San Antonio gets Tough

that will ruin the strip.
How can we get organized?

Robo, wouldnt it be an idea to make some sort of protest via Ibiza spotlight and send to the fools who have decided this. When do they intend to build the darn thing?
The strip and the cafées will be ruined1

I´d do anything to avoid this!

McRackin said:
Robo said:
and the installation of CCTV cameras at various points to help control the problems of drug dealing and public order

the san antonio council plans to spend between 30.000 and 60.000 € to buy the equipment - due to begin operating next summer :!:

they are also interested in the neighbourhood watch. apparently this system is already
used in the uk? :rolleyes:

cctv.gif

Robo said:
Ibiza-girlie said:
i dont understand a word!

From what i understand if you are sitting at mambo's, cafe del mar, savannah etc. You will not see the sunset!

nobody said that - you would still see the sunset!! :lol:

if you are sitting in marina botafoch you can still see the port of ibiza town - even if lots of
boats come and go!! ;)

Robo said:
Superstara said:
It's going to be crowded at Kanya/Sunsea/Coastline

no, i believe the building work is going to be happening there as well.

no :!:

the new port has been planned in ses variades - not in caló des moro!! :idea:

taken from the ibiza sun:

Sant Antoni has officially been awarded a Plan of Excellence tourist improvement system of funding by the Madrid Central Government & the Balearic Government this year. The plan awarded to Sant Antoni will be an extension of the plan for the Cala de Bou area, awarded last year, & will eventually see a fabulous tree lined pedestrianised boulevard stretching from the Sea View Hotel at Port des Torrent right the way up to the Egg roundabout in Sant Antoni. Within the Sant Antoni part of the plan there is also incorporated the demolition of the old "Idea" disco, the creation of a botanical park at Punta de Moli, a Sea Faring Museum at Coves Blanques, a gardened area where the present tourist buses park & the rebuilding of the fishing jetty in front of the Nitos Press Kiosk.

Apart from the Plan of Excellence projects the Council are going to build a new road link between the new roundabout by the old Sa Tanca Disco to connect to the roundabout by the Bay Petrol station. This road link is needed so that the traffic flow can be diverted from the Avenida Dr Fleming & Cala de Bou & Es Calo roads so that these can be converted in to the aforementioned boulevard.

561086.jpg

after the good news more bad news:

McRackin said:
as expected the parlament balear approved yesterday the controversial reform that will allow
a higher buildability in the pitiüsas islands (ibiza and formentera). it will affect to lots of lands
that were protected until now - including ses variades :!:

another protected land that they gonna destroy in san antonio is the area of cap blanc in
cala gració (where the aquarium is situated). now they are allowed to build in that area
houses for 382 persons!! :evil:

McRackin said:
the president of the consell insular (pere palau) will support making that land buidable and the construction of a new port!!

Pere Palau, President of the Consell Island Government, was elected this year's enemy of the earth at the annual dinner celebrated by the "Friends of the Earth Association" on the island. Palau got this award for his support of planning law changes which will allow more building to take place on the island & leave large areas of the island's natural environment unprotected.

(taken from the ibiza sun)

congratulations!! :twisted:

more changes planned for san antonio:

in an interview published yesterday on diario de ibiza the san antonio mayor (josé sala) said
that they are interested again in the old project of creating a new promenade to connect the
town (from caló des moro i suppose) to cala gració!! :eek:

IB-320.jpg

McRackin said:
a new promenade to connect the town (from caló des moro i suppose) to cala gració!!

along this coast!! :eek:

IB-319.jpg

in related news - expect to see a new block of apartments on the land between sol bahia
and costa mar!! :confused:

Mc

do you mean the new block of apartments next to the sea? :rolleyes:

bad of course!! :eek:

that area should be protected against new ugly buildings :!:

2003-12-28_IMG_2003-12-21_00.05.07__1-EDRENR-20122003.JPG

Back