Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2015

Dates you were there: 26.06 - 05.07

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
San Antonio

Club nights / Beach / Boat parties visited:

CDLN Boat Party (27.06):
Have been on better and worse boat parties,
in the end I had quite a lot of fun.
The all-inclusive drink/eat package is nice and the provide this all over the boat.
Music was quite ok but I also had better boat parties.

Rumours(28.06):
We arrived their quite late.
was totally packed and extremely hot
so we left after trying to order drinks for 20 minutes.
Think that's really a nice one when not to full.

Viva Warrios (28.06):
First time I noticed there is a small cinema in Sankeys, quite nice.
Quite enjoyed the music and the crowd there. Especially those girls from Holland :D

David Guetta (29.06):
What a horrible party...
Well guess it's not really fair as I despise EDM and all what comes with it.
So why go? Well the people I was on the island with like the stuff, made a deal that I will join them there and they will go to Enter.
It is was for me as horrible as I feared it would be.

Coccoon (29.06)
While I did have quite some fun I must say that it didn't live up to my expectations.
Maybe I was also not in the best state of mind after I needed to endure David Guetta earlier that day.
Liked most of the music played. Wasn't however feeling big parts of the crowd there.
Also nice to see Stivi still going strong in the early morning hours ;)

Tini and the Gang (01.07):
As always a nice party on the beach.
Preferred the old location though.

Enter (02.07):
Think the decor this year is quite cool and I always love their early headliner start.
Met lot's of fun people that night and had an amazing time dancing on the sunset terrace and later in the main room.

Ants (04.07):
While I always like the earlier hours in Ants I have to say that the overall crowd gets worse and worse every year.
There a still a number of people there for the music, going nuts,
but the amount of "cool" people standing around gets bigger and bigger.

Best night:
Enter

Worst night:
David Guetta

Best bar:

Savannah. There a probably better places,
but the food and drinks are good and it's kind of and tradition to go there.

Best place to eat:

Difficult to say this year.
Guess I go with Punta Verde at Cala Nova
with El Chiringuito being a very close second.

Money spent:

Well who knows exactly something
between 2500-3000 € for Hotel/Flights/Car/Spending Money

Biggest regret:

Skipping some parties
and getting a real bad sunburn on the second day ....

Going back?:

Not sure when but for sure at some point.
I am by now really questioning the money/value equation for going out on the Island.
Had some much better parties at home over the last year and only payed a fraction for it.
Still the island itself is still amazing.

Top tip:

As always, get a car and someone who is in a state of mind to be legally allowed to drive and explore the island.

Dates you were there: 2nd September - 11th September 2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Private accommodation (booked via Airbnb) in San An Bay (Cala Pinet)

Club nights visited: Cream @ Amnesia, Driftwood Boat Party, Captured @ Gala Night, Sunk @ Summum, Connect @ Privilege, Transcend @ Tropi

Best night: Captured @ Gala Night
Amazing night. Never left the seal pit, music was outstanding and had a great atmosphere

Worst night: Driftwood Boat Party
Water was sooo choppy. Felt pretty sick for parts of the journey. The boats all need more toilets.

Best bar: Tropi
Hosted Transcend, cheap booze, good music

Best place to eat: Relish did some amazing steaks

Money spent: £600 spending money, £300 for flights and accommodation

Biggest regret: Not making it to Carl Cox

Going back?: Yes, two weeks in 2016

Top tip: If you like trance, check out Tropi

Dates you were there: 20.-24. 9.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Figueretes

Club nights visited:
Circoloco: Circoloco was the main reason i came to Ibiza and I off course knew it would be busy but it was just to rammed to have any fun when the garden closed. Musically it lived up to my expectations: Squillace & Buttrich delivered a smooth warming up in the garden, cirillo and Dj w!ld were also good. Favourite set of the night was Dyed Soundorom which was also the last one as it got even busier fur tuskegee.

