Global Gathering 2011

:confused: :spank: :rolleyes: :eek:

GG_11_Line-up_Website_1.jpg

Tinie Tempah & Professor Green!!!

Why are pop stars there? :eek:

anyone over the age of 15 going then? :confused:

what a strange comment?!?

it looks to be the strongest GG line up in a number of years to be fair. You can tell that there has been a change in the people involved in booking thes festival.

I assume your comment on the fact you think the line up is for kids is based on Tinie Tempah playing?? Did you not also see the likes of Hawtin/Beyer/Cox/Digweed etc etc etc.....hardly music for 15 year olds?!

what a strange comment?!?

it looks to be the strongest GG line up in a number of years to be fair. You can tell that there has been a change in the people involved in booking thes festival.

I assume your comment on the fact you think the line up is for kids is based on Tinie Tempah playing?? Did you not also see the likes of Hawtin/Beyer/Cox/Digweed etc etc etc.....hardly music for 15 year olds?!

Obviously Cox etc are some of the best dj's in the world, but having headliners like that is just f**king awful

Tinie Tempah & Professor Green!!!

Why are pop stars there? :eek:

its not hard is it to work out? The festival will have a capacity of say 50,000. Thats a lot of tickets that need selling. Therefore more commercial/popular acts that the masses are aware of have to be mixed with the more underground stuff in order to sell the large capacity of the event.

As good as the likes of Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox, Sasha etc are (and Above & Beyond, Halliwell etc for the trance heads) they won't sell a large capacity festival on their own.

Either way, theres something there for everyone and when you are highly intoxicated, i find anything goes so im sure it will be a jolly old weekend for whoever goes :lol:

Also noticed the complete lack of a hard house arena this year. Interesting. could it's days finally be over?

its not hard is it to work out? The festival will have a capacity of say 50,000. Thats a lot of tickets that need selling. Therefore more commercial/popular acts that the masses are aware of have to be mixed with the more underground stuff in order to sell the large capacity of the event.

As good as the likes of Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox, Sasha etc are (and Above & Beyond, Halliwell etc for the trance heads) they won't sell a large capacity festival on their own.

It's supposed to be a dance/electronic festival, if they're booking pop stars it kind of defeats the purpose, if it was an RnB festival or Pop festival, you'd expect this kind of sh1te but this isn't dance music.

If you went to Godskitchen and Professor Chav was there, you'd be pretty pi55ed as a dance fan!....

Yea, but then you wouldn't go.

Godskitchen is also 1/30th the size of Global Gathering.

At the end of the day, they need to sell tickets. If they can get extra people in, then pull in other acts, if it means the talent in the tent remains of a high quality. Just think, the people who are going for tinie are also helping to pay for hawtin, coxy, above & beyond et al too.

It's supposed to be a dance/electronic festival, if they're booking pop stars it kind of defeats the purpose, if it was an RnB festival or Pop festival, you'd expect this kind of sh1te but this isn't dance music.

If you went to Godskitchen and Professor Chav was there, you'd be pretty pi55ed as a dance fan!....

yeah of course, but if Pro Green or whoever was on at Gods in the club you just wouldn't go if you didn't want to. As i said before, commercial/mainstream artists are needed to sell that many tickets mate.

Bearing in mind as well they haven't got booked the closest thing to dance/mainstream cross over - Tiesto/SHM etc and you can understand why they have done it.

Its not like it hasn't been done before.....Kasabian wouldn't be classed by many as electronic yet they have played Creamfields before. Jesus - The Pet Shop Boys headlined the first Liverpool Creamfields and look how many number 1 hits they have had.

I understand your disappointment and, if i were going, i certainly wouldn't be taking time out to listen to Prof Green and the like, I am just saying that the reason for it is simple economics.

Yea, but then you wouldn't go.

Godskitchen is also 1/30th the size of Global Gathering.

At the end of the day, they need to sell tickets. If they can get extra people in, then pull in other acts, if it means the talent in the tent remains of a high quality. Just think, the people who are going for tinie are also helping to pay for hawtin, coxy, above & beyond et al too.

I wouldn't go to an RnB festival? of course i wouldn't :p

They are a dance festival, if they need to sell tickets then why not get some rock band in or some big pop star like, i dunno, Rhianna, i'm sure they'd sell a load of tickets then, not to the dance fans obviously.

If they can't get people through the gates of a dance festival by booking dance acts, then they have failed.

I'm gonna start my own hard house festival, headliners will be Cheryl Cole & Lady Gaga!

Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, Swedish House Mafia, and David Guetta are festival exclusives.

If they weren't, I bet you they'd be at Global.

yeah of course, but if Pro Green or whoever was on at Gods in the club you just wouldn't go if you didn't want to. As i said before, commercial/mainstream artists are needed to sell that many tickets mate.

Bearing in mind as well they haven't got booked the closest thing to dance/mainstream cross over - Tiesto/SHM etc and you can understand why they have done it.

Its not like it hasn't been done before.....Kasabian wouldn't be classed by many as electronic yet they have played Creamfields before. Jesus - The Pet Shop Boys headlined the first Liverpool Creamfields and look how many number 1 hits they have had.

I understand your disappointment and, if i were going, i certainly wouldn't be taking time out to listen to Prof Green and the like, I am just saying that the reason for it is simple economics.

The thing is if they can't sell tickets to a dance festival based on dance acts, then they have failed, it means they could basically book anyone, who's next some XFactor star or Pop Idol?

The thing is if they can't sell tickets to a dance festival based on dance acts, then they have failed, it means they could basically book anyone, who's next some XFactor star or Pop Idol?

i think you are taking it slightly out of context mate - both Green and Tempah have 'some' element of dance in them.....Tinie has made tunes with SHM for example.

But the bottom line is that bookings like these finance the 'underground' acts you want to see.

Back