San Antonio gets Tough

Robo said:
A group of house wives have got together in Sant Antoni to start a petition to ask the Mayor
to turn the derelict area of land, known as Ses Variades, into an urban park equipped with
walk areas & gardens as well as sports & recreational installations for residents & visitors of
all ages. These mothers already have over 1000 signatures
around 3000 at the moment!! :eek:

2004-01-23_IMG_2004-01-16_01.05.12__29-EDRENR-16012004.JPG

What the hell is happening to Ibiza?
this pisses me off...
Cameras in the west end...clubs closing earlier...the brutal murder off Wips with the alcohol law...
This is proper shit...I'm so angry...They are taking away all good things...
Ibiza will die :cry:

McRackin said:
what is for sure is that there is interest in a transformation of san antonio - including better
bars in the west end. have you been in plastik (previously known as plastic fantastic) or in
the recently opened lola (in front of la noche)? both are really cool!! :p
here are pictures of both:

28642744-ab8d-02000180-.jpg

29192183-70b9-02000180-.jpg

every friday and saturday lola have their cerveza de marihuana parties (hemp beer)!! :eek:

see you in the bar!! :p

colegota.gif

McRackin said:
CircoLoco said:
Cameras in the west end...
according to diario de ibiza the council expects to receive next week the legal report to confirm the legality of the cameras!! :idea:
diario de ibiza reports today that they already received the necessary documents
confirming that they can install the cameras!! :eek:

they plan to buy 5 or 6 cameras for this summer (to be installed in ses variades,
west end, etc) and if it works, some more next year!! :eek:

(maybe jack or sean would like to comment about this news :rolleyes: )

2004-02-09_IMG_2004-02-02_00.05.09__9-EDRENR-1022004.JPG

isnt lola the old escapades and 18 - 30 haunt beachcombers??

Re:

Nightout here,
You bet its got something too do with security...

I'm gone.
:arrow: :idea: :eek: :evil:

McRackin said:
they plan to buy 5 or 6 cameras for this summer (to be installed in ses variades, west end, etc)
today diario de ibiza reports that of those 6 cameras they plan to install 4 in the west end
and that they want them to be operating 24 hours a day!! :eek:

2004-02-10_IMG_2004-02-03_00.10.08__53-EDRENR-3022004.JPG

friggin' 'ell, is this post still going...... :confused:

I wonder if they'll be 'Speed' cameras? :confused: :lol:

I haven't read this thread until today and might I say... WOW!!

So many changes happening to San An... pretty much none are good. If I can't enjoy a San Mig and a Marlboro while watching the Sunset at CC or Mambo, etc... I'll be pissed. As for the cameras... don't like that idea at all.

Only good aspect of this thread... McRackin's pictures. Makes me wish even harder that August 1 came sooner!

Terry

I reckon it's McRackin who's setting all these cameras up so he get can get some more quality photos without leaving the comfort of his own finca. ;)

gecko2 said:
I reckon it's McRackin who's setting all these cameras up so he get can get some more quality photos without leaving the comfort of his own finca. ;)

good point gecko, bet that's EXACTLY what he's doin :lol: :lol:

McRackin said:
today diario de ibiza reports that of those 6 cameras they plan to install 4 in the west end
and that they want them to be operating 24 hours a day!!
better explained:

Sant Antoni Town Council this week finally put through all the paper work they needed
to present to be able to install, in approximately 2 months time, 6 CCTV cameras. 4 will
be in the West End area of the town & the other 2 will most likely be on the sea front
promenade. Costing 32,000€ the system should go along way in stopping petty crime
within the town & make the tourists & residents both feel safer. The films recorded by
the camera have to be destroyed within one month if they are not needed by the Police
or courts. The films can be used as evidence in all penal cases & only used in civil or
administrative cases if the offence is classed as "grave". The Ibiza Sun understands this
to mean that the Police will be able to use the film evidence to arrest an illegal street
seller if he or she has repeatedly committed the offence & for this reason the offence
has been classified as no longer a minor offence but as "grave". In the case of offences
such as muggings & drug dealing then, the films will be admissible evidence straight
away.
The CCTV cameras will be a fixed model with a wide objective lens which will be in
operation 24 hours a day & by law there must be signs warning the public that the
system is in operation.

(taken from the ibiza sun)

Sant Antoni Town Council & Shop Keepers Want New Image For Centre Of Town.
The shop keepers in Sant Antoni & the Town Council are seeking financial help from all quarters to set up a plan to reform the historic centre of the town. The idea seems to be to change all the streets in this area into pedestrinised, cobbled walk ways with all the light & telephone cables as well as other basic services put underground leaving a tasteful, quality image for the central streets.
Using modern publicity methods & the newly created web site about the available shopping services in the town, the Sant Antoni Town Council & the shop beepers want to make the inner, historical area as busy for shopping al year round as the nearby "West End" is for night life. All concerned expect the changes to take place slowly & will be starting with the Calle Ample Street as soon as possible.
At the same time the council announced that they are already working on cleaning up & giving a face lift to the gardens in the town & in particular the palm trees on the sea front. Al the showers are being fixed & more will be installed at other beaches whilst old railway sleepers will be used to make original & attractive invalid beach access ramps. The Town Council are hoping the Consell Island Government will pay for these improvements & are also looking at ways of hiding the rubbish disposal points around the town from public view or at least making them look better.

Bay7.jpg

Sant Antonio Plan Of Excellence Gets Money.
The idea to extend the Cala de Bou Plan of Excellence Boulevard up to the petrol station roundabout in Sant Antoni & on to the egg roundabout moved a step forward this week when the funding was agreed. The Madrid Central Government, the Balearic Government & the Town Hall will contribute equally over 2.1m€ over the next 3 years to carry out the plan. Apart from making a pedestrian boulevard the Sant Antoni plan envisages making a botanical exhibition & garden in the Punta des Moli area of the town & sets cash aside to buy the derelict Idea disco & turn it to some other use. At the moment it looks like Idea will be knocked down & turned into a public park but there are also those who would prefer to see it become part of a golf course they would like build in this area.

2004-03-07_IMG_2004-02-29_01.00.02__61-EDRENR-29022004.JPG

Sant Antoni Promenade Link Starts.
The area between the sea side promenade & the fountains promenade in Sant Antoni is now being reorganised. Work started this week in claiming back some land from the sea so that the sea side promenade can be extended to join with the fountains promenade. In front of this section of new promenade an artificial beach area is going to be made & equipped with wooden walk ways to access the sea.
When this phase of the work is completed, the 2 car parks & tourist train & bus stop that have existed for over 20 years by the Egg roundabout will disappear & be turned into a gardened park area. New car parking will be created by the derelict structure known as the "idea disco" on the Avenida Dr Fleming & the tourist buses & train will be able to stop briefly at a new covered bus stop which will be built at the edge of the park area. They will also be able to stop for longer at the proposed site of the new bus station for the town in the Calle Londres near the football ground.
The whole transformation project will take 12 months to complete but work will cease once the tourist season gets under way & start again next autumn.

2004-03-19_IMG_2004-03-12_02.15.02__68-EDRENR-12032004.JPG

Back