Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2015

Dates you were there: 22nd to 28th of June 2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): In an apartment in Roca Llisa (between Ibiza Town and Santa Eulalia)

Club nights visited: CircoLoco @ DC10, La Familia @ Ushuaïa, HYTE @ Amnesia, Glitterbox @ Space, ONE (Be-at.tv & Ibiza Sonica party) @ Ibiza Town Old Port, Matinee @ Amnesia

Best night: ONE. And the cheapest one as well! Free entrance and you could bring your own booze! Some of my fave dj’s for free: Guy Gerber, Matthias Tanzmann, Nic Fanciulli... The best setting: the old port, next to a huge old sailing boat, a magic sunset. Amazing visuals, top notch sound, beautiful performances (giant seagull-shaped air balloons, big inflatable horses, acrobats…), great crowd. I get goosebumps just remembering it!

Worst night: Glitterbox @ Space. What a disappointment!

The room: the party only took place in the so-called Terrace room (I don’t get why they keep on calling it a terrace!!!). Huge disco balls but unimpressive projections on the rocky wall behind the dj (they really should invest in some decent screen).

The crowd: mostly tourists, some annoying drunk blokes, Indian bros flaunting giant bottles of Belvedere in the VIP area (I so miss the time when Space had no VIP – greed is slowly killing the original spirit) and a dozen people who made the effort of applying some glitter on their face.

The show: the same 4 go-go dancers were performing the entire night (one single outfit, one single choreography… obviously they hadn’t been briefed about the music).

The music: I arrived around 2am so I could just ‘enjoy’ the last 30 minutes of Todd Terry’s set - an uninspired medley of house classics. TT was looking extremely bored as if he was playing that mix for the 1264th time (which was probably the case). Breakbot’s set was uneven to say the least. A few sparkles but many dull moments and irrelevant tracks as well. The dancefloor was half empty at 4:30. After that, Smokin’ Jo tried to fix things but it was too late. She started with a few effective house tracks but quickly gave up and unexpectedly left the dj booth. She eventually came back and stopped her set at 5:55 (the party was supposed to end at 6:30).

Conclusion: one of the most underwhelming party experiences on the island

Best bar: this year, my best cocktail was at Experimental Beach (Cap d’Es Falco)

Best place to eat: this year, my best meal was at El Chiringuito (playa Es Cavallet)

Money spent: way too much. I will never get used to paying 18€ a G&T

Biggest regret: having gone to Glitterbox instead of Music On on Friday / having missed Rumours party and La Troya on Sunday

Going back?: in September hopefully

Top tip: don’t stay in San An nor PDB. Eat in the countryside restaurants … which I didn’t do this year :(

Dates you were there: 21st to 25th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): The Beach Star Ibiza, Cala Xinco (Cala de Bou)

Club nights visited: Viva Warrios @ Sankeys, Circololo @ DC10

Best night: Circoloco @ DC10. Overall when they get it right it's a really great party.

Worst night: Didn’t really have one. Do find the area around Sankeys and PDB in general increasingly seedy. Probably always was and maybe just getting less tolerant with age but definitely always glad to skidaddle out of there immediately as soon as I leave a club.

Best bar: Didn’t really do too many bars this trip but had a nice cocktail at Blue Marlin. Don't know what all the fuss is about on their prices - 15Euros is standard for a cocktail in a fancy bar. Best drink was a non-alcoholic cocktail at Kumharas. Very refreshing :cool:.

Best place to eat: El Bigotes @ Cala Mastella. Still great, true authentic local food... and the Cafe Calheta was a touch :D.

Money spent: about 1350 Euros on top of flights and hotels. A good chunk of that on charter boat & fuel.

Biggest regret: I never really regret much on my trips ;). Could have done more (and usually do) but didn't do too badly nonetheless. was trying to relax and come down off an incredibly stressful year working stupid hours every day of the week for many months. Actually glad I didn't do more clubs - it is so tempting but you get back from your trip so trashed even if you keep up the momentum whilst you're out there. It's the stuff you do away from the dancefloor which really stays with you when you leave and being rested in the daytime lets you take full advantage of that.

