Staying Fit On Vacation

How long are you there for? A week off fitness won't hurt.

I once went with a lad who loved the gym same as me at the time. He got up every morning even after a night on the jack and jills to go to the gym, as each day passed he gradually stopped going as it was too much.

If you're there for clubbing your sleeping patterns will be effected and body dehydrated either way. My advice is eat local good food, get rest in the day in the outside by a beach or pool, thats as good as work out as any when abroad

Just want to add my 2 pence worth.

Enjoy having 6 days off from the world mate, after all it’s a holiday/vacation.

Let yourself go, be a bit wild. Do something you can look back on and say holy shit that was f***ing mental!

Plus, no cool holiday story ever starts with ‘I was eatin a salad after my yoga’ or whatever ?

Actually, in Ibiza it probably does ?‍♂️

Yea, I have my license, but I won't be driving in Spain because I'm not confident I'd be able to read any of the road signs. lol

They're all easy to read and are just directional or symbols like turn your lights on/off going through a tunnel and no stopping etc. Just like at home ! Having a car would open up a world of choices to you, allow you to easily stock up at supermarkets with whatever you needed including cheap water etc. and get easily to any restaurants or places you fancied without waiting for / paying a fortune for taxis.

Just make sure the hotel you stay at has parking if it's in PDB, San Antoni or Ibiza Town. You can use Google maps to navigate anywhere easily using your phone (n English) and the driving is very easy in May. If you rent it from the airport on-site you can save the cost of taxis to/from your accommodation. The big firms have cars in a car park literally opposite the airport terminal. The longest it takes to get from one side of the island to just about the furthest away side of the island from wherever you are on the coast is 45-50 minutes and most journeys are 20-25 mins or so (e.g. PDB to San Antoni or into Ibiza Town even allowing for traffic).

I'm guessing you would need to specify / select an automatic though as most cars in Spain are manual. They also drive on the same side of the road as in the States.

They're all easy to read and are just directional or symbols like turn your lights on/off going through a tunnel and no stopping etc. Just like at home ! Having a car would open up a world of choices to you, allow you to easily stock up at supermarkets with whatever you needed including cheap water etc. and get easily to any restaurants or places you fancied without waiting for / paying a fortune for taxis.

Just make sure the hotel you stay at has parking if it's in PDB, San Antoni or Ibiza Town. You can use Google maps to navigate anywhere easily using your phone (n English) and the driving is very easy in May. If you rent it from the airport on-site you can save the cost of taxis to/from your accommodation. The big firms have cars in a car park literally opposite the airport terminal. The longest it takes to get from one side of the island to just about the furthest away side of the island from wherever you are on the coast is 45-50 minutes and most journeys are 20-25 mins or so (e.g. PDB to San Antoni or into Ibiza Town even allowing for traffic).

I'm guessing you would need to specify / select an automatic though as most cars in Spain are manual. They also drive on the same side of the road as in the States.
That sounds very tempting, but I think I'd better stick to walking. I've never driven in Europe before. Wow. It sounds exciting though. I found a gym that's near the hotel as well, but not near enough walking (well, 20 minutes walking) called Nirvana Beach. Anyway, thanks for thinking of me.

One thing that occurs to me is that I might piss off the locals. I drive really slow, especially when I'm uncertain.

One thing that occurs to me is that I might piss off the locals. I drive really slow, especially when I'm uncertain.

Most roads are 37-40mph speed limit or less and there are radar cameras to catch speeding cars. It's only on the 2-lane "motorway" between the airport and San Antoni the limit creeps up to 50mph or in a couple of short sections 62mph, and where the taxi drivers (mainly) and 4x4s bully other cars into the slow lane because they are speeding WAY over the limit and all know where the radars and controls are (no doubt communicate with each other also).

That road is actually pretty easily largely avoided if you are nervous. I personally found people on the other roads drove fine and sensibly even in June and much slower than in previous years because of the increased controls and enforcement. Late July (and August) it is a very different story especially when Eastern Europeans and Italians arrive in large numbers driving like maniacs on foreign plates. You don;t really have that issue in May.

I usually class Ibiza as my shred week for the gym. Definitely my preferred method to rip down some body fat dance dance dance.

Take it easy mate and enjoy.

Back