stivi's ibiza chronicles

Stivi
Was going to pm you nearer the time but hey ho, as you have done this great guide its prompted me!
I am over for the closing weekend and want to do Amnesia on the Sunday morning through til the mid afternoon. What and how is the best way to guarantee entry at say 8/9 am, is the closing party ticket from the Sat valid or cash on the door etc?
Cheers
Paul

yay! see you there then :)
in the past, with any pre-sale ticket you had to be in by 6am. not sure how strict they were with this and we have no infos on this year's closing party tickets yet. if it's the same and you only want to come at 9, probably better to just pay at the door. we'll know more nearer the time for sure.

I'm hoping that a normal ticket bought on the island will be fine as that's what i'm planning on doing as well... Head in at around 9am and stay the distance!! :D

Stivi/ric - clearly we will have to meet up.

Stivi,

I never knew Space had drinks "deals" ?

Reactions: ric
Stivi
Was going to pm you nearer the time but hey ho, as you have done this great guide its prompted me!
I am over for the closing weekend and want to do Amnesia on the Sunday morning through til the mid afternoon. What and how is the best way to guarantee entry at say 8/9 am, is the closing party ticket from the Sat valid or cash on the door etc?
Cheers
Paul

Alright mate, we had to pay an extra 10/20 Euros on the door with a ticket last year (can't quite remember the amount). Got there about 6am, and I think we had to be in before 4:30am.
Will probably just do the same again this year, or should I say in about 8 weeks! :)

Stivi/ric - clearly we will have to meet up.

Stivi,

I never knew Space had drinks "deals" ?

Aye, sounds good... I'll be the messy one with the completely shaved head, probably shouting "YEEOOOOOWW" at every other break in the tune... :lol:

I'm not entirely sure when they started doing them - but they are there now!

Drink deals in Space? Tell me more!

At Elrow on Saturday, it felt like you could count on one hand the number of people drinking anything. Never seen the Space bars so quiet.

Amazed that the clubs don't seem to realise that cheaper drinks = a higher bar spend.

quick message here too (I know it's a double post, but this time deliberately so). I'll be offline from monday for two weeks. am walking around the coast of ibiza and will stay completely away from internet/e-mails/facebook etc. while on the walk.

shall post a review and pics when back :) speak soon guys

here's a quick recap of openings so far (the big ones only start from tonight of course!)

16th may - es paradis opening
as always the first proper one. as always beautiful - as always I think 'what a shame there aren't any really good nights in there'. but music was quite alright and it was just nice to see things getting in gear again

20th may - sankeys opening pt I
very busy! didn't stay too long, but spent some time in lab. great music by adam & ida and great to see improved lab. a bit more light than previously, much more OOOMPH with the new soundsystem and, for me also very important, improved aircon/ventilation - perfect.

then the first opening weekend (23rd and 24th may) I'll just say that unsurprisingly pacha was the big winner, the club was rammed on saturday night for pure pacha (didn't go to that one) and again veeeery busy for solomun on sunday. s+1 opening wasn't the best s+1 I've ever seen, but adriatique were really good.

25th may - dc10 opening
overall a tad less packed than usually, but of course it still got very busy 9pm-2am. I just left when it got soo busy. various friends said that musically it wasn't a 10/10 during the night.

27th may - benimussa park opening
very busy and boy, the zoo team have done a lot on the zoo as a venue. it's honestly never looked as good as it does now. lovely party!

27th may - eden opening
the one I was extremely curious about. perfectly busy, good crowd, cheaper drinks than elsewehere (beer 7€, longdrinks 11€). very good start, let's hope they continue having busy nights!

29th may - destino opening
the busiest I've seen destino. I think only cocoon closings after 2013 was busier than that. also luciano did for once not bore me to death. still the place with the most 'beautiful people' factor on the whole island. only downside was the queues at the bars - it really took ages to get a drink.

29th may - privilege opening
not too busy sadly, but it neither was empty. music in vista club was good though. also nice to see that there have been various small details improved again for this summer.

more feedback after the weekend!

ok here are a few more quick reports...