Going Back?: Likely I'd say, eh? ;)

Top tips: If you can bear to part with the cash (and in High Season it's a lot unless you share it with loads of people), get an earlyish night and charter a decent powerboat for a full day. I've never regretted doing this and always have a great time. Just remember bigger isn't always better - the bigger they are the harder it is to find somewhere to anchor them legally and the further away you wind up from some beaches and coves because the hulls are usually deeper. Plus the bigger they are the more fuel they burn. A really good sports powerboat for 3-4 people comfortably (i.e. up to 12 capacity on the specs) probably burns about 50-60L fuel/hour and you can do pretty much everything / go anywhere in it. A fancier slightly faster one with an internal cabin etc. ups that easily to 100L/hr That's about £100-£130 extra fuel on an average day trip. My general rule is get the smallest you need for what you want to do and where you want to go. Unless you want to spend the whole day sat on the boat looking at the coastline from a distance. Which I guess you might :lol: !

Have a go at flyboarding if you get the chance. Great fun and well worth the money. You'll likely want to go back again and again, and let's face it will probably spend at least the cost on an average night in a big club. Just a few less drinks or doing without one gram of coke and you've covered it. You'll feel envigorated and remember it long after you get home.

If you're reasonably fit, ditch the car and get off the beaten track on foot. You see so much more and discover amazingly beautiful places everywhere. The further you're willing to clamber from the beach, the more peaceful and serene it all becomes. OK, every accessible cove in Ibiza, however remote, has at least 2 boats in it in high Summer, but there are still shallow coves where boats cannot get to and if you're willing to make the effort (and take basic supplies like water/DRINKS in a rucksack) you can still find your own special spot. Apart from Salinas/Aigues Blanques, clothing is optional in remoter spots on the coast pretty much anywhere on the island away from the main family beaches any time of the year, so feel free to hang free. Nothing quite like a few hours of it really to remind you what it's like to be without a care in the world :cool:.

Last edited:
Dates Stayed: June 16th- June 25th

Where you stayed:
Hotel Envisa Es Pla, San Antonio

Clubs Visited: Insane, Solomun + 1 @ Pacha; Defected/Together, Cocoon, Hyte @ Amnesia; La Familia, ANTS @ Ushuaia ; We Love Sankeys, Tribal Sessions @ Sankeys, (catching breath) Circo Loco @ DC-10, El Row @ Space

Best Nights: That I can remember anyways, by default Together/Defected at Amnesia since it was my first night there, after I'd say Circo Loco and Cocoon combo were pretty good

Worst Night: Not really a night, but I'd say Ants. Asides from DJ Sneak, Tapesh and Kolsch played what I feared which were go nowhere tech house sets. Also it was the busiest event from all the events I went to and you could only dance comfortabley on the sides. I did like the wading pool thingy at the start and how the party moves to the stage after.

Best Bar: Did Cafe Del Mar, Cafe Mambo, some random ones in Eivissa Town. I like the ones in Eivissa Town, they were pretty quiet and less touristy and it was nice to talk to Spanish people. But Cafe del Mar and Mambo...you can't beat the preparties and sunsets there. They were all good in their own ways

Best place to eat: Didn't go out too much too eat, but I liked this paella resto on the walking way from Space to Sankeys. Staff was really nice, and paella was good

Money Spent: $1500 CDN on hotel, flight, and taxes. Around $500 CDN on club tix. I took another $2100 CDN in spending money which equalled about 1500 Euros roughly. I would have spent at least 300 euros more if my wallet didn't get stolen.

Biggest regret: Going out too much!! Look at my club nights!! LOL. I was unable to do much during the day. I REALLY wanted to go to Formentera and visit more beaches but it was impossible. I regret not seeing the natural stuff and just chilling at my hotel pool. Also, my phone screwed up 2 days into my trip, possiblly because i was drunk coming back from Sankeys and dropped it hard on the concrete and the power button screwed up. Also, my wallet getting stolen by some savvy pickpocketers in the middle of my trip which made me go into budget mode.

Going back? Yes, I WANT to go back in September...the prices become reasonable again. I feel i have unfinished business in Ibiza, as i wasn't able to explore more beaches, and because of my phone and wallet issues. But I basically have no vacation days left. I hate my job and a part of me wants to be reckless and quit and go....I've never felt this way after vacation before. I think even if I didn't have phone and wallet issues I'd still wanna go back.

