Which is the best sunset bar?

DJ Biff said:
i still have a "cassette tape" (a primitive form of recording media) handed to me by jose padilla in exchange for 500pts, purporting to be music from the cafe del mar. do you think it could be worth as much as my original copy of Frank Wilson's Do i love you?

djb

Blimey heck .. you aint an old soulie are you?

Kumhares was really good we went on the sat for the special party and they had a chello player playing to the chilled out tunes the dj was playing.
Combined with hippy stalls and interesting decorum the place was very cool.
After sunset we had a lovely meal in the resturant part which is a wied shaped sculpture with a roof, you sit on floor cushions to eat on a low table and the style is Indonesion. We had a belly dancer dance around the tables as well. Plus some girl was painting a room dfferent colours which was wierd.
A great place to go.

Just returned, so here's an update:

Savannah - still nice but not as good. It all feels a bit forced now, and it's like sitting in a busy train station with so may people walking past all the time. Music was not up to scratch 1st week, but Christian was back in 2nd week, so FAR better! Food - new menu - nice!

Mambo - never liked it over the last couple of years, bit it gets a thumbs up this year. Jim Breese is a wicked resident dj. Don't know if they're still doing food.

Coastline / Sun Sea Bar - both IMO have totally lost all the atmosphere they had. Coastline's got the best deal, but watch u don't fall in the pool once the sun sets.

Kasbah - still great for food. Top marks.

Kanya - still lovely. 8/10

Cafe Del Mar - didn't go - the place sends me to sleep.

Sugar sea - THE BEST!!! Lovely music, great atmos, nice staff and nice Tapas. 10/10

misterc said:
Coastline / Sun Sea Bar - both IMO have totally lost all the atmosphere they had.
Coastline's got the best deal, but watch u don't fall in the pool once the sun sets

i agree :!:

every time i have been at sunsea bar it was ridiculously quiet!! :rolleyes:

misterc said:
Sugar sea - THE BEST!!! Lovely music, great atmos, nice staff and nice Tapas. 10/10

true!! 8)

sugarsea.jpg

sunset pictures taken from sugar sea here: http://www.picturetrail.com/mcrackin6

I liked Kanya the last few years, but it's getting too popular too and the music was often 'overruled' by Coastline Cafe...
This year we went to the neighbours, Kashba, nice views, good food, very friendly staff. Kashba is very nice, relaxed place to enjoy the sunset!

Apart from >Bar M - I found most of the bars full of posers who looked down on you as you walked about!!!!!! 8) In the day that is! Didnt want to go back at night! (No offence to all the normal people who go!) they just all seemed to look at me n my fella as though we had two heads :eek: :eek: :eek: :x and wernt welcome!!! Not a good vibe! Not going back! Ill stick to Bar M and Itaca (Very nice place!) :p going back tonight!! It was rather cloudy last night!

Think I have to say Café del Mar - its the original and really the best for sunsets. Post sunset tho, Mambo is the only way :D

i actually think cafe del mar is overrated, mabos and savannah are much better - wonder what that sugarsea is all about? and def. have to try km5 too!

I think Cafe Del Mar`s the best sunset bar...

I think Cafe Del Mar`s the best sunset bar, its somthing about the wibe there.... If you wanna chill out that is..
Anyway, the best place to chill out after the sun is set is Villa Mercedes..no mistake 8)

But this year im staying in Playa the`n Bossa. Anyone have some places to recomend there? Im staying for 5 weeks, and really need to find a nice place to hang out on my non clubbing dayz.. :eek:

5 uker!, din heldige gut! Ja du kenner jo ganske vist Cafe Del Mar men skal dere ut og spise, då anbefaler jeg sikkert Bambuddhas Grove, det er en kjempegreit restaurant i orientalsk stil med Buddhafigurer, flot udsmykning og supercoole tjenere og lekkert mat!

www.bambuddha.com

Tag evt. på Hippiemarket Onsdag og Lørdage, og skal i på stranden så besøk Calla Bassa, Calla D´Hort, Calla Vadella og Calla Jondal!

I have to say Savannah because they do THE BEST potato wedges in the world yummy yummy.

;)

i thought the grub was great in savannah and also liked the terrace out front as we sat there and had our meal.

would like to find out more about this sugar sea though as it sounds alright. do they have their own website :?:

Back