Hyte: Danny Daze was interesting, Pan-Pot were good but definitely played some better sets in the past. Both rooms were busy to a comfortable extent but it also was the worst crowd of all nights(Like 80% Italians and mainly the annoying ones). So when i went to Maceo and the first hour of his set was kind of chopped I concluded that it was a medicore night but it was too early because at 6am he started to drop Tracks like Conjure Dreams or Singularity by Stephan Bodzin and the Atmosphere got way better. He visibly had much fun in this period too and went on untill around 8am altough he was told to stop 2 or 3 times.

Vagabundos: Arrived quite early to catch Guy J b2b Guy Mantzur and it totally payed off as the music and the atmosphere were great. This extended to Nick Warren so i went to Luciano not until 4 am. His set was solid as usual and I loved the decoration. The dancefoor was packed but I found some dancing space at the entrance so all in all my favourite night.

Best place to eat: Pizzeria La Nino

Money spent: 600-700€

Biggest regret: Not going to Cocoon and missing Do Not Sleep at Space today.

Going back?: Probably yes

Top tip: Try to take a day off inbetween Clubbing is so much more fun with full batteries.

Dates you were there: 25th - 29th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Orosol San An

Club nights visited:

Night 1 - Glitterbox Closing @ Space - After getting up at 5am we arrived at Space about 12.30am! (very long day) It wasn't really packed which was nice and I have to say the glitterbox music was a nice surprise! I'm a big Defected fan and this was as close as I could get to the label while I was there. The modern edge to older classics was brilliant and I would deffo go back again! Crowd was good and having only been to 'We Love' before which I really didn't like, I will definitely be returning to space again! Unfortunately, the long day finished off one of my friends who we had to take home about 4am...was gutted but we had 3 more big night ahead!

Night 2 - Music for Freaks @ Pikes Hotel - my friend who came said we have to go pikes after his last trip, not knowing what to expect (although it sounded cool from his stories) we opted for the experience instead of Hed Kandi Closing. Wow.... such a amazing place, just feels like the real Ibiza! Met some really nice people in there chatting about their Ibiza lives and how they love the Island! After drinks round the pool and some nice Vibes from Justin Harris, we moved into the club where Luke Solomon laid down some quality house! We were lost for at least 4 hours.... really nice atmosphere albeit not that busy! Left about 6am

Night 3 - Everyone was struggling a bit by today so after a long day sorting our heads out, we popped into Ibiza Town for some food and headed to Solomon +1 (Pachanga Boys). We arrived about 2am (i think) and there was no q but the place was ramo! We found a spot near a bar where for about 3 hours we just got lost in the music...Solomon's set a bit later was much slower so we found a few of our friends who we lost earlier on the upper floor which was quieter (still could not get anywhere near the dance floor) - we all spent a few hours soaking in some real nice down temp vocally tracks before leaving around 7am. Musically amazing (just my style) although quite a few idiots in there dropping glasses and barging past you...for me not sure Pacha is the right club for Solomon but still an amazing place!

Night 4 - Having being on the Island about 8 times now, we finally managed Circoloco @ DC10! We had an early get up the next day so we always planned to leave around 12/1am so it was more a case of just going for the experience more than anything! We got there at 8am and there and again, no q so straight in! We managed to have a good look around and I loved it, sound was amazing and tunes we quality! Unfortunately the crowds of people just didn't stop and we were almost pushed out of the place by about 12.30am and it was impossible to do anything. Such a shame, the place was too packed maybe because Solomon was on but after 4 nights tiredness set in and we decided to cut our losses and head back to the hotel. I will certainly try the night again at some point but not sure how anyone can enjoy sheer amount of people in there...

Best night:
Solomon + 1 @ Pacha

Worst night:
Circoloco @ DC10 (Not giving up on it tho)

Best bar:
Itaca

Best place to eat:
Just went to snack places...

