When you have a moment in a club

Agree, can't bear all that.

Feck off back to the VIP stable and show me the real talent.

(been listening to a tranny squat DJ this eve who has more talent in her right testicle than him.)

"famous" DJs? Enough already.

No better than Guetta.

(Do you think I should book a trip to Miami?)

WOW!! luciano is enjoying himself!!! shoot him!!! . I was at the night him and Carl Craig were back to back in Circus and he was going mad then. Carl Craig on the other hand, was just a grim faced as he is in all the miami videos. I personally enjoy it when the dj is also having a boss time, isnt that the point?. For someone who used to be a regualar at dc10, cocoon, have his own beach partys, aswell as playing pretty much every club on the island and now have his own sucessfull night at pacha( without being commericial) you can hardly say he has no talent.

Who gives a **** how hes acting being the decks aslong as its going off, which it always does whenever ive seen Luciano

those b2b sets seem to have a strange dynamic. looked at about 5 of those vids didnt see them communicate with each other once. Luciano going nuts seemingly having the time of his life and Carl Craig quietly coasting through. Hard to tell from a few little youtube vids I guess

WOW!! luciano is enjoying himself!!! shoot him!!! . I was at the night him and Carl Craig were back to back in Circus and he was going mad then. Carl Craig on the other hand, was just a grim faced as he is in all the miami videos. I personally enjoy it when the dj is also having a boss time, isnt that the point?. For someone who used to be a regualar at dc10, cocoon, have his own beach partys, aswell as playing pretty much every club on the island and now have his own sucessfull night at pacha( without being commericial) you can hardly say he has no talent.

Who gives a **** how hes acting being the decks aslong as its going off, which it always does whenever ive seen Luciano

oh no it isn't - he's paid to play other people's tracks, he's not a performing seal in a zoo

how many times do I have to fcking explain this on this forum?!

Think I'm in need of a night like that.

Boots optional

:lol:

would say it was 60% my age 40% various ages - not a bellend in sight nor a cheesy track to be heard.... well unless some one classes Dreams (Gurning Mix) or Man with the Red Face to be cheese - who knows what people like these days - I sure as hell dont....

However Garnier and LBS Rock!!! 8)

yeah this is interesting.

obviously matter of tastes and not such chin stroking or snobbery, more maybe that ultra nate - free, whilst not a bad record, is a pop record to me, pretty much all my associations of it are as pop record.

maybe it's age too, if you never lived through that record being so brutalised and abused, maybe you don't have the negative connotations.

you could look it the other way and suggest tracks that were true club classics, if you were old enough to remember, but to many they are just pop crap thanks to being regurgitated so much.

if free comes anywhere, i start thinking about strawberry yoghurt adverts or tampax ads with people roller blading. (no obvious pun on linking those two products btw!)

Quite.

I would have thrown a bottle at him tbf. :lol:

Pardon me but is it not about the music and not the way the DJ acts behind the decks what clubbing is all about? Carl can be as grim as he likes as long as he plays good tunes it means nothing to me but Luciano is clearly becoming an attention seeking muppet. I've seen DJs bopping away behind the decks in their own little world and thats great. I lasted 3 songs in Pacha last year when Luciano came on, I couldn't bare the screaming men calling his name. And then the groupies in the DJ booth it's pathetic. Since when was clubbing about watching the DJ what a load of bollox.

I'm sure was a lesser known DJ to drop the utter crap (so called anthems) that he does they would get slayed. Nobody likes free who has ever mentioned how good that tune is? How many people own it? But...... how many people sudden;y love it and want to download it just because Luciano played it

tell me wtf is fun about balancing a can of sprite on your forehead???

Pardon me but is it not about the music and not the way the DJ acts behind the decks what clubbing is all about? Carl can be as grim as he likes as long as he plays good tunes it means nothing to me but Luciano is clearly becoming an attention seeking muppet. I've seen DJs bopping away behind the decks in their own little world and thats great. I lasted 3 songs in Pacha last year when Luciano came on, I couldn't bare the screaming men calling his name. And then the groupies in the DJ booth it's pathetic. Since when was clubbing about watching the DJ what a load of bollox.

you are spot on, however, you and me are sadly part of a dying breed.

nu-generation clubber demandeth that DJ provides visual entertainment at all times. Boo hoo, he didn't wave at my cameraphone. call the cops!

erm...if it's all about the music (and i agree about that), then what the heck does it matter if the DJ stands still like a rock (like roger sanchez for example) or has a fiesta himself (like luciano, sven väth and more). if you're there for the music, do you look at the DJ all the time? yes sure, a DJ is paid to play other people's tracks...but does that mean he can't have fun while doing it?

I am not saying DJ interaction is a bad thing, expressing a mutual adoration for music is good but performing balancing acts getting mauled by women etc purely for the visual attention of the crowd in a look at me please manner is just gay.. he wouldn't be doing that if nobody was looking at him obviously would he..

A DJ having fun behind the decks is moving about, standing still, whatever but is doing so without the need for all eyes on me. Luciano is making an exhibition of himself thats different, he shouldn't be messing about with cans on his head he's providing a service and I'm sure once upon a time there was talk that is beat matching was crap..

erm...if it's all about the music (and i agree about that), then what the heck does it matter if the DJ stands still like a rock (like roger sanchez for example) or has a fiesta himself (like luciano, sven väth and more). if you're there for the music, do you look at the DJ all the time? yes sure, a DJ is paid to play other people's tracks...but does that mean he can't have fun while doing it?

it's the affectation that's annoying, the narcissism of it all - it's just annoying - when they're elevated high above ground level, they're an obvious focal point, you can't help but look that way, especially if everybody else is

joe claussell is the ONLY DJ on the planet I would want to watch for his theatrics but then he is also a supremely talented turntabilist who channels his wild energy into adding drama to the music itself, he doesn't pull stupid faces for the cameras, what he does is done with real sincerity and love for his records.

Also it would be easier to stomach if it didn't look like he was making Carl Craig feel awkward

oh and by the way yes it is about fun.. he's getting paid **** loads of money partially out of my pocket for me, and the others paying him, to have fun

Also it would be easier to stomach if it didn't look like he was making Carl Craig feel awkward

oh and by the way yes it is about fun.. he's getting paid **** loads of money partially out of my pocket for me, and the others paying him, to have fun

It should be serious though.

Clubbing got $hit and lost its magic when people visibly started enjoying themselves.

Back