Top Tips: There is no need to buy tickets for events beforehand on this website (sorry) as the prices and availablitly is the exact same on the island. There's ticket sellers everywhere and you could help them out by buying your stuff there, (no offense Ibiza Spotlight!). This way you can also determine if you'll still be alive for the party the next day
-DON'T GO TO EVERY PARTY! Unless you don't care about the beaches and culture, I would purposefully leave some gap days in your holidays with no club events. I really regret missing out on Calla Salida, Calla Conta etc. I only went to two beaches...this truly is a beautiful island
-Be vigilant with your stuff at night. If you're going out partying, bring only spending cash and no cards. I don't know what to say about the phone, you wanna take pics and vids and get numbers and stuff but this is prime for theives. I would say the phone is your call, (no pun intended).
-Save cash and use the disco bus FFS. I balled out the first couple of nights with the taxi but you can save a lot with the bus system. it's realy efficient
-Asides from Sankeys one night and Space, no club checked ID with the internet ticket. With Space, I didn't have anything and I told her that, and she let me in anyway. With Sankeys, the photocopy of my passport was sufficient enough.
-This is an interesting one...I think all the talks about the water quality being low in the taps is a scam. I saw plenty of people refilling their water bottles in the bathrooms and I talked to people who said they never got sick by doing that. I was avoiding the water like the plague until my last few days there where I must have refilled a 330 ML bottle at least 4 times at Sankeys and Amnesia. The taste is not the same as fresh water but the difference is not that grand. I've been here in my country for 6 days now and i'm still fine.
- Watch out for any douchebags doing any kind of salsa moves with you in San Antonio or anywhere else. They're trying to take your shit from your pockets. It's annoying anyway. Do not let them near you. This is what happened with me. I was a bit drunk and I thought these guys were just being annoying but they ripped me off.

In conclusion, like the last 4 days of my trip i spent sleeping in and unable to enjoy the daytime. But I had to go to these events dammit...too many great DJs. I don't know what my condition would have been in July/August as there's even more events to choose from. But if it is your first time going, resist the temptation to party every night and take some off days. You can save cash this way too. But if you HAVE to go, then don't go hard. Take it easy on the booze and drugs.

Dates you were there: 21 - 28 June with the wife.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): figueretus, Ryan's apartments

Club nights visited: Together @ Amnesia; My House @ Pacha; ASOT @ Pacha; and Shelter @ Sankeys.

Best night: stuck between two - Gorgon City headlining Terrace @ Amnesia (superb atmosphere, met lots of cool folk and first big night out of the holiday); and Armen Van Buuren at Ushuaia (me and wife are approaching mid-30s. A trance night was something we had a think about - NEVER again shall I doubt the power of trance!!!).

Worst night: Sankeys - had a couple of great nights their in 2014 (eg blase boys club) but shelter was pretty quiet so we ended up leaving at 4am. Sound system is, however, amazing! The place literally bounces!!!

Best bar: Again, stuck between two. First was our own wee cool bag(!) which helped us regularly get through (bottle of vodka / wine / beers) on the beach. Second was bar in PDB at bottom of road where sankeys is, called "night". Cocktails were superb! 12 euros each, but 2-for-1 whenever we were in so all good!

Best place to eat: Yokubo, on beach at Fig. We are both love Thai and went back for lunch and dinner (on diff days obviously!). Lunch deal is 18 euro for 3 courses and dins was reasonably priced too.

Money spent: Around £2300 including flights and accommodation.

Biggest regret: should've went to Music On @ Amnesia on the Friday (the receptionist even told me to go and said I was making a mistake when I bought tickets for sankeys - doh!!!).

Going back?: does a bear shite in the woods? Going in sept for 4 nights. Looking forward to it massively!!

Top tip: buy a cool bag and take both bevy and lunch (sandwiches) to beach every day. Saves a small fortune and you'll avoid being overly hung up on £££ at night time.

Conclusion - had an amazing time. Will defo go back with Mrs but will try and plan things a wee bit better I.e stay a bit longer (10 days or thereabouts) and work out which nights to go to in advance. Then try and space them out so we alternate between big nights and 'normal' holiday nights. All good in theory!!

Dates you were there: 4th - 11th July so I'm still here(will update)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Marian San Antonio

Club nights visited:Zoo Project, Circo Loco, Together and Midnight(Eden)

Best night: Everyone who is a music purist like me will hate me for saying this, tonight(wednesday) I was planning on having a quiet night so went down to Cafe Mambo for sunset as a group of 8. Slowly but surely, leading up til 11 people from my group left 1 by 1 to go back to the hotel. Me and two others went down to itaca, where we had to go upstairs as it was busy. We ordered daiquiris and before they arrived a shot girl came and sat with us, who we ended up spending €160 on shots(she didnt con us). After that we were quite drunk, and so walked towards home. I kept hold of some wristbands from earlier in the day for Eden. As we got close I suggested we popped in for 1 or 2 drinks as it was free entry and one of our pals works there. I'll be honest, I thought it would be awful. We went in and the floor infront of the dj booth was full if nowhere else. The dj was playing some remixes of old rnb tunes eg, the fugees and I was actually enjoying myself. The tunes didn't come across as EDM as I know it, but sounded like the old bassline that got big up north a few years ago. When they did start playing actual EDM the we left. We left after about 3 hours with the club slowly growing short of punters. We took a stroll up the west end, had one drink in the tropi trance bar and then headed for our hotel. I work in sales and retail so hopefully some of the small but useful tips I gave the bar maid will make their way to the manager as I think that place could be a lot more fuller that it usually is whenever I walk past.