Money spent:
900 Euros not inc flights and hotel

Biggest regret:
mmm none really, was a bit disappointing with the lack of people around, was very quiet not much atmosphere - I thought the closings would have brought more people over but speaking with a few PRs they said maybe a week or so too late! Live and learn, still loved it.

Going back?:
YES!! Mrs is due in Nov so 2017 next trip!

Top tip:
Just try do as much as you can day and night...We tried 2/3 different nights to our norm and it just gets better!

Dates you were there: 12th - 19th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sal Rossa, PDB (4 nights) & Don Pepe, San An

Club nights visited: Sunday @ Pikes & Glitterbox @ Space

Best night: Glitterbox

Worst night: No such thing as a bad night when on hols. All enjoyable in their own way!

Best bar: For day time lounging it has to be Golden Buddha. For night time laughs, Rock Bar wins hands down!

Best place to eat: La Escollera. Lovely food & lovely setting.

Money spent: About £1K between to the 2 of us, not including flights & hotels.

Biggest regret: Not going out for breakfast more often!

Going back?: Yeah! Next Sept for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Top tip: Download the Ibiza bus app!

Dates you were there: 27th September – 30th September 2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ebano Select Apartments – Play Den Bossa

Club nights visited: Vagabundos closing @ Space, Circoloco @ DC10, Tribal Sessions closing @ Sankeys

Best night: Circoloco @ DC10
Everyone knows the score with this place but for me it’s the most disorganised party you will ever go to. Rammed all night, nightmare to get served at the bar and ridiculous queues for the toilets. Still, the music is unreal and makes up for everything IMO. All year I’d been building up to seeing Troxler here again and he didn’t disappoint. Jackmaster and Dan Ghenacia were all unreal. Special mention to Ellen Alien and Boris Werner B2B in the garden. Class.

Worst night: None – this was my best trip.

Best bar: The bar opposite Sankeys was great for shopping.

Best place to eat: All the food I ever eat in Ibiza is a let down but Ibiza Rocks did us a nice breakfast on the Monday consisting of a salmon and cream cheese bagel and coffee.

Money spent: £1000+ spends, hotel, tickets, accom

Biggest regret: Not making it to Cocoon closing nor the after party/not seeing Solomun in the DC10 main room BUT I was too busy going nuts on the terrace

Going back?: Yes 2016 openings

Top tip: Go for a swim before you make it to bed after a session! I also found doing lots of running before the trip over a period of months helped me keep dancing for longer. I didn't feel tired once whilst dancing all night normally I get to 5am and start feeling it.

Took two lads on their first ever Ibiza trip and they loved it. Hoping they will both add their reviews soon.

Apologies to the spotlighers I was supposed to meet up with but did meet up with @Rowan. Top guy!

Last edited:
Dates you were there: Saturday 26th September - Thursday 1st October 2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Aparthotel Jabeque, Figueretas.

Decent hotel. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with an amazing view, which I would never tire of looking at. Would definitely stay there again and/or in Figueretas again. Thought it was the perfect location for what we were there for. Easy to get to Bossa and Ibiza Town, and had a nice atmosphere about the place.

Club nights visited:

Saturday - Elrow/Kehakuma @ Space

First night! Landed around 11:30pm and we both hit the ground running due to being in BA Lounges since 12pm that day pouring our own drinks! Went to Top21 for a few cheap cocktails before heading into Space. Got in there around 2am, and it was straight into the Main Room to see what the fuss was about. We didn't last long as it was rammed and could barely move, so settled for a place on the Terrace for most of the night. Which I was very happy about as Javi Bora was on from 3am. Great night to start the holiday off with!

