crowd. I have seen that in both big clubs and small clubs. A club with 0 atmosphere, no matter what size, can completely destroy a night. If no one else is feeling it, it can drag down your own mood.

when festivals put money and selling tickets above good music, then they have failed.

but the big clubs in Ibiza are full of posing twats

I doubt any of these people really care about music.. most of them are on the pull ..if your not touched up to the point of almost being sexual assault by at least 8 italians a night then consider yourself very ugly

I doubt any of these people really care about music.. most of them are on the pull ..if your not touched up to the point of almost being sexual assault by at least 8 italians a night then consider yourself very ugly

damn i must be ugly then, only got touched up by 7 Italians every night ;)

They have obviously just got greedy!

how busy was GG last year?? from reports, the answer is it was far from a sell out. Did they lose money last year?? who knows. Do they want to recover some of that loss this year if they did?? you would think so.

Its economics.

Events the size of this will always be about the money. I'm not saying that i think that is right, but its a fact.

Somewhere in between. When I'm :eek: I like room for a bit of a wander. I want at least a couple of music rooms and a bit to sit down. But I also want some feeling of darkness.

Whichever has the best atmosphere and the best crowd. I have seen that in both big clubs and small clubs. A club with 0 atmosphere, no matter what size, can completely destroy a night. If no one else is feeling it, it can drag down your own mood.

No you are wrong!!!!!!

The small dirty dark dingy stinking club full of scatty deranged people is the most precise and correct answer :D

a small club, with great music and a great crowd will (in my view) always be better than a massive over the top venue with loads of production budget etc etc. But peoples tastes change......Cream used to be (and i am prob showing my age a little here) the best thing in the world for me, but at the time it was probably the best known club in the world too.

No you are wrong!!!!!!

The small dirty dark dingy stinking club full of scatty deranged people is the most precise and correct answer :D

In your opinion. ;) I love a good light show. Being :eek: and seeing amazing lasers flash past, and Ice cannons explode on to you, is amazing. But if a club has no atmosphere, no matter the production, it wouldn't be the same. It'd be better to go to a small club if the atmosphere is better. OTR in sheffield is a good example of that, the Atmosphere was electric, and the club was tiny

Back