When are you too old?

So I first hit Ibiza for the music at the age of 28....Been 3 times.....Will be returning next year at the age of 30

Now when I say I am 30 and going Ibiza I think jeez what must people think!!

Yet I do not feel 30 and I would even go as far to say I don't look it!

So how old are the clubbers of Ibiza here?

Don't worry about it rye,you sill just about qualify for the 18 -30s....

I guess this topic goes hand in hand with BEEFA1 Rave scene topic

I certainly don't feel old when I am in Ibiza but I get the impression friends and family may consider me to be immature and a bit of a loser for going to Ibiza at the age of 30
Based on their assumption that Ibiza is just another Magaluf

At 53 (me) and visiting Ibiza for around 25 years I dont think age really matters. What does happen is that your view and tastes in ibiza change over time and one of the big advantages of being in ibiza is that it caters from those who are really young to those who are more mature (like me).

'Clubbing' isnt the only ibiza attraction anymore.
It will be my 53rd Birthday out in Ibiza in July and I can't wait feeling excited about the whole experience I'm living my dream :)

Jesus I didn't realize everyone was so old on here :p jk
IL be 30 next summer, been going since 2006. I have my 2nd daughter being born next month. My partner says I'm too old for clubbing, she doesn't understand that I go clubbing for passion for the music and not for the Sesh like most others.
Life of rye I'm in the same boat as you mate, loads of people assume ibiza is just like magaluf and in many ways they are right just people looking to get drunk and shag. You are never too old for music but when you tell people you go clubbing or to ibiza for the music they look at you as if your mad.

IL be 30 next summer, been going since 2006. I have my 2nd daughter being born next month. My partner says I'm too old for clubbing, she doesn't understand that I go clubbing for passion for the music and not for the Sesh like most others.
Life of rye I'm in the same boat as you mate, loads of people assume ibiza is just like magaluf and in many ways they are right just people looking to get drunk and shag. You are never too old for music but when you tell people you go clubbing or to ibiza for the music they look at you as if your mad.
Hey not so much of the old!!! your as young as you feel and I believe it's the music that keeps you that way. I certainly don't go out to shag but have an amazing night. It all started in 89 for me and I still love it ;)

I certainly don't feel old when I am in Ibiza but I get the impression friends and family may consider me to be immature and a bit of a loser for going to Ibiza at the age of 30. Based on their assumption that Ibiza is just another Magaluf

Give it a few years and their opinions of you doing Ibiza will probably change again. For me, I'm in my 40's, and spending a night out until dawn at Cream at Amensia is one of my favorite things to do anywhere. My friends and colleagues who are married with children wish they could get away and party for a week at a time like I have.

Figure most people who try to judge you for what you do for fun are actually envious that you're getting more fun out of life than they are.

Not just for the Sesh, you mean. :D

Age doesnt come into it for me. As long as i can walk in a club and hear some decent house/techno i will go. When the day comes that everywhere is playing edm type crap thats when i will pack it in. Even then i will probably still go but avoid clubs. Im married with 2 kids i need a couple of days away each year to let off a bit of steam

I was 38 at the end of November there, and for my 18th visit just under 2 months earlier, i was walking into Space Closing at 8:25am, having been on it from Saturday afternoon, leaving at the end, partying in an Ushuaia room until 7:00pm, then straight to DC-10 until Tuesday morning... Age is only a number!!

Granted, i went out on the Tuesday, hired a scooter and explored the island, whereas a typical 18yr old might want to find the next party... That's the only difference!!

:)

Age doesnt come into it for me. As long as i can walk in a club and hear some decent house/techno i will go. When the day comes that everywhere is playing edm type crap thats when i will pack it in. Even then i will probably still go but avoid clubs. Im married with 2 kids i need a couple of days away each year to let off a bit of steam

AM.EN dude

I have a feeling im going to be to old on Sunday morning..just picked up some fondue for tomorrow night..:twisted: thank fck hotel is booked for Sunday night aswell..

Remember ones talking to some tourist around 25 years old,they said we´re too old. I took
them around the island to some nice beaches,hippy marked,night life, they said(WOW) every
place we went and wanted to come back.
My first time in Ibiza was in 1977 and I´m still going 2 or 3 times a year Clubbin´,Formentera,
Eating and Meeting friends and old friends from work.

I'm 32 this year and far from done with ibiza! I only got started a few years ago, we do try and see as much of it as possible tho (not just the clubs) and probably can only do 1-2 big nights in a week, I don't actually see how people in thier early 20's can afford to enjoy it as much as older people to be fair (unless they've got rich parents of course)

I don't actually see how people in thier early 20's can afford to enjoy it as much as older people to be fair (unless they've got rich parents of course)

There are an increasing number of younger people who are put in a position where they are unable to buy their own property. In fact, they think that they will never afford it and as such (coupled with anti social media pressure) just spend every penny they earn on holidays, 250ml glasses of Marlborough and mobile phone contracts.

There are an increasing number of younger people who are put in a position where they are unable to buy their own property. In fact, they think that they will never afford it and as such (coupled with anti social media pressure) just spend every penny they earn on holidays, 250ml glasses of Marlborough and mobile phone contracts.

I have a mortgage so I am much more limited financially than one of my best mates who is the same age and still lives with his parents

He wants to book up Ushuaia this year where as I cannot afford to do that so I don't necessarily agree with the fact older people have more to spend

Saying that I wouldn't like to be in a position living at home with parents with more money to spend. Would rather have my own home

I also feel lucky I got my house when I did (4 years ago). Since then it has become even more difficult to get your own home. How a lender expects a first time buyer in their 20's to have in the region of 30k in their savings is beyond me. Coupled with the fact you will have to pay out roughly 1k a month solely on a mortgage before any other bills. Case down south anyway

By the time of my next visit this year I will be 29. I first went as a 22 year old. I still enjoy going up the west end for tropi trance bar and I've had some great memories there down the years. Down the years my tastes have changed and I have been a couple of times out of season the last couple of years. I always said I'd still be a San antonio, West end raver till around 30 then I may relocate to stay in the northern, more relaxed part of the island and just go the club's a few times a holiday. I'm only a year and a half off that age now and, at the moment, my love for the party side of the island isn't wavering so we'll see. My advice would be to just do it till you stop enjoying it. The only ones that judge tend to be the people that are jealous cause they are tied down by something or other back home which doesn't allow them that freedom. As long as you're not hurting anyone, who cares? it's your life pal. Enjoy it

Back