San Antonio gets Tough

so.

if this gets passed are we likely to see machinery in front of del mar, mambos etc, thus ruining the sunset for those who want to go and watch it.

i just noticed that the sketch is from the new project (not the old one) so the answer
to your question is definitively yes!! :(

pict0029.jpg

i dont understand that there are no people from ibiza ( ;) ), who are protesting against those horrible plans. IBIZENCOS WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there were lots of protests against the new mooring dyke in ibiza town and there you have
it!! :confused:

19.jpg

(why are you destroying ibiza?)

vienna said:
people from ibiza ( ;) )

;) :D ;)

i was tramping up and down
all around from town to town
meeting people of every kind
some were good and some were bad
some were happy others sad
never know who you'll find
i've never met people like my friends
from wonderland
such a crazy band like my friends
from wonderland

people from ibiza people from ibiza
653.gif

boys from wonderland
dancing on the sand
people from ibiza people from ibiza
653.gif

girls from wonderland

living like a hobo
like a spanish lobo
ibiza is still on my mind
different places every day
every time a different way
to choose to be on the loose
i've never met people like my friends
from wonderland
such a crazy band like my friends
from wonderland

than its to late,.....Im so happy, that I knew ibiza in the 80ies,...so i can close my eyes and remember the brill times,.... 8)

por qué nos rompeis ibiza means why are you destroying/breaking ibiza!! :idea:

that graffiti was in illa plana before they built the new mooring dyke :!:

eivissa_006.jpg

This seems a much better idea to the plan that is in progress at the moment.

A group of house wives have got together in Sant Antoni to start a petition to ask the Mayor to turn the derelict area of land, known as Ses Variades, into an urban park equipped with walk areas & gardens as well as sports & recreational installations for residents & visitors of all ages. These mothers already have over 1000 signatures & want the Council to buy this land off the present owners whilst it is still classified as rural land, which means it is valued at less than if it is classified as building land.

Those signing the petition want Ses Variades turned into a super park containing such things as gardens, play grounds, cycle tracks, jogging circuits, a skate area, a huge open air swimming pool & sun terraces like the one in Port de la Cruz in Tenerife, a multiuse covered sports hall & other facilities which would be an attractive day time recreational activity for the town.

These mothers argue that this is the last area of undeveloped land left in the heart of Sant Antoni which has the added advantage of bordering on the sea. It is 5 minutes from any where within the town & can act as an added attraction for all the small hotels & pensions which cannot provide such facilities for their guests in the same way as the larger hotels in the town. The Mothers argue that by converting Ses Variades into an urban park the authorities would be fulfilling a need for the residents of the town & improving the quality of our tourist offer.

www.theibizasun.net

forget about it robo - the mayor is against that park!! :eek:

McRackin said:
the reform of the law (probably approved next tuesday) will allow to build 600 apartments for
1800 persons and a port for about 300 moorings (supposedly to attract tourists with higher
purchasing power :rolleyes: )

as expected the parlament balear approved yesterday the controversial reform that will allow
a higher buildability in the pitiüsas islands (ibiza and formentera). it will affect to lots of lands
that were protected until now - including ses variades :!:

do you remember this? :rolleyes:

Robo said:
and the installation of CCTV cameras at various points to help control the problems of drug
dealing and public order

the san antonio council plans to spend between 30.000 and 60.000 € to buy the equipment -
due to begin operating next summer :!:

in related news - next summer there will be 12 new policemen in the streets of san antonio :!:

Sant.jpg

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
the reform of the law (probably approved next tuesday) will allow to build 600 apartments for 1800 persons and a port for about 300 moorings (supposedly to attract tourists with higher purchasing power :rolleyes: )

as expected the parlament balear approved yesterday the controversial reform that will allow a higher buildability in the pitiüsas islands (ibiza and formentera). it will affect to lots of lands that were protected until now - including ses variades :!:

does this mean that buildings before were only allowed to be built up to a certian height if they were by the sea.

only i ask this because in cala Llonga all of the buildings that are by the beach, or all the same height, apart from the hotels.

McRackin said:
will allow a higher buildability

not higher in height but in number!! :idea:

what i meant is that it will be easier to build houses near the sea, in the mountains, etc!! :evil:

McRackin said:
the proposed new port would be built from in front of the old building next to coastline cafe
to in front of the bars in the sunset strip :!:

and as the ibiza sun says - Under this plan, it appears that none of the natural area &
vegetation or the impressive views of the sunset would remain unless you were in the
top floor of one of these luxurious apartments
!! :(

IB-322.jpg

McRackin said:
and as the ibiza sun says - Under this plan, it appears that none of the natural area &
vegetation or the impressive views of the sunset would remain unless you were in the
top floor of one of these luxurious apartments
!! :(

mambo's and del mar etc, must be furious! what are gonna do, they can't close! think how much the toruism could drop in san an.

Back