Staying Fit On Vacation

If Ibiza is done correctly then you'd struggle to bang out a wank let alone bang weights together :lol:

LOL, I remember being at my fav after-hours club on a Sunday mornings on many occasions watching ripped guys jacked on something fierce doing push ups outside in the smoking area.............ahhhh sketchy good times lol. Everything's possible if you put your mind to it, or have the right drugs lol

I did a similar thread about 7/8 years ago, around going to the gym on holiday in Ibiza.

At the time I was obsessed with exercise, weights, cardio.....and had dropped to my lowest weight in years.

My youngest (10 at time) and I at Bora Bora, I looked like I needed a good steak.

It was inconceivable to not be able to go to the gym whilst away, I had my eyes on the hotel facilities.

On my first night I went mad (booze) and then tried to do some sort of workout in the hotel gym the morning after. It was poorly equipped, but that wasn't the issue. I nearly fckn passed out, probs due to the hangover/heat combination but also the period leading up to the holiday I had properly burned out trying to get at least 2 of the 6 pack out.

I didn't go back to the gym all holiday, was the best thing I did.

The responses on this Forum were nearly all "Why bother, you're on holiday" so take advice where I didn't.

Now Im a fat b@stard and not arsed, but in my defence, I have had two children.

Last edited:
I did a similar thread about 7/8 years ago, around going to the gym on holiday in Ibiza.

At the time I was obsessed with exercise, weights, cardio.....and had dropped to my lowest weight in years.

My youngest (10 at time) and I at Bora Bora, I looked like I needed a good steak.

View attachment 7428
It was inconceivable to not be able to go to the gym whilst away, I had my eyes on the hotel facilities.

On my first night I went mad (booze) and then tried to do some sort of workout in the hotel gym the morning after. It was poorly equipped, but that wasn't the issue. I nearly fckn passed out, probs due to the hangover/heat combination but also the period leading up to the holiday I had properly burned out trying to get at least 2 of the 6 pack out.

I didn't go back to the gym all holiday, was the best thing I did.

The responses on this Forum were nearly all "Why bother, you're on holiday" so take advice where I didn't.

Now Im a fat b@stard and not arsed, but in my defence, I have had two children.
I'm actually sort of gearing up for a workout regimen while on the island. I want to bring a towel with me so that the hotel doesn't think I'm stealing there's, a gym bag to carry toiletries with me as well as a change of clothes for afterwards, and plenty of spare euros to pay a cab to take me. I'm thinking also about a small lock because I'm assuming there will be some sort of lockers at Nirvana Beach.

I'm actually sort of gearing up for a workout regimen while on the island. I want to bring a towel with me so that the hotel doesn't think I'm stealing there's, a gym bag to carry toiletries with me as well as a change of clothes for afterwards, and plenty of spare euros to pay a cab to take me. I'm thinking also about a small lock because I'm assuming there will be some sort of lockers at Nirvana Beach.

definitely a troll

My situation is slightly different as I’ll be over in mid September and will have only three weeks until the Berlin marathon, two weeks after Ibiza’s done.

I typically run 50-70 miles a week, but will taper this to around 35-45 on holiday. After doing the whole clubbing thing for a good ten years on the island from the early 2000s onwards, things are a bit calmer these days. Will still have a couple of sessions though and definitely doing Captured and probably Shine as the love of trance has never gone away. Some of my best long runs have been courtesy of Magik music :)

The plan this time is to get the running and general conditioning done early and enjoy the rest of the day. I’m not obsessed by diet but the days of gut buster breakies and kebabs are a thing of the past and I feel far better for it!

Back