Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2015

Dates you were there: 14 to the 23rd of July (20th Visit)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa d’en Bossa Torre del Mar

Club nights visited: Departures Ushuaia, Rumours @ Beach House, Viva Warriors @ Sankeys, Carl Cox @space & Ibiza Rocks Libertines

Best night:Music Wise got to be Carl Cox & Marco Carola but atmosphere (well unpredictable) The libertines, glad I was in the VIP area, PD, guitars, mic stands & water melons being thrown into the mosh pit!!

Worst night: Departures Ushuaia, music was pretty bad & was very quiet, must have been half full to be honest

Best bar: Tantra

Best place to eat: Mumak, the jerk salmon with mango was one of the best meals ive had in ibiza

Money spent: 24000 on flights/hotel + 1500 spending money

Biggest regret: Missing Solomun + LIVE @ Destino (flying out that day)...always next year

Going back?:Will do the closing parties next year (Oct)

Top tip: Not a major gripe but was given Russian currency mixed in with euro notes @ some bars a few times, they look like a 2 euro coin...Although I didn't see any trouble but was speaking to a bar rep in San An before Ibiza rocks, she was saying there had been 4 stabbings in west end & is rife with muggings this year, so be careful & always go home in numbers

Dates you were there: July 6-9

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Simbad, Talamanca. Great location, further away from PDB...A little quieter that I would have liked, but the accommodations were excellent. The breakfast in the hotel was an added perk. Inconvenient location for Disco Bus & public transportation.

Club nights visited: Cocoon @ Amnesia, Wild Life @ IMS Dalt Vila, Carl Cox Opening @ Space, Axwell^Ingrosso @ Ushuaia, My House @ Pacha

Best night: Wild Life @ IMS Dalt Vila

Worst night: Carl Cox opening.

Cocoon – The atmosphere was unmatched during our trip. The sound was probably the best. Mano Le Tough killed.

IMS Dalt Vila – If you can make a show here, I’d suggest it. More of a concert experience than a club, but the curated line ups are stacked with talent. It was especially magical since it was Flume’s first time performing on Ibiza. Bicep was a great warm-up and Disclosure was on point.

Carl Cox @ Space – Since this was the opening & we entered around 1am, the energy was a little mixed. We missed Coxy’s first set and couldn’t maintain the energy until his second set. Adam Beyer b2b Ida Engberg was solid.

Axwell^Ingrosso @ Ushuaia – This club is pretty breathtaking in the production value. However, the sound was awfully quiet. It also seemed fairly empty. However, I’d never seen any of the SHM Dj’s so it was a must-go. I enjoyed dancing in the pool towards the back, thanks Ibiza Spotlight for the tips!

My House @ Pacha – Blonde, A-Trak and Martin Solveig. Visiting Pacha lived up to the hype. All the Djs surpassed my expectations.

Best place to eat: Can Den Parra – little restaurant in Ibiza town. The steak stuffed with goat cheese!

Underwhelming restaurant: Sa Punta for lunch. It was overhyped & the service was sub-par.

Money spent: 600 euro hotel, 250 club tickets, 400+ food/drink, 150 taxis, 100 etc.

Regret(s): Leaving Amnesia 30 minutes into Sven Vath –my body couldn’t take the jet-lag, time change & adjusting to late nightlife. Missing Guy Gerber. Leaving Space early. Choosing sleep in Formentera over Cocoon @ Tipic.

Going back?: Absolutely in 2016—Ibiza is a long flight from San Francisco, so I’m beginning to save already. Will likely stay a full week so we can be more choosey about the parties/clubs to attend and to see more of the island.

Top tip: Go with the flow. Buy tickets when you are there, unless there are a few nights you are convinced will sell out (ie. Avicii, David Guetta). Since this was my first trip to the island, I wanted to hit every club. However, my body couldn’t keep up due to jet lag and a poor sleep schedule. Also, show up around 2am. Cocoon didn’t jump-off until around 3am. Even though early July is technically high-season, it didn’t seem overcrowded.

