When are you too old?

My next night out is 15th February, 2 nights in dublin for Band of horses gig Wednesday and an intimate boogie with new jackson on Thursday.:) beard count should be high for both nights but fck it we're there for the love of music..:cool:

At 58, someone aged fifty is a youngster to me!!
Anyway, if there are many forty-somethings who do enjoy the clubbing scene, but if many are put off simply by their age, would there be demand if a club put on a night once a fortnight (or something) simply to cater for the over 40's (30's??) so us wrinklies might feel more comfortable?
If so, the evening would need a name. Zimma @ Pasha?? Or have I forgotten that we already got one, Amnes..... ;-D

Last edited:
DJs in their 40s/50s generally are better, because of their history, exposure to different music and analogue production and the fact they had to graft to get where they are at a time when being a DJ was barely a step up from a roadie.

ravers in their 40/50s generally are better, because of their history, exposure to different music and analogue production and the fact that they had to graft to get where they are at a time when being a raver was barely a step up from being a junkie.

;)

ravers in their 40/50s generally are better, because of their history, exposure to different music and analogue production and the fact that they had to graft to get where they are at a time when being a raver was barely a step up from being a junkie.

;)

agreed but I feel for those poor young people who nowadays have to endure years of EDM before they finally have their epiphany and discover good electronic music ;)

I'm 36 this year and going back in June. Probably last time mind as have other plans in life like kids/marriage before I get too old. Thought last year was the last time mind. Will be my 6th time lol.

I generally find being older I get more respect and people want to talk to you to learn about Ibiza of old and learn money saving tricks etc.

Anyone who knows Ibiza knows it's about the music. Admittedly couldn't go clubbing every night but still did children of the 80's then did guest list to space last year after an afternoon at Bora Bora so still got it.

This year plan is to do Amnesia and Pacha as my Mrs hasn't been there!

Last edited:
agreed but I feel for those poor young people who nowadays have to endure years of EDM before they finally have their epiphany and discover good electronic music ;)

I don't! The youth today have to be the lamest in ever . They should be creating the music, and the the music venue's,the creativity should be coming from them,as has happened throughout history.

I'm 36 this year and going back in June. Probably last time mind as have other plans in life like kids/marriage before I get too old. Thought last year was the last time mind. Will be my 6th time lol.

I generally find being older I get more respect and people want to talk to you to learn about Ibiza of old and learn money saving tricks etc.

Anyone who knows Ibiza knows it's about the music. Admittedly couldn't go clubbing every night but still did children of the 80's then did guest list to space last year after an afternoon at Bora Bora so still got it.

This year plan is to do Amnesia and Pacha as my Mrs hasn't been there!
36 years old and 6th time in ibiza, you are a rookie :D:cool:

Red carpet for ibiza 77, please... :cool:
Same for my wife approximately, she went for the first time in 1973(year of my birth :eek:), she was 8 years old...
Yes, I live with a cougar :D
Between the summers and the winters, for sure she came more than 50...
Compared to her, I am a little player.

:lol::lol::lol:
Ive got an older one too!

Ha! In my case, I'm the cradle-robber. :D

My partner is six years younger than me, but has no interest in partying in Ibiza like I do. :( But fortunately for me (and one of the reasons I love it), Ibiza is a place where there's no problem making new friends for the week!

Back