Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2015

Dates you were there: August 8th - 15th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Palladium Hotel Palmyra. Brilliant hotel all around, but I wouldn't advise staying here if you travel solo purely because there seemed to be alot of couples rather than young people there for clubbing like myself. Thankfully I'd pre-arranged to meet up with people through the "Meet Me In Ibiza" forum...Although one person in the group was coincidentally staying at the same hotel, which was good :) Oh, and the pool music/atmosphere... well, do you like Madonna - Like A Prayer?

Club nights visited:

Saturday - Kehakuma/Elrow @ Space... I won't lie, I can't even remember who I saw at this night, but I just remember staying until it finished in the Terrace and it was a brilliant first night. Didn't spend too much time in Elrow, but not for any reason other than I was enjoying the terrace

Sunday - Do Not Sleep @ Privilege... I think I'll get alot of hate for this but even though it wasn't bad by any means (read on to Wednesday for my definition of bad...) it was slightly disappointing because this was basically the night I had heard most about and everyone was telling me to go to... I think I may have still been suffering from the first night and it was going to be really hard to top that...I'd still reccommend it though! I think we left about half 5 because one of the guys in our group was driving...

Monday - Cocoon @ Amnesia... Well wow. Sven Vath, I can't even find the words :lol: it was incredible! He ended up playing until about 8.30, and then we managed to catch the last 5 minutes of Ricardo Villalobos, who simply put, looked right off it :lol: Easily one of the best nights out I've had, seeing Papa Sven was an experience I'll never forget

Tuesday - Carl Cox Music Revolution @ Space... A close second, another incredible night where I could've stayed well beyond the finishing time of 7 am despite not having been to bed from the previous night. I was loving every second of what was being played.

Wednesday - My House @ Pacha/A Planet Called Paradise @ DC10... If it wasn't for Jamie Jones at DC10 afterwards, Pacha could've made my night an absolute disaster. We ended up going to Pacha because a couple of people wanted to see Diplo, and a couple of others simply wanted to see what Pacha was like as a club... Me and one other in the group were preparing for the worst basically, and said before going we were going to leave around 4ish to catch Jamie Jones at DC10. We caved by about half 2 :lol: Mark Ronson was the special guest, and although I enjoy abit of Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse on the drive to work back home, it's not what I wanted to hear clubbing... and as for "Uptown Funk", don't even get me f****** started... I'm going to dropkick the first DJ who plays it in a bar when I feel brave enough for a night out back home. Horrific song. When Diplo came on, the dance floor essentially became a moshpit, which was when I concluded it was time to leave. DC10 was good and made up for the shitfest that was Pacha though, we stayed until closing time once again... I'm shamed to admit I'd never heard of Jamie Jones until I started looking up stuff a week before I came out :spank:

Thursday - ENTER @ Space... I think by this point Ibiza was taking it's toll on me, I'd gone 2 full nights without sleep, and any night (well, morning) I did get sleep lasted no more than 4 hours... Richie Hawtin was awesome, but by about 6 me and the girl (Louise) I went there with were so exhausted we were literally falling asleep while dancing so we had to call it a night :lol:

Friday - Music On @ Amnesia... Well f*** me, I've never seen anything like it.. Busy isn't the word! It was absolutely packed! It was my last night and I had to leave at 6 AM to get ready to leave, but I still just about managed to enjoy Carola with that thought lingering. I was gutted I wasn't able to experience the full thrill of staying till the end of Music On, but it was still a good way to end my incredible week :)

Best night: Cocoon @ Amnesia, Monday... Carl Cox was a close second, both incredible nights which I'll always remember though.

Worst night: My House @ Pacha, Wednesday... I didn't realise I was going on that much of a rant above :lol: It was pretty much down to my own fault for going in the first place, I had a feeling I wouldn't enjoy because while I don't mind Mark Ronson or abit of EDM back home, I went to Ibiza to listen to House and tech, and not to take part in a Moshpit like a bunch of 15 year old chavs.

Best bar: I think Bora Bora was actually the only bar we went to! We met up there pretty much every night an hour or so before going to a club... Pricey but the atmosphere was worth it!

Best place to eat: Probably my hotel!

Money spent: Just under €1500. I was half-board in my hotel, and I withdrew an extra €100 the day before I arrived in Ibiza. Glad I made that choice!

Biggest regret: Pacha, but it just added to the whole experience. It was basically like being on a night out back home, which I basically hate :lol:

Going back?: Absolutely. Eyeing up going for a weekend for some closing parties towards the end of September, if I can get the time off work... Either way, definately next August.

Top tip: Obvious ones but worth repeating... Watch out for pickpockets...And I don't mean grab a scope and start hunting the pricks, I mean just be aware of whats in your pockets and as often as you can just feel to make sure everythings there.
Drink water. If you're doing this "drinking water is cheating" shit, good luck, because chances are, you will have a mild stroke.