Worst night: Circo Loco - Very sad to say this as it has always been favourite night. Firstly one of our group of 8 wasn't allowed in which I can somewhat understand as he had flip flops on, but when we went in there was quite a few men wearing them(my mate is 41 and doesn't look dodgy). We got there later than planned and Margaret Dygas was playing the main room which I quite enjoyed. I saw a small bit of David Squillace on the terrace which again, I thought was ok. At 11:30 Martinez brothers were playing on the terrace and I have been waiting a longtime to see them play. I watched the first couple of tunes from about half way down but then I started to struggle with the crush and atmosphere so I left and went back to the main room. I was interested to see Damian Lazarus as I have never heard a set of his but knew he would play something a bit different. To be honest it wasn't my up of tea. I don't mind the hard and repetitive techno but I think the way the tunes were starting off beat and eventually coming together was putting me off. I've only ever been to Ibiza in September, so I've always seen a good crowd in DC10 who knew what the music was. A gang of about 5 lads came in and started dancing infront of me and my mates which if were anywhere other than Ibiza I wouldn't have taken notice of. They would spend 30 seconds dancing when the tune dropped and the rest of the time trying to intimidate the people around them. They were putting me right off my stride and I was starting to think about things too much rather than just dancing. Then I heard one of the chavs say to the other that I was dancing like a faggot. I was pretty pissed off then tbh, not because he called me a faggot but because in my experience in Cardiff the people who tend to go to house or techno events are usually gay an are always at decent parties, so I feel without them there wouldn't be any scene at all in Cardiff for techno and maybe house aswell. I've been going to DC10 for a couple of years and it has always been my favourite club. I spoke to a few workers after and they agreed that they don't enjoy it like they used to. So Circo Loco was a let down for me, music wise(I appreciate I stayed in the main room and may have enjoyed the terrace more) and disappointed with some of the idiots who were there who did even have the faintest clue about the music. Hopefully when I go back for closing in October I will rekindle my love and I know it will be busy.

Best bar: Itaca, not too expensive, decent daiquiris and good music

Best place to eat: Went to a Chinese restaurant in San An which was a couple of streets over from the main strip. Had a lovely chicken that seemed to be cooked fresh and the staff were top. It was near the ship, if anyone knows the name please update this.

Money spent: £2100 up til now including flight and hotel

Biggest regret: Going to Circo Loco instead of cocoon again, I can't do both in the same night lol

Going back?: i am taking my twin daughters who are six over in October to Cala Llonga, a quiet family holiday. I want to share this beautiful island with them and eventually get them into the music.

Top tip: As long as you eat right and drink water often you won't waste your time lying in bed with a headache. Do as much as you can

Conclusion - had some great nights and some poor ones but I won't let that affect what I do next time

Dates you were there: 23rd June - 30th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jet Apartments PDB

Club nights visited: Fuse @ Space, HYTE @ Amnesia, Zoo Project @ Benimussa Park, El Row @ Space, Viva Warriors @ Sankeys, Circo Loco @ DC10

Best night: HYTE @ Amnesia. Would give anything to relive this night.

Worst night: Viva Warriors @ Sankeys. Went in around 4am and left after about an hour as didn't enjoy the atmosphere at all.

Best bar: One just before Sankeys.

Best place to eat: Didn't eat out much got a chicken baguette most lunchtimes from a supermarket near the Hippy Market which was only €3.

Money spent: €800 + €245 for hotel + £189 flights.

Biggest regret: Missing tINI + the gang opening party at No Name.

Going back?: Looking at closings, if not definitely next year!

Top tip: Don't stay in bed all day. Take a trip to Lidl for cheap booze if looking to save money.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Bora Bora apartments PDB

Club nights visited:
Hardwell @ ushuaia
Armin @ ushuaia
Carl cox @ space
viva warriors @ sankeys
Connect boat party with jordan suckley

Best night: ARMIN the man is a legend. Amazing entrance and he put on a real show with his twisting dj booth in the middle of the pool. I found he really interacted with the crowd and played some amazing tracks. One bad point though people in ushuaia don't dance i find this a real ibiza vibe killer!

