When are you too old?

that Barrott quote does sound a bit embellished but then again I met a drug dealer in my barrio here who told me he had never been into the city in 45 years - he lives a totally self-contained existence between 2 tower blocks on the hill. Which I can well believe..

VICE is sometimes pretty good (if sensationalist) at covering millennial, generational stuff but there needs to be a site aimed at the 40 something crowd - massive gap in market

There's an episode of Dallas where they bring JR to the ocean and its his first time seeing the sea,he was about 42.. Texas sure is big..

also in the 38 camp. always said that one of the things that makes ibiza unique (still today) is the wide range of age of people you see in the clubs. hardly anyone under 20, then lots between 25 and 40, but then also still a lot of folk between 40 and what...60? and this is something you don‘t see elsewhere I think.

Not only that, but a lot of the younger crowd seems cool to mix with the older set too. I've made so many great Ibiza memories of meeting, drinking, dancing and partying with people across the age spectrum.

For sure, some that may be due to the prevalence of various chemical mood enhancements... but whatever the reason, being comfortable and having a great time while being myself is a big part of what keeps me coming back. About the only other place I've found that is at some of the trance music events I've been to elsewhere in Europe.

So I’m going for my first trip to Ibiza next week to experience Glitterbox at Hi...love my music and always wanted to experience it in a super club. So being 52 and travelling alone I wondered if I’d stick out too much but hey I’m still going and can’t wait! Hope to make friends and finally feel the joy of Ibiza :) Or am being too positive?

I’m also 31 but people never believe me. I’m mistaken for early-mid 20’s, especially if I’m clean shaven.

I never lie about it though, I don’t get why anyone would. It’s just a friggin’ number.

Back