Global Gathering 2011

i think you are taking it slightly out of context mate - both Green and Tempah have 'some' element of dance in them.....Tinie has made tunes with SHM for example.

But the bottom line is that bookings like these finance the 'underground' acts you want to see.

'Some' element of dance could apply to a lot of pop stars, even Black Eyed Peas are considered 'dance' among some silly people!

also Sugababes won 'best dance act' many years ago at the Brits, but who would consider them dance?:rolleyes:

also Sugababes won 'best dance act' many years ago at the Brits, but who would consider them dance?:rolleyes:

all fair points mate.

but the fact remains that without acts like those booked by GG, the rest of festival would not look anywhere near as strong as it does. I have some experience in this, and the costs involved in these things are mindblowing!

all fair points mate.

but the fact remains that without acts like those booked by GG, the rest of festival would not look anywhere near as strong as it does. I have some experience in this, and the costs involved in these things are mindblowing!

I understand what you're saying mate, but there are dance acts that could be booked that would get the punters in without them losing their credibility, what about: The Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, Faithless, Fatboy Slim plus a million others, they don't have to go down the Top of the Pops route to get people in!

I understand what you're saying mate, but there are dance acts that could be booked that would get the punters in without them losing their credibility, what about: The Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, Faithless, Fatboy Slim plus a million others, they don't have to go down the Top of the Pops route to get people in!

any of those acts there (including the Chems who are my favourite act ever) would sell, in the current climate, about 20% of the tickets that Tempah will sell.

Chemical brothers are a creamfields exclusive, and haven't both Faithless, Jaxx and Slim all done the festival in the last few years? You can't keep having the same headliners over and over. Onemore, what kind of experience do you have? Just out of curiosity

any of those acts there (including the Chems who are my favourite act ever) would sell, in the current climate, about 20% of the tickets that Tempah will sell.

Well then they can't consider themselves a dance festival then!

Chemical brothers are a creamfields exclusive, and haven't both Faithless, Jaxx and Slim all done the festival in the last few years? You can't keep having the same headliners over and over. Onemore, what kind of experience do you have? Just out of curiosity

You and Andy need to get a room :lol:
Is anyone taking note of my really stupid comments :lol:

i have promoted a night in Liverpool for 5 years, we have played Creamfields numerous times and I know both the lads who run Creamfields and the lads who have done the majority of bookings for this GG festival.

Rather the same headliners than pop headliners

i have promoted a night in Liverpool for 5 years, we have played Creamfields numerous times and I know both the lads who run Creamfields and the lads who have done the majority of bookings for this GG festival.

time to give them a slap then! :p

At the end of the day, this is a forum of opinions. And there are some very strong opinions here. Most of us tend to disagree. That's good, it makes debate.
What I never like (as a personal thing) is my own opinion completely discarded by someone else. Every opinion has a merit, and should be considered. [/rant]

Having known of Global for the last few years, I say this line up is it's best. I can skip over the main stage. I'm happy for tinie, etc to play if it means I get to see some of the other DJs that a cheaper tickets or lower capacity venue would of afforded.
Same goes with Creamfields, I think this year is their best line up too.

Back