Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2015

PART ONE -

Dates I was there:
29th July - 5th August

Where you stayed:
Hotel Torre Del Mar PDB - amazing room with a Sea View! In fact couldn't fault the hotel at all, very clean throughout - the rooms, the pool, sun-loungers always available (free fluffy towel included), pretty quiet / chilled during the day - it's not that far from where the Skankeys & Formentera boat parties leave from so there's the occasional bit of 'noise' but personally I liked it. Excellent air con in the room, which might seem like a random thing to put on here but after dancing our a$$es/feet off for 7-8+ hours a night coming back in a sweaty mess and walking in to a wonderfully freezing cold room was utter bliss (made an error one night and forgot to leave a key in the bit that activated the air con resulting in a humid room upon arrival - NOT GOOD!). I'd say the hotel is right at the end of 'PDB', just a few minutes walk to Figuretas so not too far in the taxi for Pacha - less than €10. Most days we walked in to PDB, about 20 mins walk. **I was never on my own so it wasn't a problem, but if you are on your own I'd suggest get a taxi (if late at night) there was a few dodgers going about but didn't give us any trouble**

Club nights visited:
Okay so we crammed a LOT in to the short week - 11 events/clubs in 7 days, I didn't think I had it in me but who knew!?!....
Wednesday - Underground (stayed for no more than an hour though so can't really give a good review of this....Damn you Black Patron!!)
Thursday - Luciano @ Destino, then Cream 21st Birthday Party @ Amnesia
Friday - Radio 1 @ Ushuaia, then Insane @ Pacha
Saturday - Creamfields @ Ushuaia, Radio 1 @ Sunset Strip then Paris by Night @ Pacha
Sunday - Radio 1 @ Ibiza Rocks, then Vagabundos @ Space
Monday - Circo Loco @ DC10
Tuesday - Together/Defected @ Amnesia
I wouldn't recommend doing this every year, next year we'll leave out DC10 o_O lol

Best night:
Too close to call if I'm honest, HOWEVER it's a tie between Insane and Vagabundos, Insane probably pips it (IMO) mainly due to meeting the FANTASTIC Dennis Ferrer :D.... what a great guy! I've been a fan for some time, and exchange frequent comments / likes etc on Social Media - for him to know who I was when we met was a highlight for me (I know pretty sad but 'hey hey' I don't care!), On the flip side of that I was surprised at the 'up his own ar$e' attitude that Pete Tong had....I know these guys are busy and have seen / heard it all a million times before but he barely mustered up a smile for anyone that wasn't part of his 'ar$e kissing entourage' ; poor show Pete, legend he may be but went down massively in my perception of him being a nice guy.

Vagabundos (for me) was amazing, the music and the atmosphere was fantastic from the minute we arrived until leaving. I don't think my feet / arms stopped moving the entire time! I like how they dressed / decorated the place, not so keen on the clowns on stilts though.... freaky as hell when one of them just appears in front of your wasted face :eek:. I can't remember who was on when we arrived (about 2am) but were pretty good, Luciano was then on from 3am and was still going strong when we left (grudgingly) some time around 5.30-45. If I'm honest I wasn't sure if I was going to like this night, or even go - however I'd booked early bird tickets via spotlight with the plan of going to Destino on the Thursday and if that was enough Luciano we'd cancel the Vagabundos tickets and go to Amnesia for Dimitri Vegas instead. SO GLAD we stuck with Vagabundos :)

Worst night :
I'll get crucified for this, but DC10 was my least favourite night....the early part of the evening was good (from 8.30pm-midnight) had a great time but after that the place was just too busy to enjoy it, I was literally trampled on constantly - I swear my shoe size has gone up a whole size from being constantly stood on:mad:! At one point I sat outside for a bit of air, which was just as warm & humid as inside if I'm honest...was sat yapping to my friend for a good half hour and when got up had about 20 cig ends and an empty coke bag attached to my legs...not cool! Have to give credit for the efficiency of getting taxi when we did eventually decide to leave (about 4.30am!) the queue was massive but it moved really quickly. I'm afraid that's the only positive point I have for DC10!

