When you have a moment in a club

think he played that at his last gig in fabric , some very mixed reactions by all accounts

Ihave to be honest I wouldn't be happy if anyone dropped that in a club as it's an annoying pop song (IMO) but I did notice in the vid comments someone played Good Life (I'm assuming Inner City) now thats more like it

There's a Carl Craig remix with some guy talking some camp sh** over it.. I just think it's one of them tunes you shouldn't mess with

think he played that at his last gig in fabric , some very mixed reactions by all accounts

Yep, he did. Fabric's birthday back in October. It did have a mix reaction from the crowd, mainly girls jumping up and down waving their arms about and the guys standing there with bemused looks on their faces.

It was fun to dance to and fitted the party atmosphere of Fabric after being open for 48hrs :eek: but not sure whether I'd want to hear it in the middle of a deep techno night.

I'm sure he played a Beyonce mix too :?: :lol: Or maybe that was my mind playing tricks on me :eek::lol:

I was at circus and the reaction to it was largely positive I thought, it was towards the end of the night, I personally thought it was great cos given the time I was :eek: and it reminds me a lot of my 1st Ibiza trip.
Best circus Ive been to and that includes Monsieur Garnier..

carl craig hero #1

playing that :eek::(

no wonder there is so much muttering on the techno boards at the moment

the definite rustle of laurels being rested on...

on the flipside, he has earned his stripes over 20 years (during 19 of which, most of those punters didn't even know who he was) - sudden payday playing the big rooms - fk it, why not!

I still like that song. Actually went to see Ultra Nate perform at a club a couple of weeks ago.

As for its appearance in the middle of a techno set - it'd all depend on mood and condition at the moment played. It could be fun and cathartic. Or it could seem horribly out of place.

IIRC when doves cry got an airing as well. also, I think At that point of the night (prior to "Free") it was more housey than techno being played

it's true that there has been a backlash brewing against carl craig in certain quarters over the last year or so. He really needs to make another killer record/remix to shut everyone up

It was such a good night for music 8)

Venue was bloody freezing though, must have been in the minus figures all night. Definitely one to check out in the summer :)

It was such a good night for music 8)

Venue was bloody freezing though, must have been in the minus figures all night. Definitely one to check out in the summer :)

Ha Ha I went there for a garnier night a couple of years ago and I dont think Erin took her coat off the whole night!

btw - juan atkins is playing plan b, brixton tmrw night

*juan atkins is notorious for cancelling UK gigs at the last minute though so hmm..

Ha Ha I went there for a garnier night a couple of years ago and I dont think Erin took her coat off the whole night!

Lol, we didn't either! Had my gloves and scarf on at one point :lol: By the end of the night my feet were actually numb!

Personally have no problem with any DJ playing a classic at an appropriate moment if it fits the bill, that bit of spontaneity is why I still go clubbing at 35 and can make a night unique. Not a big fan though if it then becomes a regular thing that is dropped in numerous sets in different places. Surely such a thing should be horses for courses, use a bit of imagination!

Back