What was manumission like in the glory days?

Loveibizatrance1

just back from Ibiza heard a lot of crazy stories about manumission over the years ever been to the night because it's no longer running and I'm 20 so was too young to go and experience it what's your crazy stories or best memories from this night?

In nearly 30 years of clubbing, Manumission between 95 and 97 were the best clubbing experiences I have ever had. It will never unfortunately be beaten, one of those once in a life time experiences. I have read about the debauchery at Studio 54 and this was up there with it.

I went to it in 2002 and 2004, good party :)

2002 there wasnt much(that i can remember) in the way of a sex show.
In 2004 there was a moulon rouge type skit where the guy was chasing the girl around a house on the stage and all the "sex" was seen through silhouettes and the odd bit of soft core stuff on the stage.

I seen a old flyer or billboard marketing on another thread for manumission lady spreading her legs with money flying everywhere topless lol

Ah yes Manumission - I spent a month in there one night. First visit was '98 - So many truly spectacular nights and mornings followed. An untouchable, unrepeatable experience and totally of its time.

Judging by the response on this thread is manumission the best club night there has been in Ibiza? Out of all the club nights manumission and cream are probably the most talked about?

I just remember the huge queue to get in and then being overawed by the sheer size and scale of the place.

There was so much going on, and if I'm being honest only being 18 at the time back in the 90s, I probably didn't appreciate it as much as I would now.

My mate did end up in the pool at the end of the night absolutely trolleyed - ruined a reel (remember them) of our camera snaps, and then we struggled to get a taxi because he was soaking wet.

Great days. I wish I could go back to these nights and experience it again now that I'm older and wiser. :confused:

Last edited:
In 1996 I was at everyone for that season and mike never got it up for the sex show.:eek: "thumbing it in" in front of thousands..:)

i have pictures I took of Mike and Claire on stage in 96.... that was an unexpected visual!!! lol.

i've described Manumission as Circ du Soleil on acid to people...96 was epic... went back in 99 and just as good IMO... and the Manumission motel was pretty crazy also.

Amazing night. I first went in 97 to "The Marriage Of Sid And Nancy" we were just coming up off "Tequila Sunrise" when we got in and a massive glitter bomb exploded over our heads, as the glitter was falling around us a dwarf with a fake green Mohican was head butting my shins, mad intro to a night that got even madder. DJ's in the loos. Naked lesbians chained by the neck to each other writhing on a massive bed. Jean Paul Gaultier bumping into us when we were slightly worse for wear. Mike pulling a Union Jack out of Claire with his teeth and then one of my best memories was Beloved's Sun Rising booming out as the sun came up. Good times.

Amazing night. I first went in 97 to "The Marriage Of Sid And Nancy" we were just coming up off "Tequila Sunrise" when we got in and a massive glitter bomb exploded over our heads, as the glitter was falling around us a dwarf with a fake green Mohican was head butting my shins, mad intro to a night that got even madder. DJ's in the loos. Naked lesbians chained by the neck to each other writhing on a massive bed. Jean Paul Gaultier bumping into us when we were slightly worse for wear. Mike pulling a Union Jack out of Claire with his teeth and then one of my best memories was Beloved's Sun Rising booming out as the sun came up. Good times.

Just got into it all a little too late for this but of all the times I wish I could turn the clock back then it would be to Manumission late 90's

Back