Smoking

I tried eating a fag butt and ash sarnie but it didn't put me off....I had a cuppa tea and a fag afterwoods :lol:

Personally im still struggling against the dreadful nicotine,for the past year or so ive been off them but when i drink i find it virtually impossible to not smoke :cry: therefore im not completly off them and i always have a pack of Nicorette chewing gum at the ready (freshmint flavour only) in case trhe craving appears which it does quite often during the week,i started smoking over 22 years ago and it's the worst thing i ever done to be honest i wouldn't advise anyone to start smoking,good luck to those trying to quit as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was joking :eek:

I stopped for three days last week and turned into a stressed out savage.

I'll have to wait until my parents come over so they can have Lottie while I lock myself in a room....Train Spotting style.

I was joking :eek:

I stopped for three days last week and turned into a stressed out savage.

I'll have to wait until my parents come over so they can have Lottie while I lock myself in a room....Train Spotting style.

where is it your from originally Hannah if you don't mind me asking?

Personally im still struggling against the dreadful nicotine,for the past year or so ive been off them but when i drink i find it virtually impossible to not smoke :cry: therefore im not completly off them and i always have a pack of Nicorette chewing gum at the ready (freshmint flavour only) in case trhe craving appears which it does quite often during the week,i started smoking over 22 years ago and it's the worst thing i ever done to be honest i wouldn't advise anyone to start smoking,good luck to those trying to quit as well.

Just to quote Allen Carr again...

The social smoker who only smokes occasionally is in the worst position because they remain addicted to nicotine whilst constantly struggling to keep their intake down to the minimum.

Allen doesn't advocate nicotine replacement, because again, that perpetuates the addiction and you need to break free!

The social smoker who only smokes occasionally is in the worst position because they remain addicted to nicotine whilst constantly struggling to keep their intake down to the minimum.

Allen doesn't advocate nicotine replacement, because again, that perpetuates the addiction and you need to break free!

:lol: Rach have you actually got the book with you or has old Alan completely brainwashed you :lol: ;)

But I'd class myself as a social smoker, yet I dont have any cravings on a normal day, so Im not struggling to keep my intake down to a minimum. The only time I fancy a cigarette is when I have a drink, and even then I could easily go without, I don't have any addiction that means I HAVE to smoke. I could quite easily go weeks or months without a cigarette, then smoke on a night out, then go another few weeks without one. Odds are while I'm away I probably wont smoke for six months, and I wont miss it at all!

So what would Alan say about me? :twisted:

:lol: Rach have you actually got the book with you or has old Alan completely brainwashed you :lol: ;)

Also, you aren't giving up, you are stopping. To say you are "giving up" is like 'saying you are sacrificing something :lol: :lol:

I went to see Allen Carr when I was 21. It worked for a year. I eventually stopped through sheer willpower just over three years ago. Although I have slipped a bit recently :oops: and had the odd ten fags on an evening out. I hate myself for it and it does me no good whatsoever. In fact, I cannot believe I have put a ciggie to my mouth again after stopping for 3 years :oops: :evil: :oops: :twisted:

Also, you aren't giving up, you are stopping. To say you are "giving up" is like 'saying you are sacrificing something :lol: :lol:

Ah Karen, I see you're part of the cult too. :lol:

Bec, I think Allen does actually comment on people like you who can smoke socially without really getting addicted. But I can't remember what he says. :confused: I guess you're different from someone like Jonny who has had an addiction and is trying to cut down/give up.

where is it your from originally Hannah if you don't mind me asking?

Sheffield. My parents still live on the same avenue I was born. The family home is on the market though as they are emigrating to Ibiza. Sad and happy in one :cry: :)

Sheffield. My parents still live on the same avenue I was born. The family home is on the market though as they are emigrating to Ibiza. Sad and happy in one :cry: :)

That's nothing Hannah.

My parents STILL live in the same house i was born in?!?!

Funnily enough i couldn't wait to get out of there!

:lol:

I'm the worst reformed smoker probably and read a quit book etc when I gave up about 4 years ago. It didn't help me stop straight away but there was quote that I seized upon when I did have the 'light-bulb' moment one morning and decided I wouldn't smoke anymore! I thought it was true anyway (some will probably disagree but hey-ho) and it was basically saying about how when smokers want to give up they say they enjoy it etc but it goes onto say about the first cigarette you ever had and how much you didn't like it then? coughing etc... and you had to condition yourself to like it etc.... I thought this was very true as I was firm supporter of the 'enjoyment' argument too! All the books probably say this point but I thought it was helpful to me anyway!

I also had one of those plastic fags (without the nicotine thing in it) as I found it was with pint in hand where my will power always floundered!

Of course, you are right. I thought he was refering to my last post which had me perplexed. Knowing I am not the most popular person on this board made me assume the worst. :cry:

when smokers want to give up they say they enjoy it etc but it goes onto say about the first cigarette you ever had and how much you didn't like it then? coughing etc... and you had to condition yourself to like it etc.... I thought this was very true as I was firm supporter of the 'enjoyment' argument too!
Actually, that's not true at all. I quite enjoyed my first cigarette... enough so that I went out and bought myself a pack afterwards.

And I do enjoy it, and I don't want to give it up!

Back