It was my first time solo, and I'm probably going to do the same next year...Met some amazing people who I hope I'll see again someday, who helped make this an incredible week for me. I know my reviews of the music were abit bland with "good" and "awesome", but I'm kind of new to it all... Hence why I shamingly didn't know who Jamie Jones is. I just tend to listen and enjoy the music, and forget to find out who's playing it! I think people spend too much time arguing about what type of house music something is, rather than just enjoying it, which is f****** stupid :lol: I just enjoy it for what it is! And now I'm devastated to be home, hence why I'm typing reviews, losing my mind haha!

Yes, I visited Amnesia 3 times but that was over 10 days but still. Amnesia is so crazy, my favourite club in the world

I second this statement, absolutely.
To me, Amnesia encapsulates everything about Ibiza, and has retained enough of it's traditionalism and heritage whist still moving with the times.

Was beyond gutted I didn't attend an Amnesia night during my most recent trip, had pre-booked Cream's 21st birthday night with Prydz headlining, but due to some pretty rowdy behaviour (to say the least) on our flight, the flight was delayed and we didn't land till close to 3am. Radio One were on our plane and interviewed us about it when we landed, but was pretty scant consolation for missing Prydz :(

Dates you were there: July 20th - July 30th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mare Nostrum & Royal Beach apartments

Club nights visited:
-Carl Cox @ Space (2x) July 21st & July 28th
Carl Cox never disappoints. I usually get in two Coxy nights in every trip. The atmsophere, music and crowd is always good!

-Paradise @ Dc10
I think I just wasn't feeling the vibe this night. I left at the end of Lawler's set, so I admit I didn't give it a fair go. I thought the crowd was very homogenous..nothing bad, just not my thing

-Clockwork Orange - Es Paradis
I only stayed for a bit as I wanted to get to Music On, but a very friendly, up for it crowd.

-Music On @ Amnesia
It was very busy and stayed busy until the 9:30 am close. What I liked about it was dancing on the terrace as the sun had come up....that messy almost after-hours feeling on the terrace. I can't make it for the closings anymore but for an hour it (almost..not quite, but almost!) had that messy, closing party vibe!

-Clockwork Orange Sunday beach party
Again, a very friendly outside beach party

-Vagabundos @ Space (Space birthday)
Originally, I went to see Josh Wink, but the surprise of the night for me was Erick Morillo. He played a lot harder than I was expecting... really enjoyed it!

-Cocoon @ Amnesia
No trip to Ibiza for me is complete without a Cocoon party. Good music and good vibe all around.

Carl Cox birthday @ Space
Best night of the trip for me!

Best night: Probably Carl Cox birthday (July 28th). Great atmosphere and music!

Worst night: Paradise @ DC10, although to be fair, I didn't stay that late. The sound was so distorted! I love DC10 but it was so loud that I could barely hear the music. On another thread, someone summed up perfectly the difference between Hyte and Paradise. I would give Paradise another go, though.

Best bar: Didn't really go out to bars

Best place to eat: Maria Luisa - Cala Vadella.. went twice!

Money spent: Not going to think about it!

Biggest regret:
-not staying longer
-not going to Circo Loco on the Monday ( I don't think I've ever been to Ibiza and not gone to DC10 on a Monday!)

Going back?: Of course! It's always a big journey for me... but always worth it!

Top tip: Hire a car and see the island. Getting out to the northern beaches and checking out new beaches is always a must! I say this every time I go, but there is so much more to Ibiza than clubbing (although that's a huge part of it!)

I find that when I do more during the day (beaches, good food) I enjoy the nightlife even more. The more I travel around the island, the more I realise I haven't seen.

How the heck can you go exploring when you're wrecked every morning? Something has to give! But it would be really interesting those less touristy areas and chill with locals.

How the heck can you go exploring when you're wrecked every morning?

Just sleep till 11.30am then head out sharpish with loads of water and stay off the booze in the daytime. If you spend 3 hours "coming round" then you'll lose most of the useful part of the day. Something definitely has to "give" - a few less bevvies pays massive rewards and I for one can't be arsed with drugs. Guess if you're in your 20s and still enjoying going on full-on benders then maybe that matters more to you, but it usually comes at a heck of a price in terms of what you don't feel like doing with all that's on offer - and dabbling just messes things up for me so tend to choose the island over certain of its temptations when weighing up the pros and cons !

How the heck can you go exploring when you're wrecked every morning? Something has to give! But it would be really interesting those less touristy areas and chill with locals.

You can do both! ;) Just not at the same time!

First time I went to Ibiza was the only time I didn't hire a car, but ended up meeting people who did, so I was able to explore a little bit.