Sunday - VIVa Warriors @ Sankeys

Sunday was a great day all round! We were through in San Antonio to watch the football by 1pm, then managed a few cocktails in Ibiza Rocks Bar. We had booked Pikes for Sunday Lunch, so went up there about 4:30pm. We weren't particularly hungry at this point, but after seeing what was served up, we didn't leave anything on our plates! Food was amazing. Stayed for a couple drinks, then headed to Es Vive to meet some friends. Couple more drinks in there, when a friend of a friend offered to take us to Sankeys. Which is where we were going anyway! Got to Sankeys and walked straight into the DJ booth with our new pals! Managed to catch the end of Detlef, Steve Lawler was on next, who was superb, it only felt like he was on half an hour I was enjoying it that much. Thought Derrick Carter was a decent as well. We also managed to get upstairs to get a peak at the 'Blood Moon'. Another great night!

Monday - Circo Loco @ DC10

Not much was done during the day apart from sunbathing on the balcony. Left the apartment about 4ish and went for a Pizza and some cocktails along Figueretas Promenade. Then back for a disco nap and preparation for the night ahead. Made use of our duty free bottle of vodka in the room, then went for a couple of Hierbas in a nearby bar. Not only was I looking forward to seeing the Martinez Brothers for the first time, but this was my first visit to DC10 in 5 trips to Ibiza, so you could say I was a tad excited. We hit the terrace, loaded up on water from the bar and found some much needed space! Seth Troxler was in fine form, and we were loving every minute of his set. Perfect! Once he finished, it was straight into the main room for the Martinez Brothers. WOW! Loved it. Was totally lost in the music and the next 3-4 hours just seemed to fly by. Again, another superb night/morning!! Got home and sat on the balcony with a few drinks and before we knew it......

Tuesday - FUSE @ Space

........it was time to start the day! :eek: The weather wasn't great, so decided to head into Ibiza Town. Went for a couple of beers in Mariano, and then a few other bars where the names escape me. Had a spot of lunch outside La Solera, which was really nice while the rain was chucking it down. We headed home, got ready and were back on the balcony tucking into the Duty Free again. There were a few options for tonight, Half Baked, Tribal or Fuse. Since we had such an amazing time at Fuse the last two years, it was Fuse that won. So back along to Top21 for a few cocktails, and then Tantra for one before heading into Space. The thing with Fuse is you know exactly what you're going to get, top quality music...and that's what we got with Enzo, Seb and Rossko going back to back. Probably the best crowd of the holiday so far, as everyone there seemed to be there for the music.

Wednesday - Tini & the Gang @ Lips and Underground

Not much to report during the day, as we slept in till about 5pm, but it was much needed! We got ready and made our way into Bossa, had a nice meal in Sissi's and then hit Top21 again for a couple of cocktails. Got to Lips for the Beach Party around 10pm and got a few more drinks in there. Good atmosphere, so we decided to go to the carry on at Underground rather than Amnesia for HYTE, which was our original plan. I've always wanted to go back to Underground, so it was the perfect opportunity. It started to get busy from 1am onwards. Had another great night in there with some brilliant music. Lasted till around 6/7am, before heading back to the hotel to get a final few hours sleep before flying back later that afternoon.

Best night: So hard to choose one night from the list above. All good in their own way! But, if I had to choose one, it would probably be VIVA @ Sankeys. Mainly due to the day we had at Pikes, meeting interesting people, getting guest list for Sankeys and being in the booth meeting Derrick Carter, Detlef and Steve Lawler.
Best night musically would probably be DC10. I didn't want it to end!

Worst night: Didn't have a bad night. But, IF I had to pick one it would be Elrow due to the amount of people taking selfies/videos and generally standing around looking not interested. It's the only negative thing I can say about any of the nights!

Best bar: A good few to mention, but Top21 as that was our regular.

Best place to eat: Pikes for Sunday Lunch/La Solera (Ibiza Town) for Tapas.

Money spent: About £1,200 including flights, hotel and spending money.

Biggest regret: Not making Es Vedra, again. :(

Going back?: Yes, 2 week trip next July for my cousins wedding.

Top tip: Learn a bit of Spanish before you go, even if it is just some simple phrases to get you by.

