When are you too old?

Me too... Just to say how different you will be at 40...
let's face it, Mr Rye will have moved on to whatever scene is fashionable at the time, and his Ibiza phase will be long forgotten by the time he's 40. As soon as he no longer looks great topless, Ibiza will lose it's appeal

let's face it, Mr Rye will have moved on to whatever scene is fashionable at the time, and his Ibiza phase will be long forgotten by the time he's 40. As soon as he no longer looks great topless, Ibiza will lose it's appeal

Just so you know - I started working out over four years ago....That is a long time to make myself 'fashionable'. I don't spend all year around with countless hours of hard graft so I can remove my top in Ibiza once or twice a year.

I do it for myself and besides. If you had a set of keys to a Ferrari F12 for a couple of weeks in the summer you wouldn't take the bus!

Ok sunshine

Just so you know - I started working out over four years ago....That is a long time to make myself 'fashionable'. I don't spend all year around with countless hours of hard graft so I can remove my top in Ibiza once or twice a year.

I do it for myself and besides. If you had a set of keys to a Ferrari F12 for a couple of weeks in the summer you wouldn't take the bus!

Ok sunshine
I couldn't care less when you started working out, with all those "countless hours of hard graft" - lol. I was referring to Ibiza being fashionable. You strike me as a textbook TOWIE type, and I'm sure when the fake-tanned masses move on to the next thing, you'll move with them.

OK sunshine ?

I couldn't care less when you started working out, with all those "countless hours of hard graft" - lol. I was referring to Ibiza being fashionable. You strike me as a textbook TOWIE type, and I'm sure when the fake-tanned masses move on to the next thing, you'll move with them.

OK sunshine ?

Well I live in Hertfordshire not Essex

I don't wear fake tan

I don't go to Ibiza to be fashionable and in fact I would say it isn't exactly that fashionable to go to Ibiza. Not as much as If I was swanning off to Dubai or Marbella

Yes sunshine - because you brighten up my day

Congratulations you are old..:)
I would love to read your stories from the early years + share any pix if you have any?
1977 comming soon....................

it would be pretty cool if everyone who remembers pre-internet ibiza (or indeed anyone with any good pix/stories) could somehow contribute pictures, memorabilia and wild never told before stories. perhaps someone on the staff could collate it all together and make a book out of it and give proceeds to charity (eg Save The Goats campaign)? i'm thinking out loud here so not sure how this would all work.

We all need to know

Was Ibiza better then than it is now!?!?

When was your most favourable time? Do you still enjoy Ibiza to date?

I cannot prevent someone taking a poke at my nips mate.....This forum is out of control
You travel with Ryan Air,cause you don`t need to pay 4 bag cause no t-shirt,or only waithing 4 Ibiza weekender guide job.
Or just better shape then the rest of us spotlighters?

Last edited:
Is 41 too old? I am going this year for my 5th time. ('98, '99, 01 and '15) with my wife who is 23 years old. I know she will out party me but still, I shall give it my best shot :) We re booking w/c 5th June for only 4 nights as we have a 2 year old who will be here at home with his grandma. Not right leaving him for any longer than 4 nights in our eyes. Really looking forward to it but not sure on what club to go to. My wife likes pretty much any dance music same for me too although I do currently love this DJ and his mixes so if you point me in the direction of a club/night that has this playing I will be in heaven.

Other 1/2 (wife) and I are 42 (we have 2 kids and they ask if they stay with grandpairents for a week every year so we sneek off to Ibiza) and we go most years, from 1997. sometimes we take the kids with us. can't wait 'til they are 18 to show them the other side of the island.

Last edited:
Other 1/2 (wife) and I are 42 (we have 2 kids and they ask if they stay with grandpairents for a week every year so we sneek off to Ibiza) and we go most years, from 1997. sometimes we take the kids with us. can't wait 'til they are 18 to show them the other side of the island.
Amen Pete.
We are all going together this year , my eldest is 18 a few weeks before we go. Her and I are planning on Amnesia for Cocoon and maybe something a bit more commercial (I know!) at Pacha. Would like all 5 of us to do Destino maybe if there is no age limit? Plus lots of northern exploration as a family.

Back