Most of my "travelling" during my first Ibiza trip involved walking/stumbling/crawling from the Fiesta hotel to Space for whatever day party was on to bora bora back to space and then going to Amnesia.

While I had an amazing time, the subsequent trips got better and better when I travelled more of the island.

You can still have a big night out and then have a good day of beaches. I was at Music On until 9:30 am... went back and slept for a bit, then drove up north and had a nice long swim. That night however, I took off.

When you have good food and are relaxing on a quiet beach, you get much more energy to go out again that night than if you hang around your hotel/apartment pool. Sometimes I would take a little power nap/rest in the evening before going out again.

I can understand going to Ibiza just to party-party-party, but I travel a fair distance (as so many others) and it seems such a waste to be on a beautiful Mediterannean island and not see any of it.

Nothing special but just popped a few of our holiday photos and videos into a little slideshow, might cheer a few up on here who are suffering rainy Monday blues in the UK :confused:

Nothing special but just popped a few of our holiday photos and videos into a little slideshow, might cheer a few up on here who are suffering rainy Monday blues in the UK :confused:

I just watched some of it and I got a flood of memories back from my own trip two months ago, even though I'm not into the mainstream EDM sound. Great presentation, I'm feeling the Ibiza blues all over again!

Dates you were there: 9th - 14th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Squash Apartments, Bossa (opposite Sankeys)

Club nights visited: Vagabundos @ Space, Martin Solveig presents My House @ Pacha, Armin Van Burren... is in a state of trance @ Ushuaia, Kisstory @ Ocean Beach Ibiza. Revs in San Antonio.

Best night: This is a draw... Space was awesome as usual - I had just got off the plane and had the most energy! I see someone had installed a new sound system in there and it sounded fat! (I work with large scale sound systems in my day job so am rather "geeky" when it comes to all this kinda stuff). However I simply loved Martin Solveig presents My House at Pacha. I am more into "mainstream" kinda stuff really, so this fitted in very well and the atmosphere, vibe and visuals were simply electric. I love Pacha!

Oh and meeting two cool lads from down my neck of the woods

Worst night: Getting very depressed and suicidal one night and having to talk myself out of taking my own life. That was a horrible dark place to be, believe me. I am very screwed up mentally and.. well, the rest is another story.

Best bar: Bora Bora by far. Always love spending time in that place both daytime and nighttime. Vibe is superb. Second place is the Jet pool party!

Best place to eat: Didn't eat out in anywhere "fancy", although the restaurant attached to the Jet apartments is always very good. Even cocked dinner in my apartment!

Money spent: about £1600 including accommodation and flights

Biggest regret: Not visiting Formentaria YET AGAIN!!! Being to wrecked each morning to do much... Worrying about work all the time... Not getting out and exploring on this visit.

Going back?: Oh yes! Have just booked another 7 day trip for the 2nd September, this time travelling out with a friend (last visits have always been solo). I can't get Ibiza out of my mind!!

Top tip: Will come back to this.... ;)

Dates you were there: 9th - 14th August

Biggest regret: Not visiting Formentaria YET AGAIN!!! Being to wrecked each morning to do much... Worrying about work all the time... Not getting out and exploring on this visit.

This was my biggest regret as well. I couldn't make it in the mornings...just cannot happen. Especially since it was my first time there and you want to expeirence all the parties.

You can do both! ;) Just not at the same time!

First time I went to Ibiza was the only time I didn't hire a car, but ended up meeting people who did, so I was able to explore a little bit.

Most of my "travelling" during my first Ibiza trip involved walking/stumbling/crawling from the Fiesta hotel to Space for whatever day party was on to bora bora back to space and then going to Amnesia.

While I had an amazing time, the subsequent trips got better and better when I travelled more of the island.

You can still have a big night out and then have a good day of beaches. I was at Music On until 9:30 am... went back and slept for a bit, then drove up north and had a nice long swim. That night however, I took off.

When you have good food and are relaxing on a quiet beach, you get much more energy to go out again that night than if you hang around your hotel/apartment pool. Sometimes I would take a little power nap/rest in the evening before going out again.

I can understand going to Ibiza just to party-party-party, but I travel a fair distance (as so many others) and it seems such a waste to be on a beautiful Mediterannean island and not see any of it.

I travelled a great distance to be there but I just couldn't give up the partying. As I said above, I do regret not being able to do more exploring though but it's just that I'm a fan of this music and heard about these legendary nights over and over again that I had to experience them!

On my next trip I would definitely cut some parties altogether to actually explore this island more...but I think this will be next year, but I have this crazy part of myself to do a revenge tour next month :(

Had about 6 goes of writing this but think this is about finished.