Last edited:
Dates you were there: Thursday 01.10.2015 - Thursday 08.10.2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Club Hotel La Noria, Playa d'En Bossa

Club nights visited: Amnesia Closing, Space Closing Fiesta, Sankeys Closing, Destino Closing

Best night: Tough call. Amnesia & Space closing were both amazing for different reasons. But on the face of everything Destino was my favourite event as it was my first visit to this venue and it made me fall in love with the island all over again. HS82 played the best set I've ever seen him play, Kollectiv Turmstrasse - who I admit I was previously unaware - played a really good progressive live show which warmed-up perfectly - and Solomun underlined why he is reigning King of Ibiza. His time is now.

Worst night: Sankeys Closing.
We only stayed an hour or so. Nothing to do with the event, more our state of mind/well-being. On reflection we should have stayed in this night. All the signs were there: getting far too relaxed watching sunset at Golden Budda, sleeping through our alarm, being turned away from guestlist for not having ID. As it turns out by the time we got back to our hotel I was coming up and couldn't sleep and could still hear the bass from Sankeys :(

Best sets: Solomun! Hot Since 82, Kollectiv Turmstrasse (all Destino), The Martinez Brothers, Mar-T (Amnesia Closing), Nic Fanciulli (Space Closing).

Best bar: Golden Budda was really the only bar we stopped at. Mostly pre-drank in our hotel room or had takeouts on the beach.

Best place to eat: Home Loos, Figueretas for tapas on my B'day night. Simply wonderful!
Passion most mornings for breakfast - pipping hot food; stone-cold service. Great menu! including healthy eating and amazing smoothies. Proper English Breakfast!!
Moorea - never had a bad meal there - tried Ibicenco shoulder of lamb on this occasion - amazing!! Huge portion sizes.

Money spent: Return flights £70 each, Room €236 total, spending money €1200 between 2 of us.

Biggest regret: Lots of regrets from this trip: having a quiet one on Friday and not hitting Insane closing, not staying until the end of Amnesia closing (had we known it would shut at 13:45 we likely would have seen out the final few hours!), sessioning too hard back at our friends apartment post Amnesia and making ourselves ill, not catching Josh Wink at Space Closing, not being match-fit for Sankeys, not seeing Paco Fernandez again, not staying later at Destino, not being able to go parasailing because of the strong winds.

Going back?: Yes, same time next year. Maybe a few days earlier in the season as well, funds permitting.

Top tip: Pace yourself and avoid peaking too soon. Know your limits. Know when to call it a night.

Summary: Overall an unforgeable 30th Birthday celebration. An experience I will never forget. Though fell short of expectations compared to last year's closing party trip. Being pick-pocketed again for the 2nd time this summer - this time to the tune of €50 - put a dampener on our first night. Carrying on for far too long on the first night and subsequently making ourselves ill. My brother getting severely ill and missing Space Closing. Thank god for Destino closing. I was genuinely debating whether I would be back next year and was giving serious consideration to a lengthily hiatus.

Last edited:
Top tip: Pace yourself and avoid peaking too soon. Know your limits. Know when to call it a night.
I think your tip is essential. You always think your big and clever your first couple of nights then realise you could potential ruin your trip all together. A lesson I learned this year. 100% need a day off to rest and relax on the week long trips.

Psssion cafe, pipping hot food./stone cold service. .I see nothing has changed theno_O they must be cloning those fu@kin mutes they have working there. Its been like that since it opened.

Being pick-pocketed again for the 2nd time this summer - this time to the tune of €50 - put a dampener on our first night.

Twice in one year ???? Only once been pickpocketed and that was on a bus in Monte Carlo of all places when I was very pissed and holding on to a handle instead of keeping my hand on my wallet ! It's only ever happened once - need to get those reflexes (and your wardrobe) sorted out mate !

Twice in one year ???? It's only ever happened once - need to get those reflexes (and your wardrobe) sorted out mate !