Worst night: Didn't really have one I would say the boat party but that was purely down to the 35oc heat making it impossible to party. I decided to stand back and just enjoy the music which was on top form. Respect to the connect people really keeping the real trance scene alive in ibiza.

Best bar: Bora bora you just cant beat the pre party atmosphere!

Best place to eat: sa clau Chinese above the fountain in san an also a little tapas bar behind it in the side streets is great too.

Money spent: 1750e which I could of spent more as I missed 1 club night. I did how ever eat a lot this trip and bought clothing and duty free. You can do it cheaper but on holiday I like to feel I can have a blow out

flights and hotel cost me £550

Biggest regret: booking a hotel that had gay pride parties on all week! I also regret going full out every night and out doing my self meaning loosing out on nights.

Going back?: Yes looking for a small trip near end of season

Top tip: Try do a club night your first night. This is when you have the most energy and you will enjoy it more. Also try have a night off to recover and rest this will make the next party better. Pointless standing in a club with no energy to dance

I cant actually believe I've been a member on here since 2003 and ive not posted on here since 2012 - a disgrace considering how much time I spend on this forum looking for information!! Anyway, first annual trip of 2015 went like this

Dates you were there: Fri 3 July to Sun 12 July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Gran Sol, San An.

Club nights visited: Ants (Ushuaia), Reverse (Sankeys), Cocoon (Amnesia), We Love / Sasha's Last Night on Earth (Sankeys), Insane (Pacha)

Best night:
Although Cocoon was, as always, pretty damn immense probably the one I enjoyed most was Ants / Reverse, probably because it was the first night and seemed to last forever going from about 6pm to daylight the next day. Atmosphere and crowd at Ants was great, not entirely sure I can provide a review for Reverse ;) but it was free - always a bonus.

Worst night: Im changing this to "surprisingly disappointing" - We Love / Last Night on Earth at Sankeys, never seen the place so empty, Sasha wasn't as outstanding as I know he can be, Kolsch was good... just all a bit "meh" in retrospection.

Best bar: None

Best place to eat: Really enjoyed a big steak at Grill Sant Antoni just down from the church, one of the nicest ive had tbh :)

Money spent: I am not even going to think about it, and im doing it all again in August :( / :)

Biggest regret: Not making it out for more nights, not seeing more daylight!

Going back?: Of course.

Top tip: Try to get up during the day so you don't come home paler than you went :D

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 8th to 15th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apartment in pdb, next to Tivoli

Club nights visited: Paradise@DC10, Cocoon@Tipic, El Row@Space, Solomun@Pacha, Cocoon@Amnesia

Best night: El Row@Space

Worst night: Friday (sleeping)

Best bar: Beachouse (with Karmon, Ost & Kjex, Phono and Adriatique for Diynamic Outdoor)

Best place to eat: Fish Shack / Balafia

Money spent: Still trying to discover

Biggest regret: No regrets :)

Going back?: Sure!

Top tip: Take one day for a boat party and one night to sleep

Dates you were there: 8th to 15th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apartment in pdb, next to Tivoli

Club nights visited: Paradise@DC10, Cocoon@Tipic, El Row@Space, Solomun@Pacha, Cocoon@Amnesia

Best night: El Row@Space

Worst night: Friday (sleeping)

Best bar: Beachouse (with Karmon, Ost & Kjex, Phono and Adriatique for Diynamic Outdoor)

Best place to eat: Fish Shack / Balafia

Money spent: Still trying to discover

Biggest regret: No regrets :)

Going back?: Sure!

Top tip: Take one day for a boat party and one night to sleep

You're a wealth of information big guy!

What boat party did you do?

@RosstheBossa Boat party was Ibiza Wonders, totally recommend it, good value for money! Includes free drinks and some food, a trip to Es Vedra, a stop to swim and sunset in an amazing location! Also, great atmosphere on the boat.
http://www.ibizawonders.com/

@icebaer69 about that Friday night... a whole day of beach in Formentera after Tipic is great, but it kills you! :)

Dates you were there: 7-21st July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Talamanca, Argos – a quieter & refreshing change from PDB which I didn’t miss. Was a novelty being able to walk home from Pacha. Use the water taxi from across the road from Corso – runs every 15 minutes like clockwork – cuts the need for taxis and busses.

