San Antonio gets Tough

well Nish, see thing is that the government have decided: ok it´s the brits making all the trouble, which they - to a certain extent mind you - aren´t mistaken. San An. would be a far better place without them brits, not the kind like you who come for the clubbing and for the music . but the kinda people who might as well be staying in Magaluf or in Tenerife for all i know.
Something has to be done to clean up the reputation and a little damagecontrol is needed, so yeah: in order to avoid those who want all the freebies and the cheep lager - they have to put up the prices to get a more well behaved audience. I think the lager louts and the lookie lookie men are all the same to me, sorry..i just do........they give the place a bad reputation, beating eachother up inthe streets, throwing eachother off the balcony. We laughed so hard, because of the warning signs in out hotel saying that you couldnt climb up the balcony and that the hotel wouldnt be responsible + the hotel had a pricelist of all the inventory!! my god!!!! it that REALLY necessary, i mean. thethefunk is going through those people´s minds??

I know there are many nice and calmer brits on this forum who dont fall off balconies or go puking in the streets, but i wouldnt mind the prices going up just a tad so that I as a girl can walk through San An without being afraid of getting my yop ripped off my some lager idiot - or getting spit on by some idiots standing on the balcony: go home!

Ibiza-girlie said:
I know there are many nice and calmer brits on this forum who dont fall off balconies or go puking in the streets
I think you will find the majority of people from UK on this forum don't fall off balconies or throw up in the streets :rolleyes:

yeah that was what I was referring to, I´d never state anything differently - which is why I don´t think people would feel a great loss if those lager louts stayed clear of "our" territory......

Ibiza-girlie said:
yeah that was what I was referring to, I´d never state anything differently - which is why I don´t think people would feel a great loss if those lager louts stayed clear of "our" territory......

I don't think it's should be classified as anyone's territory, as far as I'm concerned they can do what they want in San Antonio, I never stay there, at a push I will spend one night at Kuhmaras in a 2 week holiday and that's the only time I venture over to that side of the island.

well as you know - and probably the rest of you - I care for that place, it has MANY good places to eat and if one bothers to take a stroll just 5 minutes away from all the pavement cracks and the demolished buildings - then the area is actually quite pretty. That place could be so much better than filled with lager louts as it is now. But we already know this so let´s not get into that discussion again hehe ;)

Ibiza-girlie said:
well as you know - and probably the rest of you - I care for that place, it has MANY good places to eat and if one bothers to take a stroll just 5 minutes away from all the pavement cracks and the demolished buildings - then the area is actually quite pretty. That place could be so much better than filled with lager louts as it is now. But we already know this so let´s not get into that discussion again hehe ;)

Yeah but if you don't like certain aspects of it, why stay there/go there, up until 2000 I often spent nights down at Mambos etc but I find it really beer-boyish these days, hence I don't go there anymore. At the end of the day the island is big enough for everyone.

Jesus H Christ... They tried such "crackdowns" here (my area, i'm NOT from NYC!) ... usually within a year they give up because they are loosing so bad. Sure, they'll arrest a few dealers and the such, but the surviving dealers get smart and out smart the cops. what a bunch of shit. plus any club they close down ANOTHER WILL OPEN, TWICE AS BAD!

It's just an area to get drunk, take some real good X (MUCH better than the owl shit we have in the states), fight some loudmouth and f*** some English girl you met at one of the clubs who's name you don't know. That's all. Just people having a good time, and what's so wrong with that?

MARK MY WORDS, JOHNNY LAW, YOU'LL LOSE!!!! F*** tha police!

problem is I like the sunset strip but I wont stop going there just because the lager louts go there, they cant ruin the beauty of the sunset imo nomatter how drunk they get, once you´re there!

At the expense of sounding like a totally ignorant jackass, what is a lout?

loud screaming beer belly boy, not so charming, usually wears a football shirt and dont mind picking a fight or getting drunk beyond belief in Ibeeefa!

clubs, beaches, eateries, bar and general feelign should attract enough "good business" to maintain the island

that would almost be true, but the trouble is so many crappy restaurants, bars and shops have sprung up on the island in the last few years hoping to make a buck.

this season and the next few are needed to weed this out, so ibiza can gain some sort of equilibrium with less people having to finance less island businesses.

i have to say from a personal POV, the prices really don't need to go any higher :eek:

on another note, found out a very interesting fact this week - almost all of ibiza's legal hotels and apartments are just as full now as in august - but anyone who is here at the moment will tell you that there are only half as many people on the streets and on the beaches as in august.

so where do all the people stay in august?? vis a vis in illegal accommodation.

yet, all the businesses are complaining that august is the only month in which they make money - so.... a.k.a for you

ths island economy is being artifically kept afloat by the 1000s of illegal beds which allow so many people to be here in august - what a catch 22 situation for the government ;-)

all i can say is i am glad i am not a politician

a common rule when you go travelling is to mainly steer clear of the restaurants need the harbour/water area - this is a rule that applies well for greece at least and for san an, im not sure about Ibiza town however

f***! This post hs been busy and pissed so goma male a quick reply. IG As much as I love ya gotta agree with Babs on this one. It shouldnt be classed as territory and theres enough beer boys on the island as it is (f*** u very much Ibiza uncovered!).
#
If they start putting these rules up and regulating the west end too much more beer boys might start coming to proper clubs (Pacha, Space, Amnesia, DC10 etc ) -(IMO). And then trouble might erupt in the clubs or outside- especially with the club being forced to shut at a certain time and then having hoards of clubbers and beer boys outside trying to grab the 2 or 3 taxis which come by every 30mins!

Ibiza's main problem (I think) at the mo i s the prices! There are some beer boys in clubs, but they dont cause trouble on a big level so its all good.

Sunset strip IS the best thing bout san an (IMO). Tho im not sure if any changes would be better for it. :?:

Remember I am pissed so will correct any f*** ups when sober

XXXXX

Ibiza-girlie said:
a common rule when you go travelling is to mainly steer clear of the restaurants need the harbour/water area - this is a rule that applies well for greece at least and for san an, im not sure about Ibiza town however
so does that mean we stay clear of the sunset strip for eating, and my favourite place in San An, Villa Mercedes ????? :confused: you have some strange rules I-G :confused:

james said:
on another note, found out a very interesting fact this week - almost all of ibiza's legal hotels and apartments are just as full now as in august - but anyone who is here at the moment will tell you that there are only half as many people on the streets and on the beaches as in august.

so where do all the people stay in august?? vis a vis in illegal accommodation.

What do you mean by illegal hotels, and how do you know which ones are illegal?

Back