Season 2010-11

He had a good point about this.

They ask him on TV 4 minutes after the match what he thought of the decision and he told them straight up. Then as a result, the league is threatening to charge him for complaining about the decision.

Don't ask the question if you don't want an honest answer, right?

my thoughts entirely johnny

Didn't you post (or 'like') something on Faceache about only being 3 points behind Spurs? Seems like you thought that was a good position to be in!
(An ironic sentiment in its own right :lol:)

We are 3 points behind spurs. But it doesnt change the fact we have had our worst start to a season in like 50 years. At the end of the day the current manager (and the previous one also) shouldnt really be talking about previous regimes or mistakes by previous managers.

Didn't you post (or 'like') something on Faceache about only being 3 points behind Spurs? Seems like you thought that was a good position to be in!
(An ironic sentiment in its own right :lol:)

oh the ambition of the scousers now compared to the end of 2 seasons ago...:lol:

He had a good point about this.

They ask him on TV 4 minutes after the match what he thought of the decision and he told them straight up. Then as a result, the league is threatening to charge him for complaining about the decision.

Don't ask the question if you don't want an honest answer, right?

Who asked him the question on TV Morbs?

Was it a person working for the tv channel or the premier league/FA?

We are 3 points behind spurs. But it doesnt change the fact we have had our worst start to a season in like 50 years. At the end of the day the current manager (and the previous one also) shouldnt really be talking about previous regimes or mistakes by previous managers.

No should concnetrate on what he has to do rather than passing the buck.

Average Grant came out with a classic last week. I wouldn't be worried if we was in this position at the end of April! :eek:

Who asked him the question on TV Morbs?

Was it a person working for the tv channel or the premier league/FA?
The league requires the club to send people (usually manager and 1-2 players) for interviews with a match's broadcast rights holders, in this case Sky. And no sensible person would expect a Sky journalist not to ask the question. Harry's point still very valid.

In any case, it's a mute point. The league let it go, as they should have.

Does Fergie talk to BBC yet? Don't think he does. Not sure if Harry does either after he was investigated by Panorama?

My point to that is that I don't think that this rule is actually enforced.

Some managers just like the sound of their own voice and are media vultures whether it be on Sky moaning i'm just a couple players short or i'd like to sign him we'll see what the chairman can do blah blah /Sun Columns talking about every player who he is not interested in or flamming Mario Kart Wii adverts.

The point is all he has to say like some managers do 'is no comment' instead of throwing his rattle of his pram. The same rattle he threw out when he was refered to by a reporter as 'wheeler dealer manager' on the day before the transfer window shut. Yet 24 hours after the transfer window shut who is still 'wheeling and dealing'?

I'm not really disputing what he said was right or wrong I think if he refused to do interviews it would be a bonus. Just the newspapers and adverts to go hey?

Besides anyway what does old Harry about honest answers anyway? His name is not even Harry!!:lol:

Besides Harry could also send out any one of his number 2s?

Kevin Bond, Joe Jordon, Clive Allen, Tim Sherwood, Les Ferdinand, Tony Parks.

More number two's than the bogs in my local curry house!
:lol:

I'm pretty sure it is, although there's always the option to send out an assistant coach. The club might take some flack, but it wouldn't violate their deal.

Really? What's his real name?!

For the past seven years Ferguson has been the only manager in the league not to talk to newspaper reporters after league games, giving interviews only to Sky and Manchester United's in-house television station, MUTV. The plan was to make it mandatory for a manager or senior member of the coaching staff to hold a press conference, but that will probably not be introduced until the 2011-12 season.

Found that online. Didn't think Fergie had made up with the bbc yet and didn't think old 'Henry' did either. Did goriila head (Allardyce) also stop for a while?

No shifting Fergie. :lol:

However, under new Premiership rules intended for the 2010–11 season, Ferguson will apparently be required to end his BBC boycott. Ferguson has however refused to end his boycott and Manchester United will pay the resulting fines.

Before making a new thread, thought I may ask in here.

Were 'nangs' or Nitrous Oxide balloons available in clubs in Ibiza this season? Mates had a fair few at Amnesia in 09, however I didn't think I saw any this year.

:lol:
The title of the thread refers to football, not the clubbing season :lol:

But t answer your question: the NO balloon station in Amnesia was gone this year, although I do think I saw a roving balloon person at some point.

Back