When are you too old?

Interesting thread. Ive just turned 43. I didnt get to Ibiza til I was 33 and then went 8 years on the bounce. 2019 me and my friend of same age went for a wk and were on it every night for 6 nights. You really are never too old BUT youve gotta look after yourself more...eat something lol, loads of water and dont hammer the drugs too much...and you can carry on forever if you want.

In fact just found the list of nights I did in 2019...not bad for a then 41 year old....

Weds...Mambo then DC10...Superb warm up which just got better when we got to DC10.
Thurs...Destino then Pacha....First time at Destino will defo be going again great venue, fantastic set from Kitten (Before Carola). Pacha.. very full but superb atmosphere.
Fri..Ocean Beach then Eden....Great cheesy kinda day at OCB, Eden was too packed and far too hot which spoilt it at bit for me although everyone else was raving about it. Would give it another try.
Sat...Elrow...First time at Elrow didnt disappoint, was full but we found a good spot in the back righthand corner as you look at the elrow stage.
Sun...Blue Marlin..Brilliant all round, Kolsch stole the lime light from Tong with a superb set.
Mon..Pikes...Was flagging at this point but Pikes is an ideal venue for a semi chilled kinda night.

God...what id do to be able to do that again this year. Not going to happen thou imo.

Last edited:
When it comes to Big Joan, it definitely applies! How’s she getting on @Hally?
Shes a lot better thank you, I'm thinking it was inflammation given how it's got better so quickly. Started planning her trips out now shes been jabbed, need to slow her down (bit of a role reversal although hopefully she isnt planning on getting up to any of my antics)

Last edited:
Shes a lot better thank you, I'm thinking it was inflammation given how it's got better so quickly. Started planning her trips out now shes been jabbed, need to slow her down (bit of a role reversal although hopefully she is planning on getting up to any of my antics)
Good to hear. Get her on that Amnesia balcony!

Yes we will laugh at that young lad?? I remember when I was approaching my 30's..27 my first season Ibiza

Loads of old people in Ibiza still partying and having a good time, that's one of the things I love about ibiza

I used to party every week when I was younger and loved it.... now I still party every now and again in average about once every 2 or 3 months. I mostly now save myself for partying at festivals and for Ibiza..
My problem is I still party like the youngsters ? . In fact harder, I'm getting worse as I get older and love it more:rolleyes:.

My problem is I still party like the youngsters ? . In fact harder, I'm getting worse as I get older and love it more:rolleyes:.
I still partied hard too at your age, when you love partying it takes ages to calm down, you still have a few years left yet?

LOL!

I feel underestimated when it comes to age sometimes. I'm lucky though... Since I quit drinking I've lost 20.4117 kg. And Jack in the Box (we have a fast food place called JITB...). I've gotten leaner and it actually looks reasonable to have me in the vicinity of a dancefloor! ?

That may be the reason why age is such a factor in club and rave contexts - with age we soften around the middle, as we can afford more beer and food!

Had an e-mail from a mate (now an ex-mate!) pointing out that this year I turn 111111.

The little sod's right too.

Back