Club nights visited: in order:
Paris by Night @ Pacha: Bob Sinclar/Idris Elba/Kenny Dope. Done Pacha/seen KD numerous times but to me its not Ibiza if I’ve not seen Pacha or one half of MaW. Last year I got grumpy with Pacha as half the place was closed off (gone are the days when you could stand on the mezzanine bit high above the DJ booth or stand right next to it on the steps) but they must have opened up parts of it again which I liked such as the door from high above the main room directly out on to the terrace. Was able to move around this year.

Not a ‘night’ as such but dropped into Pikes on Sundays late afternoon. Was a good chilled vibe. Lots of families and kids.

Wax Da Jam @ Las Dalias: Nightmares on Wax/Bonobo (more later).

Glitterbox @ Space: Norman Jay (Sanchez was advertised all summer until the day before when the ads changed – anyone know why he pulled out?) we’d embarrassingly never been to Space but realized what a well run and roomy place this was even if we only got to see half of the venue as only the ‘Terrace’ was open. Felt like a shopping centre minus the shops. Can see why it wins the awards and would love to have been there back in the day during daylight with no roof & the planes coming in. It seemed quiet to me.

GB Rumors @ Beachouse.

Best night: probably Wax Da Jam. NoW created a good vibe and then Bonobo was brilliant even if there was a powercut during Cirrus right on 3am – was anyone there – did they sort it out? We left as Shovell started to try to keep the crowd on board – good on him for that. I’d love to know what happened. This was something different for us but we really liked the intimacy of it and the venue.

Worst night
: maybe Rumors – it was too hot/humid and so busy with nowhere to sit/escape to within/around the venue – not even a space on the sand. We enjoyed a great late afternoon lunch leading up to the event in the same venue and enjoyed the crowd and atmosphere build, but the music was samey throughout. We left earlier than planned as we felt there was nothing to keep us there.

Best bar: depends what you want but for an all-round experience for food, drinks, vibe & DJ’s its got to be Mambo. Never stayed in San An but its not Ibiza if you’ve not made the trip to Mambo.

Best place to eat: Ibiza Town/D’alt Vila.

For Paella – Sa Caleta just past airport on south west in the cove before Cala Jondal.

Money spent: Prob around 4.5K for 2 weeks flight, BB, car, lunches & dinners out then clubs with taxis to-from.

Biggest regret: Missing Todd Terry at Mambo / not staying on at Las Dalias to see if they sorted the sound out for Bonobo. We had a really early start the next day & quite a journey back to Talamanca so decided it was a good time to leave.

Going back?: Ibiza ‘til I die.
Don’t think it will be for a year or two as its been three years in a row & was my 8th time. Next time would do a shorter trip & plan around some confirmed line ups rather than book a fortnight a year in advance and missing out here & there (e.g. waiting an absolute age for 8th July Ibiza Rocks line up TBA and getting Dizzee Rascal (please) but knowing Libertines would be on the day after we left…. Would look for a good line up at Destino next time as we spent a day here for a nice pool and realized swiftly how much we wanted to come back and would be good during a party.

Top tip: (s)
You must see the island! Hire a car for beach hopping with hotel hire towels and a cheap brolly. We were lucky to come across a discarded brolly on the first day (we even put it back on the last day in the same place we found it in the hope someone else would find & to do the same) so that and towels were chucked in the boot for a week which saved space & lugging them about while saving cash on beach beds; knowing if we got bored of one beach after a couple of hours we moved on to the next; not feeling obliged to stay longer if we’d paid for the lounger and umbrella.

In July & August book in advance for restaurants (and beach clubs if they are your thing).

El Bigotes Cala Mestella – we drove the first day we had the car to reserve and could only get a table 5 days after by paying a cash deposit. It didn’t disappoint. Cash only.

We reserved most of our restaurants in Ibiza Town at least the night before, staying close helped do this. They were even tables reserved at Fish Shack (cash only) at the far end of Talamanca.

Beachclubs – it paid off to reserve a day in advance (couldn’t get into Amante however) and arrive early for your pick of the beds – if you can’t drag yourself out of bed just do it then sleep on the beach!

Go to Las Dalias day or night or both – it’s a short drive past Santa Eularia. The venue here is great – only in Ibiza can they start a party at the side of the road. I love the day market but its almost as if nights like WDJ are what Las Dalias was made for. I love the whole thing and will be trying the Namaste night next time.

