When are you too old?

Never too old for Ibiza!! At 42 it's been almost 20 years since my first visit in 1997. I had a few years hiatus when my circle of friends were doing the 'ain't you done with that yet' mantra....the answer is no! I still have those friends and their lives seem a helluva lot duller than mine! However, it genuinely isn't a competition to see who can have more fun (I'd win anyway) but more that I am strongly pulled to the motto of "you only have one life, live it the way you want to"...there will come a point in life when it may be physically impossible to still do the rave but until then I'm happy to just keep on enjoying myself while making memories that I can cherish when that time comes to hang up the dancing shoes

Last edited:
In my end 30's I'm still far away from feeling to old. The times are changing and it's not like it used to be.....of course. Bring now wife and kid to the island. Even mother in law started to fall in love with Ibiza and what it stands for (shoudn't bring her to FlowerPower and Destino :rolleyes:). Only one or two nights out then but I still manage to spend some days with friends for openings or closings.......Ibiza 2017:get ready :)

When are you too old to go on holiday? Never.

I am 28, been the last 7 years and been asked recently this question. My answer is 'every year until am 40'.

I still feel young when I go, most of the places I visit are usually filled with 30+ year olds which a lot of people don't understand back home.

Think as people have said above, Ibiza has an image of young party people, which of course it has. But with the high costs of nightclub, hotel & drinks prices, it's simply not affordable to a lot of 18 - 25 year olds who are maybe still at uni etc. Unless it's a San An & West end effort.

To old for Ibiza????

There's your benchmark....

01750b7d64490b26ec7c76917ecadf5295ecad1b.jpg

My answer is 'every year until am 40

Why,whats going to happen when you're 40?

Think as people have said above, Ibiza has an image of young party people, which of course it has. But with the high costs of nightclub, hotel & drinks prices, it's simply not affordable to a lot of 18 - 25 year olds who are maybe still at uni etc. Unless it's a San An & West end effort.

18-25,it'll never be easier for most people.

A part time job should sort that out. Or just f*** uni off,get a job and enjoy your yoof, because there isn't a decent career at the end of it anymore.

what we now have is a four tier clubbing market

GROUP A - under 21s entry level - to be found at cheap resorts/in gutters/in strangers' beds - zero understanding of/interest in ibiza/music - but determined to make their presence felt. This demographic does not remember the 20th century and in some cases was born after it. Open air night time clubbing? what's THAT?

GROUP B - 21-30s the ones who have started to 'branch out' - some are getting into music but still unable to tell their deadmau5 from their Danger Mouse. The rest just focus on their pecs/other people's pecs.

GROUP C - 30s this is peak demographic - the most clued up crowd about what's going on, professional social media ninjas and RA disciples OR the ones who flood your timelines with endless unsolicited group selfies from VIP

GROUP D - 40s / 50s / 'seniors' - a growing sector - a silver haired / dyed haired / no haired coalition of those of who retired and returned, those who never stopped and those about to enter, are already immersed in and/or are unable to escape from midlife crisis. Their offspring have babysitters or in some cases are now clubbing with them.

what we now have is a four tier clubbing market

GROUP A - under 21s entry level - to be found at cheap resorts/in gutters/in strangers' beds - zero understanding of/interest in ibiza/music - but determined to make their presence felt. This demographic does not remember the 20th century and in some cases was born after it. Open air night time clubbing? what's THAT?

GROUP B - 21-30s the ones who have started to 'branch out' - some are getting into music but still unable to tell their deadmau5 from their Danger Mouse. The rest just focus on their pecs/other people's pecs.

GROUP C - 30s this is peak demographic - the most clued up crowd about what's going on, professional social media ninjas and RA disciples OR the ones who flood your timelines with endless unsolicited group selfies from VIP

GROUP D - 40s / 50s / 'seniors' - a growing sector - a silver haired / dyed haired / no haired coalition of those of who retired and returned, those who never stopped and those about to enter, are already immersed in and/or are unable to escape from midlife crisis. Their offspring have babysitters or in some cases are now clubbing with them.

I know this is meant to be tongue in cheek but what a load of old nonsense! I still go clubbing in my 40's because I'm a lifelong fan of electronic music and I don't see what my age has got to do with anything. Quite why anyone thinks they or anyone else should have to stop enjoying something because of their age is beyond me...

I know this is meant to be tongue in cheek but what a load of old nonsense! I still go clubbing in my 40's because I'm a lifelong fan of electronic music and I don't see what my age has got to do with anything. Quite why anyone thinks they or anyone else should have to stop enjoying something because of their age is beyond me...

The main thing is that you have retained your sense of humour!:lol:

Well i'm 21 and I think it is actually embarrassing, not to say offensive, that incontinent old men continue to invade our dance spaces. nobody cares that it used to be better, get over yourselves. we're milennials and our time is now. Time to bounce grandpa #PLUR

actually on the cusp of 42 but I digress... I think I've reached the point where I'm quite happy to grow old disgracefully, but I want to be in environments I like ie the right crowd, the right music, the right setting. when people (of various ages) come on and get all insecure about whether they should still go out, I think what they really mean is, not should I still go out but what is the right environment for me to go out in

Back