Resistance 2018

Good for u I had to fight with 5-8 rude Italians along Cox set 1rst row
Staff told me to calm down(I shouted as damned to show them my anger ,better this than a killing hand karate move :lol:) even though I were the victim
I nearly wanted to throw some cellphone in the air from those Italians with their cellphone in the air.
Got it filmed by be at Tv,I m curious if I can see my self makin some finger gesture upon those cellphone up in the air :spank:
I spot u and other Italian from the group and one UK spotlight too by chance..

Did he remember you from.kumharus

I dunno, you know how he is. He tries to like not care.

Digweed was pretty friendly tho. He's the one that grabbed my covers after they were basically done

So yeah last night I basically stayed in the Vista room and it was comfy there. You could use the door by the booth to get to the main room and get behind the booth there. This section was closed off last week but open this week.

Eats played for 3 hours after S and D. It all ended at 7.

For me fun, it wasn’t mind blowing, but a really good time, because A. Got to experience Privi for first time since 2002 and got to show husband “the biggest club” blah, blah, blah... B. Got to see S&D together for first time since last disappointing set years ago. C. Not overcrowded, there were pockets where you could actually dance if you wanted. D. There were enough older peeps in attendance I didn’t feel like a presumed pedofile just for being there, but rather just an older dj junkie that was there for the music. E. Saw a bit of Jamie jones and what he is about....all in all a good eve for sure! Unfortunately husband said enough is enough after S&D, and although in the moment I definitely wanted to stay, this morning I agreed with the ademencidity of his last nights decision. :) So sorry just realized on iPad there is no spell check on this, so my apologies for my terrible spelling! One other side note, the lasers were great, but the continuous head on the screen got really annoying...do something more or nothing at all, but the same head for 3 hours is toooo much!

Last edited:
sooo...how was last night? I didn‘t make it :(

I was a bit mixed re Tuesday night, got there for 11 to catch a bit of CC / Fanciulli, vista was choka which I don’t mind at all, main draw for me was S&D being the fan boy I am:D. but as much as I heard some awesome music in their set I wasn’t really connecting with it as a whole and kept going for wanders into the other room i.e I was maybe getting slightly bored at points :eek:, this is the 4th time I’ve been to see them since they started playing again and this has been my least favorite. Both times I saw them at resistance last year was ace and the Glasgow gig was spot on too.

Coxy in the main room, not my type of techno but I have been to quite a few of his gigs and can totally get into it and have a cracking time, again there was plenty good moments but I wasn’t fully connecting with the set as a whole.

That maybe sounds like I didn’t enjoy myself, I did but maybe just not as much as I had hope for, perhaps being up at 2am to travel to the airport and heading out on not much sleep had an effect on my night, not that I felt sleep at the gig :D, and we stayed right until kicking out time :cool:.

Looking forward to Sven and Koze at Destino tonight.

One thing I did kinda notice is a minority of shitty attitudes, slight minor aggression perhaps with 2 or 3 people when making way through the main room.

For me fun, it wasn’t mind blowing, but a really good time....

Nice review, if I were on the island this year I would be going for the same exact reason just to check out Privi mostly as I only started going to Ibiza around 2012 and it was a total ghost town at that point. Resistance lineups weren't all that impressive to me for the most part but pretty much exactly as expected they would be. And as for you getting to check out Jamie Jones, sorry to hear that lol, I always seem to bash him but he is the maybe the most boring, monotonous dj I've ever heard IMHO especially for the clout that he has.

Reactions: Liv
Nice review, if I were on the island this year I would be going for the same exact reason just to check out Privi mostly as I only started going to Ibiza around 2012 and it was a total ghost town at that point. Resistance lineups weren't all that impressive to me for the most part but pretty much exactly as expected they would be. And as for you getting to check out Jamie Jones, sorry to hear that lol, I always seem to bash him but he is the maybe the most boring, monotonous dj I've ever heard IMHO especially for the clout that he has.

Seconded. He’s garbage.

there are two types of djs

the first gets you high

the second doesnt

and JJ is for sure part of the 2nd squad beside dubfire ofcourse :D

JJ b2b with Joseph Captriai at destino last week was the epidome of boring techno. I endured it for 3 hours, it was obvious the music wasn't going to change. There's no peaks or valleys. JJ was better than when I saw him last time solo but still.

I'm sad to say this too, but Amelie Lens went into that same territory a little at Circo Loco this past week

Surprised about the comments on Jones - I have seen him about 4 times now and he has always played a disco/funky tech house style of sound. I personally really rate him.

Dubfire and Capriati play very heavy bass sets that can become a little monotonous to dance to imo

Techno is boring. Its for bedroom nerds that can't dance and are scared of girls.. always was,always will..sausage house..

Techno is boring. Its for bedroom nerds that can't dance and are scared of girls.. always was,always will..sausage house..

Solomun and Dixon was packed with girls, Resistance last week which was techno sludge fest brought out the girls.

Rave music in general isn't sexually charged as urban music so harder to do the girl thing but we're moving into a tangent

Solomun and Dixon was packed with girls, Resistance last week which was techno sludge fest brought out the girls.

Rave music in general isn't sexually charged as urban music so harder to do the girl thing but we're moving into a tangent
Dixon and solly,thats not techno... and jamie Jones is and always was *a busted flush* as we say in Ireland...:)

Back