A ‘secret’: have drinks on the little first floor balconies of Café Tomate in Ibiza town. It’s a place tucked away but the value (wow) quality (sangria/wine) and atmosphere as you look down below are fab. Not that you would want to be but you could be in many other Spanish/latino city here. A great aperitif place. We went about 4 times and each time they seemed more surprised that we wanted to take our drinks upstairs. Will defo lunch here next time.

Not a tip but I knew Ibiza would be busy 2015 after the world cup/quiet season 2014 & reading this forum but I think places were overrun as not a day or night went by where we didn’t hear or witness glasses smashing/plates being dropped. Staff never stopped in any place and whilst we never had a bad plate of food anywhere we had to chase staff for things a few times including main courses that we’d ordered well before tables that sat down after us received theirs, even with a reservation.

Never realised club tickets include Discobus fare (or is this the new thing now where the bus fare is included and not the one free drink?!). our Pacha one did – always been to Pacha, never knew about the bus fare.

Girls: wear flat shoes.

Stalk the forums before you go – better than ANY guidebook. Also interesting reading peoples opinions from earlier in the season and their tastes/experiences now that I’ve been and gone – one mans pleasure = another mans pain!

Dates you were there: 7-21st July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Talamanca, Argos – a quieter & refreshing change from PDB which I didn’t miss. Was a novelty being able to walk home from Pacha. Use the water taxi from across the road from Corso – runs every 15 minutes like clockwork – cuts the need for taxis and busses.

Club nights visited: in order:
Paris by Night @ Pacha: Bob Sinclar/Idris Elba/Kenny Dope. Done Pacha/seen KD numerous times but to me its not Ibiza if I’ve not seen Pacha or one half of MaW. Last year I got grumpy with Pacha as half the place was closed off (gone are the days when you could stand on the mezzanine bit high above the DJ booth or stand right next to it on the steps) but they must have opened up parts of it again which I liked such as the door from high above the main room directly out on to the terrace. Was able to move around this year.

Not a ‘night’ as such but dropped into Pikes on Sundays late afternoon. Was a good chilled vibe. Lots of families and kids.

Wax Da Jam @ Las Dalias: Nightmares on Wax/Bonobo (more later).

Glitterbox @ Space: Norman Jay (Sanchez was advertised all summer until the day before when the ads changed – anyone know why he pulled out?) we’d embarrassingly never been to Space but realized what a well run and roomy place this was even if we only got to see half of the venue as only the ‘Terrace’ was open. Felt like a shopping centre minus the shops. Can see why it wins the awards and would love to have been there back in the day during daylight with no roof & the planes coming in. It seemed quiet to me.

GB Rumors @ Beachouse.

Best night: probably Wax Da Jam. NoW created a good vibe and then Bonobo was brilliant even if there was a powercut during Cirrus right on 3am – was anyone there – did they sort it out? We left as Shovell started to try to keep the crowd on board – good on him for that. I’d love to know what happened. This was something different for us but we really liked the intimacy of it and the venue.

Worst night
: maybe Rumors – it was too hot/humid and so busy with nowhere to sit/escape to within/around the venue – not even a space on the sand. We enjoyed a great late afternoon lunch leading up to the event in the same venue and enjoyed the crowd and atmosphere build, but the music was samey throughout. We left earlier than planned as we felt there was nothing to keep us there.

Best bar: depends what you want but for an all-round experience for food, drinks, vibe & DJ’s its got to be Mambo. Never stayed in San An but its not Ibiza if you’ve not made the trip to Mambo.

Best place to eat: Ibiza Town/D’alt Vila.

For Paella – Sa Caleta just past airport on south west in the cove before Cala Jondal.

Money spent: Prob around 4.5K for 2 weeks flight, BB, car, lunches & dinners out then clubs with taxis to-from.

Biggest regret: Missing Todd Terry at Mambo / not staying on at Las Dalias to see if they sorted the sound out for Bonobo. We had a really early start the next day & quite a journey back to Talamanca so decided it was a good time to leave.

Going back?: Ibiza ‘til I die.
Don’t think it will be for a year or two as its been three years in a row & was my 8th time. Next time would do a shorter trip & plan around some confirmed line ups rather than book a fortnight a year in advance and missing out here & there (e.g. waiting an absolute age for 8th July Ibiza Rocks line up TBA and getting Dizzee Rascal (please) but knowing Libertines would be on the day after we left…. Would look for a good line up at Destino next time as we spent a day here for a nice pool and realized swiftly how much we wanted to come back and would be good during a party.