Dates you were there: July 31st - August 6th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):

Arlanza Jet, P'laya Den Bossa, basic but all we needed really, no problem with drinking your own drinks round the pool etc which I know a few hotels don't allow, hotel staff helpful enough and surprisly easy enough to get a taxi outside.

Bossa seems to be getting a bad rep atm but none of us witnessed any sort of trouble there etc, usual looky looky men and a small number of prostitutes in the evenings but no hassle from them, there was 12 of us though so rare for any of us to be on our own.

Club nights visited: I was gonna write a review for each night but really cba haha

Friday: Radio One @ Ushuaia, Shelter @ Sankeys, Glitter Box @ Space

Saturday: Creamfields, Elrow @ Space

Sunday: Sin Sundays @ Ocean, Solomun+1 @ Pacha

Monday: Cocoon @ Amnesia

Tuesday: Music is Revolution @ Space

Wednesday: My House @ Pacha - 2manyDJs where great here similar set to there one in Arcadia(Glasto) this year really got everyone going.

Best night:

Sunday day/night on the whole, I know Ocean gets slatted on here but was just genuine people enjoying themselves when we where there, left about 11 to go back the hotel to change then onto Solomon, should of stayed an extra half hour/hpur really as we had plenty of time to get to pacts, was pretty much empty when we arrived (about 1), was good chilling out on the terrace and seeing the party get going etc

Pasha was great, from what I remember Solomon's set was abit heavier than the last time I seen him but enjoyed it all the same. From about 2 onwards started getting very busy but wasn't too rammed, enough space to dance and easy enough to get from each side of the club in a few minutes. Ending up leaving abit earlier than I wanted too (near 6 from what I can remember)

Also mention to Elrow which was a brilliant night definitely recommend it crowd completely up for it.

Worst night:

Wouldn't say we had a bad night but was disappointed with Cocoon and Glitter box

Cocoon was the only party we couldnt get into, seen Dixon plenty of times before never been disappointed but was just average when we where there crowd just seemed to be plodding along waiting for Sven, went to the main room and watched Alicante till Sven came on and was probably the best of the night, changed rooms again for Sven but just couldn't get into it not bad but once again nothing to get ye moving, gave up on Sven and went for Ben Klock instead usual good stuff but only lasted about an hour before we got off. I think we got abit of a wall this day though and might of been on abit of a come down

Also the music seemed to be abit low in the terrace, we where stood on the steps side at first and moved to the dance floor where it was a lot better, guessing it was just down to speaker placement though.

We'd talked about going to Glitterbox before the holiday, but ended up settling on Music On. That changed to Sankeys when we actually got there, with no sleep the night before and a full day at Ushuaia none of us could be bothered with a stretch or the crowds at Music On. Thought Shelter at Sankeys was really good, (first time at Sankeys a lot smaller than I thought), but in some drug induced haze someone suggested going to Space at about 4am.

The actual music was good, big change from Sankeys a lot more chilled out but couldn't fault that, the place although not empty wasn't very busy at all, with the people in the standing in awkward places to really get the party flowing, don't think it's suited to the terrace room at all, decent number of people in front of the DJ booth dancing but everyone else just seemed to be coasting along, also the dancing girls in there where rubbish, weird one I know but compared to the girls in Cocoon who looked and danced amazing, people in there where throwing worse shapes than the pissheads in my local. Talked to a few people the next day who all said they where disappointed with it.

I imagine it was a completely different story the next week with Morales playing place was probably rammed, I know a few who went to Fat Boy last Friday aswell who said it was great

Best bar: Went a few bars in PDB and San An but none really stuck out, fight in that Plastik bar by the egg the night we went there, bouncers literally ran off from about 4 lads fighting haha was alright in there apart from that though

Best place to eat: Hardly ate unfortunately :( best meal I probably had was in Ocean.

Money spent: Around €2700 I think including hotel, flights and spends

Biggest regret:

Not eating enough! end up doing this every year though :(

Not making in to Circo Loco on the Monday just didn't have the energy

Leaving Sankeys to go to Glitterbox waste of €50 haha

Not wearing earplugs, Carl Cox was the only night where I was left with ringing in my ears but would of rather of went without the headache on the final night

Not being there for either Prydz in amnesia or Solly in Destino, will book the holiday around there days if there on next year.

Going back?: Can't see there being any chance this year but hopefully at least 5 nights next summer

Top tip:

Ablet wise... If your there before the end of this season don't bother with them Orange Tulips/Ghosts/Chewits sweets, tested them completely different strengths on them all, better stuff out there.

Never go out with loads of cash on you, I take what I think I need for the night then an extra €50 in case, one of my mates ended up loosing nearly €800 one night, though the state he was in could of easily just spent it having the time of his life haha

And the usual stay hydrated/try to eat and get some sleep.

Back