Season 2010-11

:rolleyes: Obviously Saggy is missing the point. He's a class "A" cnut :evil:
Actually, to be honest, I kind of agree with him.
Take the emotion out of it and he's made some good points.
The main mistake the owners made was leveraging up too much, but they obviously didn't see the recession coming.

Actually, to be honest, I kind of agree with him.
Take the emotion out of it and he's made some good points.
The main mistake the owners made was leveraging up too much, but they obviously didn't see the recession coming.

Mate, don't go there. These buffoons made one promise after the next and lied through their front teeth from day one. They leveraged up too much to bail themselves out in the States after saying they wouldnt saddle the club with debt. Then never once followed throught with their promises.

Harry is talking about the decline on the pitch, which is totally irelevant to the change in ownership and their broken promises. Never mind their greed.

All LFC supporters will be glad if this deal comes of and it means they lose money. As long as the new owners keep to their promises and free us from debt, invest in the squad and new stadium, then I'll be happy.

I have to agree a little with mr redknapp and i am no fan of his at all. Do all the liverpool supporters think that somone is going to spend 300m or so buying the club and then maybe another 50 -100m investing in the team to catch up chelsea and man city and god knows how much in the new stadium!!

according to the guardian this morning if the sale goes through for 300m then the current american owners lose around 141m but the club is still left with a debt of 37m and up to date something close to 60m has been spent on whatever regarding the new stadium and a spade has not broken the earth.

truly crazy situation.

That kinda misses the point...

Before the septics took over, the club was in a stable state. They borrowed to buy it and promised further investment.

The interest on their borrowing then crippled the club and the promised investment never came.

So Harry is talking out of his anus.............. as usual.

There was an anti-american sentiment from the LFC from the beginning. You can't turn a sow ear into a silk purse.

Sorry... I just didn't want to brag about my team being 5 points clear at the top of the league, having more than twice the goal difference of our nearest competitor, and easily topping our Champions League group. :lol:

Good result in Manchester today.
Too bad Stoke couldn't hold on for the draw at home against Utd.

Sorry... I just didn't want to brag about my team being 5 points clear at the top of the league, having more than twice the goal difference of our nearest competitor, and easily topping our Champions League group. :lol:

Good result in Manchester today.
Too bad Stoke couldn't hold on for the draw at home against Utd.

Hey that's part of the fun of football, you have to enjoy when your teams on the up and take some flak when they're down.

Nice win for my beloved arsenal yesterday and i really didn't expect that.

They have changed the logo at Liverpool John Lennon Airport from "above us only sky" to "below us only west ham and wolves"

the sending off killed the game.

I still think Man City will finish above Arsenal.
The sending off was a no-brainer for the ref. I don't think it killed the game at all, though. Citeh were still very much in it for a long time.

Agreed on the latter point.

The sending off was a no-brainer for the ref. I don't think it killed the game at all, though. Citeh were still very much in it for a long time.

Agreed on the latter point.

whenever you get to eastlands and see that mr twattenberg is refereeing you know you are up against it as it will be pretty much 11 v 12. Arsenal tactices for the first 20 mins were to kick lumps out of tevez and silva at every opportunity. re the sending off it's debatable whether chamack had it sufficiently undercontrol to make a scoring opportunity, personally I think hart would have got to it :confused: I think this law, along with offside, needs to be looked at in the summer. That said I was very proud with our performance after we lost boyata, I thought we would go all Italian and shut up shop but we didnt and until 3.0 we were very much in it. The scoreline flattered arsenal. merely a blip, however I am really starting to enjoy watching David Silva, this boy is genuinely a class act!!!!

the sending off it's debatable whether chamack had it sufficiently undercontrol to make a scoring opportunity, personally I think hart would have got to it :confused: I think this law, along with offside, needs to be looked at in the summer.
Not really debatable. You can review the law in the future, but that's the rule at the moment.

Silva looking very good!

City played well and I'd agree that 3-0 flattered Arsenal, but any suggestion the ref had any choice under the laws of the game would be pure fantasy.

Professional fouls rules needs to be reviewed.

I think a penalty (if inside the box) is sufficent as a penalty is a goal scoring opprtunity. There is no gurantee the attacking player prior to the foul would have scored.

Currently the offending team are punished three times for the tackle. Penalty (could result in goal down), down to ten men and then have the player suspended for up to 3 games which is more than some legbreaking challenges that go totally unpunished. Some goal celebrations are punished more than some challenges work that one out.

It was a clumsy challenge and according to the rules had to go. Can't blame the ref for that one. Shame as it did ruin a potentialy good game.

Who can forget Tony Gale being sent off against Forest in the FA cup semi final with Gary Crosby about 40 yards from goal and going away from it? Keith Hackett will never be forgiven for that. Fat sh1t.

Back