Top tip: (s)
You must see the island! Hire a car for beach hopping with hotel hire towels and a cheap brolly. We were lucky to come across a discarded brolly on the first day (we even put it back on the last day in the same place we found it in the hope someone else would find & to do the same) so that and towels were chucked in the boot for a week which saved space & lugging them about while saving cash on beach beds; knowing if we got bored of one beach after a couple of hours we moved on to the next; not feeling obliged to stay longer if we’d paid for the lounger and umbrella.

In July & August book in advance for restaurants (and beach clubs if they are your thing).

El Bigotes Cala Mestella – we drove the first day we had the car to reserve and could only get a table 5 days after by paying a cash deposit. It didn’t disappoint. Cash only.

We reserved most of our restaurants in Ibiza Town at least the night before, staying close helped do this. They were even tables reserved at Fish Shack (cash only) at the far end of Talamanca.

Beachclubs – it paid off to reserve a day in advance (couldn’t get into Amante however) and arrive early for your pick of the beds – if you can’t drag yourself out of bed just do it then sleep on the beach!

Go to Las Dalias day or night or both – it’s a short drive past Santa Eularia. The venue here is great – only in Ibiza can they start a party at the side of the road. I love the day market but its almost as if nights like WDJ are what Las Dalias was made for. I love the whole thing and will be trying the Namaste night next time.

A ‘secret’: have drinks on the little first floor balconies of Café Tomate in Ibiza town. It’s a place tucked away but the value (wow) quality (sangria/wine) and atmosphere as you look down below are fab. Not that you would want to be but you could be in many other Spanish/latino city here. A great aperitif place. We went about 4 times and each time they seemed more surprised that we wanted to take our drinks upstairs. Will defo lunch here next time.

Not a tip but I knew Ibiza would be busy 2015 after the world cup/quiet season 2014 & reading this forum but I think places were overrun as not a day or night went by where we didn’t hear or witness glasses smashing/plates being dropped. Staff never stopped in any place and whilst we never had a bad plate of food anywhere we had to chase staff for things a few times including main courses that we’d ordered well before tables that sat down after us received theirs, even with a reservation.

Never realised club tickets include Discobus fare (or is this the new thing now where the bus fare is included and not the one free drink?!). our Pacha one did – always been to Pacha, never knew about the bus fare.

Girls: wear flat shoes.

Stalk the forums before you go – better than ANY guidebook. Also interesting reading peoples opinions from earlier in the season and their tastes/experiences now that I’ve been and gone – one mans pleasure = another mans pain!

Sa Caletta! Good man. Met a spanish guy in Tenerife who advised me they made the best paella in Spain at Sa Caletta. Always a must whenever we go to Ibiza, especially the blind paella and extra special Sa Caletta coffee!

Dates you were there: 18-21st July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Gran Sol, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Hed Kandi at Es Paradis and Ocean Beach Club (coincidence)

Best night: Hard to say - a three day drunken blur

Worst night: None

Best bar: Buddha Bar

Best place to eat: Buddha Bar

Money spent: 1000 euro or so, plus flights and accommodation

Biggest regret: Not sneaking off from stag party to do some proper clubbing at least once

Going back?: Bound to

Top tip: Gran Sol Hotel - great for the money.

More narrative: http://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/from-solihull-to-san-an-flight-of-the-trevors.73855/

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 18-24th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Jabeque Apartments Figueretas (4 days), Hotel Abrat San An (2 days)

Club nights visited: Guy Gerber Rumours @ Beach house, Cream @ Amnesia

Best night: Cream was good, but this was not really a clubbing holiday this year...Prydz was also a bit of a let-down compared to previous outings. PVD was good...

Worst night: Guy Gerber....far too rammed, lasted 15mins. Dangerous in there...even beach was too packed.

Best bar: Tira Palla Ibiza Town. Was recommended this by someone...amazing rooftop bar in the Calle de la Virgen area, great views. Very cool. Also Bora Bora was good this year...

Best place to eat: Plaza Del Sol Ibiza town. Been here a few times now, amazing restaurant with stunning views at the top of Dalt Villa. Highly recommended.

Money spent: Not too bad...about £700 not including flights and hotels

Biggest regret: Not going clubbing on the first day rather than the last! Tired and not on best form by then...

Going back?: Probably yes, but becoming disillusioned by a few things now...namely drinks prices and rudeness of some staff. This year saw some amazing beaches and got out a bit more...if I go back will probably do more of that and stay somewhere quiet. Dip in for the odd night or sunset...

Top tip: Go vip at Amnesia...well worth it for the extra 20 euros

Back