Wow, two reviews in a row saying how Departures was quiet?? Axwell and Ingrosso don't have that pull anymore?? Don't these EDM fans respect the originators of this damn movement??

I totally get the poor sleep schedule. It was my first trip too and I went out every night...I had to as I had been hearing about these clubs forever now.

Nope, Cream was 70 euros as opposed to 50. Bought on here...not sure how easy it is to buy vip on the island. It's not a vip table or anything really fancy, just access to the balcony in both rooms, your own entrance and a couple of (really expensive!) bars.

I took an Ibiza virgin and was worried about how packed it was going to be downstairs, so bought the vip as a precaution...best decision ever...at one point we were able to look down directly onto the dj in the terrace, saw Prydz in action...not sure Guetta or Avicci would have been so accommodating! Would probably have had screens up... ;)

Dates you were there:24th - 31st July (just back)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):Sol Bahia Calo Gracio - quiet enough hotel only a few minutes stroll from the sunset strip but still far away from the madness, really nice place and staff.

Club nights visited: Clockwork Orange 21st anniversary @ Es Paradis and the Clockwork Orange party @ Nassau Tanit Beach on the Sunday.
DJ Harvey @ Pikes - Rudimental @ Ibiza Rocks - Circue De La Nuit boat party

Best night: Clockwork Orange @ Es Paradis and the party @ Nassua Tanit beach on the Sunday were both absolutely amazing, dance music and younger clubbers thesedays will unfortunately never know how amazing the scene was back in the day and will never experience the sheer joy and ecstasy of the original club / rave scene, it takes a club full of people ranging from 30 up to late 50's (a smattering of younger clubbers present) to create what was a stunning night of vintage house music with an atmosphere unrivalled anywhere, the party @ Nassua tanit beach on Sunday was equally as good if not better,happy smiling people all around, no posers or anything everyone just dancing and enjoying the classic house sounds,it was magical.

DJ Harvey was very good his vast and varied tune selection was top class, i absolutely love Pikes, so quirky and cool, the restaurant was booked up but credit to the guy we spoke to even at 11.30pm he ensured we got some tapas.

I was also impressed with the Circue De La Nuit boat party, booked this in January for €39 and well worth the money for what you get, nice international crowd up for a good time on the high seas.

Worst night:Wasn't necessarily a bad night but Rudimental are not really my cup of tea but they do put on a good live show and the crowd obviously loved it, my missus was delighted Ed Sheeran came out and sang one tune (we got in for free so that was cool, very young mostly English crowd @ Ibiza Rocks, really well laid out place though, the queues for drinks were horrendous too that was a pain)

Best bar: Golden Buddda is a smashing place, lovely cocktails and food and very comfortable chairs, Kasbah, Kanya,Palm Beach and Mint Bar too all deserve a mention and of course the wonderful Mambo but it's far too expensive to go there for thr sunset, just sit on the wooden benches with some canas.

Best place to eat:Again the best food i had was in Golden Buddha, very fresh and big portions and not too expensive either, also a little place to the back of Golden Buddha was quite nice as well, i wasn't overly impressed with Bella Napoli in PDB to be honest.

Money spent:€715 for hotel between 2 .....€200 for flight and about €800 spending money

Biggest regret: So litle time and so much to do and whilst i wouldn't be int clubbing every night at my age i would have liked to have gone to 1 or 2 nights @ Space , DC10 and Amnesia and visited a lot more places but theres always another time.

Going back?: Yes indeed ive been several times and didnt go for a few years and whilst there's a lot of rubbish music about (EDM) and much more teenagers thesedays , Ibiza is still a unique place and im gutted being back to home after such a superb time, my missus first time and she loved it and cant wait to go back.