30th may - amnesia opening
got there at around 4am. perfectly busy during the night (not too packed) and then a bit less busy in the morning hours. not a 10/10 in my view, but a solid opening. caught the rest of guy gerber's set (pretty good), then mar-t (solid, but unspectacular), then apollonia for sunrise (7-10am). they were good, especially the latter part of their set, but I can't help but think their sound isn't made for such a big room as amnesia terrace. the maceo plex came on, he was also pretty good, but I somehow didn't really feel it. not sure if it's because it was very similar to what he had played all last summer, or if the changeover from apollonia to plex didn't work so well musically. anyway, I'm sure we'll hear better sets of him this summer. we left short past 12 noon and I believe amnesia closed at around 1:30pm.

31st may - space opening
we got there at 8pm, just in time to catch sasha on the car park - great set! now, I agree with everyone that says this year's line up for space opening wasn't the best, but at the same time I realise how difficult it was for them to put something decent together when they were confronted with the date change. anyway, what I've seen yesterday again, and this is the same year after year; it actually really doesn't happen all that much who plays at space opening - it will always be a huge happening and IMO it still very much is the official start of the season. the music was great everywhere, brilliant vibe, lots of people smiling etc - just really what you expect from an amazing party. you know, other clubs had far better line ups than space, but amnesia didn't match up vibe-wise and ushuaïa opening (the only one I didn't attend) got very mixed reviews. two seasons left for space as we know it - let's make the most out of it. an important piece of global clubbing history will be gone after the 2016 season! :(

up next...cocoon tonight...feeling like a child on christmas eve right now :)

did you hear anything regarding that party sunday evening at noname ?
was that the "official" amnesiaopening-afterparty ?

ps:
just saw on fb that their is/was (?) a cocoon-PRE-party at noname ...
do amnesia and noname belong together this year ?

did you hear anything regarding that party sunday evening at noname ?
was that the "official" amnesiaopening-afterparty ?
ps:
just saw on fb that their is/was (?) a cocoon-PRE-party at noname ...
do amnesia and noname belong together this year ?

yeah it was the afters after amnesia opening. they used no name already last year for the after of amnesia closing. a few friends went yesterday, was pretty good apparently. yeah right now they're doing a cocoon pre-party there. no, no name and amnesia don't belong together.

"two seasons left for space as we know it - let's make the most out of it. an important piece of global clubbing history will be gone after the 2016 season! :("

Gerücht, oder steht das wirklich fest? Soll das EKZ doch kommen?

"two seasons left for space as we know it - let's make the most out of it. an important piece of global clubbing history will be gone after the 2016 season! :("

Gerücht, oder steht das wirklich fest? Soll das EKZ doch kommen?

es steht fest, dass der vertrag des space für die lokalität nach der saison 2016 ausläuft. danach geht die lokalität zurück zum eigentümer - matutes. aus dem space wird kein einkaufszenter, das war auch niemals geplant. (ein einkaufszenter war geplant hinter dem space, als teil des 'plan de excelencia', welcher momentan zumindest nach offizieller seite aber auf eis gelegt ist). es ist momentan anzunehmen, dass das ushuaïa das space-gebäude dann übernimmt (in welchem zustand auch immer) und den laden weiterführt - aber wohl kaum unter dem namen space. der name space wird wohl nicht komplett verschwinden aus der welt, aber wie oben erwähnt, in dieser form, wie wir das space kennen, bleiben noch zwei saisons - diese und die nächste.

es steht fest, dass der vertrag des space für die lokalität nach der saison 2016 ausläuft. danach geht die lokalität zurück zum eigentümer - matutes. aus dem space wird kein einkaufszenter, das war auch niemals geplant. (ein einkaufszenter war geplant hinter dem space, als teil des 'plan de excelencia', welcher momentan zumindest nach offizieller seite aber auf eis gelegt ist). es ist momentan anzunehmen, dass das ushuaïa das space-gebäude dann übernimmt (in welchem zustand auch immer) und den laden weiterführt - aber wohl kaum unter dem namen space. der name space wird wohl nicht komplett verschwinden aus der welt, aber wie oben erwähnt, in dieser form, wie wir das space kennen, bleiben noch zwei saisons - diese und die nächste.

Sorry, aber dann war es fast mit PDB für mich. Der ganze Ushuaia Kommerz, der Ibiza am liebsten in ein Las Vegas 2 verwandeln will. Sehr traurig. Dann komme ich nur noch für die free beach parties runter (und ab und zu das Sankeys)...

Back