When are you too old?

SPL broken down into 3 core demographic groups :-

1. 'the first timers'

2. 'the midfield generals'

3. 'the old carthorses'

which are you?
i like to think of myself as some sort of rave iggy pop type....too old to be there but more rock n roll than the youngsters could dream of.

in reality i probably look like some sad old man acting like its 1993

Jesus I started this thread when I was 29 and this May I will be turning 34 - ffs.

I have had to return to this to have a read as it dawned on me how the years just float away especially with the fact last year was spent mostly at home it is a real waste of a year when in theory we only live for such a really short moment on this earth.

I do think to myself it won't be long until I hit 40 yet I imagine when I do I will still be dressing the same and behaving the same, working out and hitting all the right events regardless. I don't ever anticipate 'feeling' and older than what I do right now I an I feel like i am still in my 20's

Jesus I started this thread when I was 29 and this May I will be turning 34 - ffs.

I have had to return to this to have a read as it dawned on me how the years just float away especially with the fact last year was spent mostly at home it is a real waste of a year when in theory we only live for such a really short moment on this earth.

I do think to myself it won't be long until I hit 40 yet I imagine when I do I will still be dressing the same and behaving the same, working out and hitting all the right events regardless. I don't ever anticipate 'feeling' and older than what I do right now I an I feel like i am still in my 20's
You old fart

I just turned 43 and feel better than I did for most of my teens and twenties. You're big on training too so you wont either. I think since the 80s rave generation grew older theres no acceptance for having a set of guidelines as to what you can and cant do. Up until recently Id been going to some club nights with folks who are all in their mid 50s and for not one second did it feel like it was daft.

Yeah exactly....you have a whole generation growing up with the scene, I don't think it will ever leave you. Ok you might not be going out every weekend on a Saturday night, but you look at the Clockwork Orange weekend and things like that, people come out of the woodwork for special occasions. Once a raver always a raver.

Pete Tong......
............... is 60.

Get in!!!!!

Pete Tong......
............... is 60.

Get in!!!!!
I'd love to know how many of these 'originals' still party, your Oakies, Ramplings, etc. Or are they still doing it as it pays the bills. You definitely get the feeling the Clockwork crew still love it

Back