Top tip: stating the obvious but the heat was humidity was intense so drink lots of water,pile on sunscream, take breaks from walking, avoid taxis from San An to PDB and just get the bus,source out local cafes where the food is going to be cheaper,

Dates you were there: 25th June - 7th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Friends apartment San Carles

Club nights visited: Destino 2nd Bday, Fiesta Del Agua @ Es Paradis, Matinee, Sankeys Viva Warriors and Circo loco @ DC10

Best night: Destino for sure...Solomun was awesome as always

Worst night: The night i stayed in and puked after getting too drunk on a daytime boat party :)

Best bar: The Box

Best place to eat: Argentinian place just down from Sankeys...unreal Steak

Money spent: Too much (1000 euro ish)

Biggest regret: Not asking one of the Pacha parade girls for her number

Going back?: Hell yeah

Top tip: CDLN boat party. Done a few of these before, but this was by far the best. Included the water party and Sankeys for free :)

Nope, Cream was 70 euros as opposed to 50. Bought on here...not sure how easy it is to buy vip on the island. It's not a vip table or anything really fancy, just access to the balcony in both rooms, your own entrance and a couple of (really expensive!) bars.

Not to forget the female/male SHARED restrooms with even (in the sense of flat) toilet lids. So many options!!! :rolleyes:

:)
Best night: Clockwork Orange @ Es Paradis and the party @ Nassua Tanit beach on the Sunday were both absolutely amazing, dance music and younger clubbers thesedays will unfortunately never know how amazing the scene was back in the day and will never experience the sheer joy and ecstasy of the original club / rave scene, it takes a club full of people ranging from 30 up to late 50's (a smattering of younger clubbers present) to create what was a stunning night of vintage house music with an atmosphere unrivalled anywhere ...
... Ibiza is still a unique place and im gutted being back to home after such a superb time, my missus first time and she loved it and cant wait to go back ...
:cool:

Dates you were there: 26th July- 3rd August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bella Mar (San An), Bon Sol Prestige (Bossa)

Club nights visited: Smash the house, Full on, Departures, Cream, Radio 1 (Ushuaia), Creamfields

Best night: Full on because of the New World Punx set (Space itself was dead that night). PvD and PureNRG were good in the main room at Cream. Prodigy put on a great show at Creamfields.

Worst night: Smash the house. Hated the EDM set (got dragged there) they all played. Also annoyed how Ushuaia was closed off from 9pm (due to hitting capacity) at Creamfields meaning I missed above and beyond. As people have said above Departures was pretty dead but still decent.

Best bar: Didn't go to any this time.

Best place to eat: Food at the restaurant below Bon Sol was good.

Money spent: Around 1200 euro

Biggest regret: Going to smash the house instead of Solomun. Missing Eric Prydz each one of the three(?) times he played that week.

Going back?: Yes as always!

Top tip: We hired a boat through Ibiza Nautical to take us round the island. Reasonably priced if split between a group of 6+. Great day cliff diving and seeing the island.

It didn't seem particularly overcrowded compared to other times I've been over - we walked down from the VIP into the main area at Cream with relative ease. Maybe because of the increased competition between clubs? Also didn't have any issues getting a taxi at any point this year.

Best night: Full on because of the New World Punx set (Space itself was dead that night).

Was this before or after they cut all the lineups/rooms down for this club night? Got this night planned for our 2nd last night in September for New World Punx being the exact reason I booked :rolleyes:

It was last Monday - NWP played 2.5 hours so it was a decent length of set. Only two rooms open (main room closed) so I assume it was after the rooms were cut down. The full on room was busy enough up until 5am when NWP finished. Space closed around 30 mins after that because it emptied out. I would say go for it, they put on a good show.

Dates you were there: 24th July - 3rd August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Arenal - San An Bay 6 nights, Algarb PDB 4 nights

Club nights visited: Ushuaia on Friday for R1, Sunset Strip on Saturday for R1 then PDB for a few drinks then headed to Pure Pacha, Sunday Ibiza Rocks for R1 then Space afterwards (Luciano).

Best night: Close one as they were all good - Friday was the best R1 night, Saturday the best overall day ;) and Sunday the best Club night at Space.