Should of been more specific. Happened to the missus both times, but ive taken it personally. We're actually pretty certain we had the guy on the last occasion. But he pleaded innocence and we gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him go. Then we found her purse on the floor where he was standing. Little runt. Even i would've fancied my chances!

Should of been more specific. Happened to the missus both times, but ive taken it personally. We're actually pretty certain we had the guy on the last occasion. But he pleaded innocence and we gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him go. Then we found her purse on the floor where he was standing. Little runt. Even i would've fancied my chances!

Ah - women on a night out need to be relieved of all phones and money before someone else gets 'em :D

Dates you were there: Saturday 5th - Saturday 12th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel)
: San Francisco Apartments and then a villa near Lizard Bar

Club nights visited: Solomun+1, Cocoon, Music is The Revolution, La Familia, Paradise and Cream.

Best night: Solomun +1

In all honesty I would say Solomun+1 pips it this year, although near enough every event we attended was fantastic. We went up to Mambo's on the Sunday evening for the pre party, had a lovely dinner at Mint Lounge watching the sun go down and then enjoyed Kydus set which took us into the evening.

I've never had any remote interest in attending Pacha until this year to see Solly, and it must be said for the right event and with the right crowed it is an incredible club. AudioFly's warm up set was unexpectedly good, and then Solomun came on and took things up a notch. An absolute masterclass from a man in the form of his life. We really did not want to the night to end.....

However, I've quite a few other particular highlights. Sven Vath's all night long set on the Monday was an incredible journey and he still remains my favorite DJ. This must be the 6-7th time I've seen Papa Sven and he never fails to amaze. Plus is there a better club on earth that Amnesia in the morning sunshine?

Seeing Carola play the terraza was also very special. La Familia is one of the most underrated events on The Island IMO with Nic and Joris making me enjoy Ushuaia for the first time. Jamie Jones going b2b with Capriati was another highlight too. Musically - it's the best year I've ever had on The Island.

Worst night: Cream.

It may of had something to do with the five consecutive nights out before with incredible music, but Cream just really didn't do anything for me at all. Very generic trance music in the main room, with the terrace hosting the unbearable Duke Dumont :(

Best sets: AudioFly, Solomun, Sven Vath, Nic Fanculli b2b Joris Voorn, KiNK, Jamie Jones b2b Joseph Capriati

Best bar: Besides visiting Cafe Mambo of the evening we didn't really visit many bars. Although regardless of the shocking music played there some nights (Aoki!!??) you can't help but love it up there.

Best place to eat: Mint Lounge was fantastic and quite reasonably priced considering the location. Ibiza Rocks always goes down a treat too..

Money spent: Return flights £150 each, Hotel £250 spending money €1200. Expensive but worth it!

Biggest regret: Not going to Music On on the Friday... but as many of you will know once you've been out for six nights on the bounce, you've had enough.

Going back?: 100%... More than likely for Openings!

Top tip: As others have said pace yourself and avoid peaking too soon. It's easy to get excited and get too bent up early on (refused entry to Magna Carta @ Sankeys on Saturday :rolleyes:). Try and plan to have rest days so you can really make the most of the events you really want to attend.

Summary: Overall 100% the best week I've ever had on The Island musically. Having 12 of us in a villa tucked away next to The Lizard Bar really made the difference - having your own space etc... Plus this was the first time I've ever stayed in San Antonio as opposed to Bossa, and besides the annoyingly long cab journeys I much prefer this side of the The Island.

Roll on May 2016!

Great review @perrylgooner !! Cor, you got a lot of clubbing hours in! Good work. Saw some amazing acts + heard some quality music, no doubt.

Thanks...... Your not wrong though. I was so energized from the incredible music and atmosphere that I didn't really start to feel it until the Friday afternoon and it hit there was no way of me attending Music On that evening. Took me a while to recover but we all know how worth it is for a week like that!

Back