When you have a moment in a club

definite mismatch - CC comes from a totally different breed

austin allegro parked next to a rolls royce

It should be serious though.

Clubbing got $hit and lost its magic when people visibly started enjoying themselves.

tell me about it

whatever happened to getting in the dance, eyes shut, heads down?

there was always that shared collective memory which of course nobody could quite remember - what happened in the club stayed in the club -cameraphones ruined everything

So tell me whats fun about going to a Luciano night getting crushed so you can't dance?

Cos I was always under the impression that clubbing was all about music and to enjoy music you need to dance whether thats throwing mentalo shapes or just bobbing your head and taking in the tunes.

I don't mind Luciano being the next Guetta but stop pretending to be underground, he's about as underground as the bulb of a belisha beacon.. had I known this I would never have wasted the 40 euros going to his night and missed Wooly in Space

This is just my opinion but clubbing becomes not fun when the DJ becomes a 'superstar DJ' and they ram the club til its banks are bursting

tell me about it

whatever happened to getting in the dance, eyes shut, heads down?

there was always that shared collective memory which of course nobody could quite remember - what happened in the club stayed in the club -cameraphones ruined everything

Tongue was in cheek when I wrote the above but nggghhhhhh hating cameraphones too.

If you whipped out a camera in the old days of Trade, you'd be lynched by a bear and given marching orders. :lol:

Taking pics and the odd vid is ok but you have to look like sh*t in all the pics and the videos must be unidentifiable apart from the music - thats my personal rule of recording in clubs :D

essentially, I don't mind occasional humour in a club [eg when napoleon dynamite turned up and started bodypopping at sosho in 2008] but fundamentally it is a deadly serious business with certain recognised etiquette on all sides that needs to be observed. a bit of cheering is ok when there is an unexpected breakdown however idiots going woop-woop is a definite no-no. hauskitten is of course spot on that it should be about the music but sadly these days, a disturbingly high number of people in clubs have zero interest in the music and 100% interest in being seen/photographed next to some DJ they first read about in the inflight magazine. That's really the point when you just want to let off a stink bomb and see what happens.

this thread has turned into the acid house version of One Foot in The Grave.

olly is victor meldrew, mos def.

minus the melody it's not quite so bad .. can't believe thats what fabric looks like I was there Sat although mostly in room 2 didn't notice those ledges is that room 1?

looks like its being filmed from the stage/platform in room one facing the booth. Above that is the extra floor which used to be sort of vip but seems to be open to all last times i have been

minus the melody it's not quite so bad .. can't believe thats what fabric looks like I was there Sat although mostly in room 2 didn't notice those ledges is that room 1?

Yeah you can see a balcony area from lowered floor in room one i think it's vip

if the bolivian national anthem works, there's no reason why an ultra nate remix shouldn't.

Haha it'll probably be all over the place again soon... ultra nate i mean!

carl craig hero #1

playing that :eek::(

no wonder there is so much muttering on the techno boards at the moment

the definite rustle of laurels being rested on...

on the flipside, he has earned his stripes over 20 years (during 19 of which, most of those punters didn't even know who he was) - sudden payday playing the big rooms - fk it, why not!

Funny how you "adjusted" your comment, when you knew it's Luciano who played the song.
One more for the road:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU27ecLLCY4

Funny how you "adjusted" your comment, when you knew it's Luciano who played the song.
One more for the road:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU27ecLLCY4

I didn't adjust it at all. It surprised me that CC would play a tune like that - and it was of some relief when beckiboo said it was actually luciano.

Even so, there's a lot of folk gettin worried about carl craig at the moment - I've seen a few bitchy comments on twitter from the technorati - people are very precious about him and understandably so

Back