The building formerly known as Space --> HÏ Ibiza

Anyone on spotlight go? How was it?

aimee went - she said it was alright. haven´t seen her yet since though and thus haven´t got any details just yet. from what I´ve heard it was well busy, but not rammed. pretty comfy actually which is nice. can´t say anything about the music, but I´m sure a few from the forum went so...reports please!

In an online article in mixmag Steve Lawler says yes, hi is better than what space was like in the last 5 years.
even more surprisingly:

"one thing that Hï has done very well is serve both the dancefloor and the VIP equally. The way the main room is laid out is rather clever. Everyone feels like they are the centre of attention here, unlike many other clubs where the VIP gets better treatment." o_O

he clearly contradicts almost every opinion on this forum (including mine) :)

In an online article in mixmag Steve Lawler says yes, hi is better than what space was like in the last 5 years.
even more surprisingly:

"one thing that Hï has done very well is serve both the dancefloor and the VIP equally. The way the main room is laid out is rather clever. Everyone feels like they are the centre of attention here, unlike many other clubs where the VIP gets better treatment." o_O

Hardly surprising though is it, he is one of the headliners for their biggest night. While I enjoyed Viva Warriors @ Sankeys, what he is involved with now is clearly bigger

even more surprisingly:

I would also hazard a guess that he never got asked to play Space during the last 5 years?

Seems a bit bitter but for the balance of opinion he is probably receiving a healthy wage off of Hi now so he's hardly going to say its shite and will never be as good as Space

it's not surprising that a hi resident says something positive about hi (if he wants to play there in the future). I just found it curious that he would say exactly something that almost everybody experienced differently :) Also wondering how HE would know what theatre room is like for a normal punter.
have to agree, his sets are a tech-house snoozefest.

I would also hazard a guess that he never got asked to play Space during the last 5 years?

Seems a bit bitter but for the balance of opinion he is probably receiving a healthy wage off of Hi now so he's hardly going to say its shite and will never be as good as Space

He played the last ever closing though?

And I’m sure he is well aware this club will never achieve what space did nor will it ever be as good.

But since Space is now gone why would he go around saying Hi is s***? As the saying goes don’t bite the hand that feeds you! He probably just wants the residency again next year so wants to keep the people up top happy.

He played the last ever closing though?

And I’m sure he is well aware this club will never achieve what space did nor will it ever be as good.

But since Space is now gone why would he go around saying Hi is s***? As the saying goes don’t bite the hand that feeds you! He probably just wants the residency again next year so wants to keep the people up top happy.

I wasn't aware that he did mate but it's a long time since he was a regular at Space.

Exactly, nostalgia doesn't pay the bills unfortunately.

I was really surprised to read that Shite from Steve Lawler, all the other hi DJs were obviously still positive about hi but at least admitted it was a big change and a tough start after space.

Ilario Alicantes comments were spot on and if only more big DJs spoke out like this we might get a (small) change

even more surprisingly:

You dont bite the hand that feeds you

Back