Staying Fit On Vacation

Dude, I say this in the nicest possible way, but chill out a bit. You seem to have lots of worries, from food to weather to language. Ibiza isn’t a 3rd world country- you can get everything you need.

Don’t plan your trip to the thousandth degree or you’ll end up feeling like you’ve done your trip before you even arrive. Spontaneity is what will make your time on the island, not insane amounts of planning- just go with the flow
....agreed! I wouldn't worry about a healthy diet, it sounds like the stress of planning this Ibiza trip is going to send the poor fellow to an early grave long before that becomes an issue! ? ?

You will cross the ocean to spend six days in ibiza...
The only diet to have when you do a trip like this is to enjoy the local gastronomy, even if you come back with a couple of kilos more...
Even me with my terrible diet in ibiza I came back with 2,5kilos more after 2 months 1/2 ?
Café con Leche
Orange juice
Tostado con Jamon y tomate
The perfect breakfast.

Then a few beers before lunch. ?
Tomatoes salad,
Paella or pescado à la plancha (con mucho aïoli y patatas fritas por favor)
Of course with a good white wine, albarino or verdejo??
Flao to finish
Hierbas of course, you can't finish a lunch or a dinner without hierbas, you have to respect the local traditions ?

A few beers in the afternoon, it's f***ing hot there...

For the dinner, a few tapas, à salad, a glass (or 2,or 3) of good red wine, maybe a good pasta plate to take forces before dancing.
Hierbas of course,You do not want to upset the boss of the restaurant.

Repeat every day.

As many of you may know I'm planning my trip for Playa d'en Bossa in May of 2020. I want to stay fit while I'm there. The hotel has a fitness studio, but I'm also thinking about what I eat while I'm abroad. I usually eat oats for breakfast with a protein shake. For lunch I eat frozen vegetables and 3oz of meat or so on a piece of bread with onions, a slice of tomato, and some barbecue sauce. For dinner, I eat an apple, and even more frozen vegetables.

It must sound strange, but I've been doing this for a long time. I was even seeing a dietitian for awhile. She said I need more variation; i.e. different vegetable/different protein each day.

Why I'm telling you this: I want to try to eat from the grocery store as much as I can. Maybe you can tell me if there is a grocery store in Playa d'en Bossa, or you might have tips for staying fit on vacation! :)

Thank you so much! ?
Your on vacation dude..

I love my fitness however I think it is very healthy to have a break from it

When I go to Ibiza I don't work out what so ever or follow a diet

What is important though more than anything is plenty of water and if you like to lift then just be conscious of your protein....
I can tell you for a fact your body will not change in a week what so ever and I promise you that

What is important though more than anything is plenty of water
About that... someone told me not to drink the tap water; only bottled. I usually drink 64 Oz (32 before I workout, 32 after) two times per day. That's 128 Oz total. So, I'm concerned about drinking tap water if it's contaminated or not recommended for consumption by tourists. I'm sure there will be bottled water at the hotel front desk for sale, but typically in little 12 Oz bottles or something.

Anyway, should I be worried?

About that... someone told me not to drink the tap water; only bottled. I usually drink 64 Oz (32 before I workout, 32 after) two times per day. That's 128 Oz total. So, I'm concerned about drinking tap water if it's contaminated or not recommended for consumption by tourists. I'm sure there will be bottled water at the hotel front desk for sale, but typically in little 12 Oz bottles or something.

don‘t drink tap water.

As someone already said, Ibiza isn’t a third world country. Bottled water is readily available in pretty much any quantity you desire anywhere you go in Ibiza.

I would echo advice above to try not to overthink the small things if you can tho mate, especially when you’re on your holiday.

As someone already said, Ibiza isn’t a third world country. Bottled water is readily available in pretty much any quantity you desire anywhere you go in Ibiza.

I would echo advice above to try not to overthink the small things if you can tho mate, especially when you’re on your holiday.
I think I'll look for a two liter bottle of it somewhere. If I can find 12 of those I'll be set. They'll be hard to carry though! :)

^^ ... and behind every hotel bar and in every service station - though the 20 euro bill I got in the BP garage for a few litres did make me choke a bit :eek::rolleyes: It's what happens when you're out enjoying yourself too much to go to the supermarket and end up stocking up on your water at 2am, Could have bought at least 33cl of fanta limon in Amnesia for that sort of money :spank:

Dude, I say this in the nicest possible way, but chill out a bit. You seem to have lots of worries, from food to weather to language. Ibiza isn’t a 3rd world country- you can get everything you need.

Don’t plan your trip to the thousandth degree or you’ll end up feeling like you’ve done your trip before you even arrive. Spontaneity is what will make your time on the island, not insane amounts of planning- just go with the flow
Amen.

All these plans will go to put if they do Ibiza properly anyways.

Back