Best bar:
It's going to take one helluva place to beat my all time favourite ; Café Mambo, this place can do no wrong in my eyes and this opinion hasn't changed in years! We booked VIP table for our first night (sounds pretentious but the only stipulation is €100 spend per person, given that daiquiris are €18 we knew this wouldn't be a problem), we were given best table in the house - right under the DJ 'window' and what a night we had! Martin Solveig and Laidback Luke were the Pacha pre-party treat~ Laidback Luke being the better of the two IMO..unfortunately this was also the night of being gifted several shots of black patron - it's not big nor clever to drink with the big boys....puking this black coffee liquid over my BFFs feet later that night was not my finest moment! :eek:

Best place to eat:
Eating is cheating!!! ;)

Money spent:

For the week probably about £1k, not including the price of hotel of flights - we'd also bought most of our club tickets before heading over (via Spotlight). We averaged +€100 every night just on h2o for 2 people, ridiculous when you think about it! Drinks are expensive, however there are sometimes advance drinks vouchers that can be bought - Destino does 10 x drinks vouchers for €100, at €10 a drink this is a no brainer....very generous pours too, must be at least the equivalent of a double if not more!

Biggest regret:

Wearing my beloved sunglasses to Cream 21st birthday party, they didn't make it home with me :mad::mad: I also regret booking the return flight home, I've had the post holiday blues worse than any other year this time. Wishing every day that I was back there. I've not been able to watch any more than the first 5 minutes of the Radio 1 highlights on the red button / iplayer, it's too soon.....and hopefully by the time I'm ready to face it it'll have expired so I don't have to torture myself!!
I also very nearly didn't make it in to Ushuaia for the Radio 1 thing on the Friday, long story but managed to get guest wristbands (don't ask) and blagged our way in with no issues - decided that rather than my tickets going to waste I'd gift them to the couple we'd met the night before so phones them and met outside to hand over said tickets only to be challenged on my return - the flash of the guest wristband didn't cut it this time and I was swiftly ejected!! Sitting on the wall outside wishing I'd just went in with my actual tickets (now in the hands of random strangers!) I felt like a right idiot....bottom line is I did eventually get back in but this very nearly ruined my night!!

Going back?: ABSOFCUKENLUTELY:D My first ever holiday to Ibiza was back in 1997, loved it then but nowhere near as much as I love it now. I'll be like the little old lady in the film Studio54 (disco dotty) and will hopefully see out my days on one of the dancefloors on the White Isle. Next year's pilgrimage is already in discussion, just deciding whether to do the Radio 1 weekend again or opt for a different time in the season...or BOTH!

PART TWO - exceeded the 10000 characters in the previous one, so have to finish it in this post!

Highlights :

Soooo many to mention, but one that stands out (and has been mentioned in some other reviews) is meeting fellow Spotlighters - shout out to Big Wox and Jake :), there were a few others I was going to try to say hello to but didn't quite manage. I knew I'd get on with both of these guys as we'd exchanged messages before our trip but if you get the chance to arrange this during your trip deffo do it, it really is cool to get the chance to hang out and enjoy the same nights with like minded people! See you's next year :cool:

Being in a taxi and it smashing in to the door of another taxi...the scenes of sheer confusion and WTF that followed still makes me laugh when I think about it now! Unfortunately the taxi drama made us miss out on the sunset across at Mambo BUT it was still funny as fcuk!

Top tips:

• WATER......Remember to stay hydrated - when out AND when recovering the next day, I must've drank on average 5 litres of water a day - not kidding! As you can see we squeezed a LOT in to the week, most days hitting something during the day and then following it up with a club later. First couple of nights got so pi$$ed and didn't know if I'd manage the full 7 day/night plan that we had in place. Alternative refreshment plan was activated pretty swiftly ;)
  • Keep some room for spontaneous options, we already had a packed agenda but still managed to exceed that when meeting up with new people and joining them on their adventures!
  • Talk to people on here beforehand, I've made a few pals on here (met a couple as above) but hope over the years t the chance to meet more. This forum has MANY great people, with loads of years of first hand experiences to share....and are often ready to wind you up in a heartbeat - thanks ROSS for giving me the unfair label of Cougar which seems to be sticking o_O:mad:!!
  • Go with like minded friends, you don't have to be in to the exact same music or clubs but it'll totally kill your buzz if you're having to miss out on what you've been looking forward to - sometimes less is more, and by that I mean less mates - I went with 6 of us a few years ago and keeping everyone happy was a bit of a faff, now just me and my BFF and she lets me have free reign on setting the plan...perfect! I've yet to disappoint her too :)
  • ENJOY every single minute of your time there.....you only get one life and you don't want to be sat in that nursing home in years to come wishing that you'd done more with your life. Ibiza doesn't judge you!!
  • Buy your tickets in advance from Spotlight, we saved a bit of money but more importantly the hassle of having to get tickets beforehand!
  • FOR GIRLS....don't bother wasting time drying your hair and making it all pretty, you just end up tying it up anyway!! I learned this lesson after the first night! Rest of the week I just tied it up all the time o_O
If you're still reading now, well done! I hope I've not bored you too much and have made you chuckle occasionally. This year was a big year, a lot was crammed in to a week and if I'm honest I'm still struggling to sleep properly now ! But can't wait to get back on that plane :D. For those of you still to get your 2015 Ibiza fix - I'm well jell, for those of you that have like me had your fix...I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