Worst night: First night back home. No bad nights at all. Quietest night was first night in PDB, sat and had a few drinks - with hindsight wish I had gone to Cream.

Best bar: Visited Itaca a few times - really enjoyed it. Reasonable drinks offers. Good music. Sitting at the bar on the back road the music was pounding - too loud for my wife who was grouching but that made me sit there all the more drinking slowly. Can't remember most of the bars we went to in PDB - 21 I think was one, also visited the one directly opposite the dodgems? XOYO was ok too - see below.

Best place to eat:

Hotel was half board - excellent service and food so ate there. Last 4 days my eating went as follows: Day 1 check in 1pm - waiting for my mate to arrive later in today and not meeting up with other friends until Friday so wandered across to a supermarket and bought, one small pack of Oreo cookies, one small pack cold meat, one bottle of wine and one large bottle of water. Knocked them off fairly sharpish, didn't have anything else until the following tea time (Friday) - had a chicken burger. Had a chicken burger Saturday too and two slices of Pizza on Sunday in XOYO (which as a bar was actually quite good although the barman wasn't the quickest in understanding a fairly simple order).

Money spent: Including flights and accommodation for family and then me traveling solo, tickets, drink etc. - probably between £3/4 grand all in (including 15 euros on food the last 4 days)... possibly more.

Biggest regret: Missed Cream and didn't make Insane at Pacha on the Friday as was done in after Ushuaia. Wardrobe malfunction twice - wore clothes/shirts that were far too warm and ended up sweating buckets. More thin cheap t-shirts required for next time.

Going back?: OBVS!;)

Top tip:

Do everything you can when you can in life ;) - especially in Ibiza - plenty time to have regrets when you are old.

As above - take loads of thin t-shirts - especially if going July/August - was much hotter than I had assumed would be - even in the evening (up on the Pacha rooftop terrace was still close to unbearable at 4am!)

Be polite but firm with sellers - they won't give you any grief. Don't shake hands with the women who say "ah Scotland Dundee" and put their hands out to shake as they will try and stick a bracelet or band on you. Again a firm decline and keep walking and there is no issue.

It's a great walk round the bay past the Hawaii etc. Pop your head over the THB Ocean Beach Club wall - loads of posers (hence I'd have been straight in if the family were not with me at that point) in there but all looked to be having a great time. We could hear the music pounding in our hotel all day and we were a good 1/4-1/2 mile away.

Weirdest Moment: In a taxi with friends in PDB going to Mambo on Saturday night, in it for two seconds when another taxi parked at side of road has the door flung open by a daft lassie. Taxi bangs straight into it crumpling the door. Couldn't make it up! What followed next was farcical - sitting in our taxi whilst the two drivers assessed the damage of the other car, lots of head scratching going on etc. and trying close the crumpled, buckled door! Only in Ibiza.

Was this before or after they cut all the lineups/rooms down for this club night? Got this night planned for our 2nd last night in September for New World Punx being the exact reason I booked :rolleyes:
why did they cut the lineups? just noticed that John O'Callaghan is missing from the day i wanted to go qq

because the night's not doing that well and so they had to cut down on costs. with only one proper floor it's better now.

Dates you were there: 24th July - 3rd August

Weirdest Moment: In a taxi with friends in PDB going to Mambo on Saturday night, in it for two seconds when another taxi parked at side of road has the door flung open by a daft lassie. Taxi bangs straight into it crumpling the door. Couldn't make it up! What followed next was farcical - sitting in our taxi whilst the two drivers assessed the damage of the other car, lots of head scratching going on etc. and trying close the crumpled, buckled door! Only in Ibiza.

I'm pretty sure we saw this taxi later in the week, taped shut with gaffer tape...unless this is a regular occurrence!! Drivers certainly didn't seem too shocked by it at the time, laughed about this for days :D

Haha too funny! Taxi driver was still scratching his head and mumbling away he forgot to hit the start fare button until halfway to San An lol haha classic!

Back