Last edited:
nice review! How did you manage to make 750euro last a week and 7 club events?! Im not knocking it, great if you can ! Surely the tickets cost a few hundred euro?
750 euros would last me a few days

Haha well we were quite lucky in a few senses. The R1 event obv didn't cost us anything and we got into Sankeys with a free wristband after on that night too, so Friday was a total freebie. We had already paid for Creamfields tickets before we flew out so that didn't come out of the spending money fund, and even when we went to Eden, that was only because it was a freebie event at about 5am when nowhere else was open.

The only events we paid for out there were Aoki's Playhouse, Avicii, and Axwell^Ingrosso, but considering we sold 4 x spare R1 tickets for 200 a pop, and I flogged my R1 at Ibiza Rocks tickeyts for 40 each (2 of them), that 880 fund pretty much paid for the club tickets for those three nights for me and all the boys, so the 750 was left over for drinks - considering we were all inclusive at the hotel, more than 100 per night was more than enough tbh - We were mainly on the water anyway tbh ;)

told you already that I was suffering BIG TIME, but yet you ignored my advice to miss your flight home!! I thought it was about time to get my review done, especially since you were able to get it done! I tried a couple of times and gave up - it was too emosh!!

So you need to hurry up and get your living in Ibiza plan in action, if there's a decent job in it for me then i'll be there!! I'll obviously look after the older crowd ;)

• Talk to people on here beforehand, I've made a few pals on here (met a couple as above) but hope over the years t the chance to meet more. This forum has MANY great people, with loads of years of first hand experiences to share....and are often ready to wind you up in a heartbeat - thanks ROSS for giving me the unfair label of Cougar which seems to be sticking o_O:mad:!!

Soz :p

Enjoyed reading these.

Yes I made a few 'fleeting appearances' - such was the demand that I had placed on my time. So many people...so little time ...;)

that was a nice and very funny review.

lol

cougar!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading about the post-Ibiza blues is so spot on..I remember the bus back to the airport...seeing those awesome mountains and sign posts roll past me were a drag and I think I was literally crying on my second transfer flight back from Dusseldorf to North America as I knew I was finally leaving Europe and Ibiza behind...

2 trips for me next Year Space opening as it might be the last and the Clockwork Orange Weekend. Was at Es Paradis this Year and it was special but missed out on Nassau Tanit as we flew back that Day!

Yes, I'm not ashamed to omit I was crying in the taxi on the way to the airport again. Not helped my having zero sleep pretty much the whole time I was out here and dealing with various personal issues....

Already planning another trip in two weeks time. I have a brief window of time in a busy work schedule and I can fit this in whilst the season is still going. Don't want to go solo this time though, so the battle is on to find someone to travel out with me last min!

Dan

:eek: We found one (!!!) So you hit all three underground tech parties at Amnesia in a week. Well done you! :D So perhaps you can clear up our long-running Hyte vs Cocoon vs Music On debate on these forums.

All parties are similar in most respects but differ slightly in others. First off, to me Marco is right now the best DJ playing ..his selection and mixing is really spotless. The atmosphere is magical, like your part of one of those parties that you watch on youtube wishing you were there. They also let Music On go well into the morning. The other two parties ended at 7 and everyone was basically ushered out. Music On was packed to the gills, Cocoon 2nd with this regard and Hyte last. My Cocoon night featured Ricardo and Sonia Moonbear. Being from America, we do not see Ricardo unless you leave the country with the exception of 5 years ago in Detroit. I was in a group of 10 and only 4 had the energy to go see him, we got there at 3 am right at the beginning. He played Floorplan Baby Baby followed by the Donna Summer Danny Howells remix..the room was turned out. At the end of the night the other three all agreed that Ricardo might have played the best set musically. Hyte was the last club night of my stayed, we got a VIP table so off the bat it was a diff. amnesia experience... Dice was spinning very heavy and percussive techno, a lil noisey for my taste. The club was noticeably less packed than the other two nights, with most of the area behind the stage in the middle empty by 6ish. If there was one club I had to visit three times in my week there it would be Amnesia no question...

Back