Resistance 2018

View attachment 5432

Got it from FB. 2 hours for S and D? Right

I'm going for Carl's Bday too and am expecting Privilege to collapse. It all starts at 10. Hoping S and D play for 3. They could easily do Cox and Nic 10 to 1, S and D 1-4, and eats 4 to close

cox & nic will certainly play last that night. also, the main room didn‘t open until 12 last night

cox & nic will certainly play last that night. also, the main room didn‘t open until 12 last night

You think they will close the vista room? They both have sets in the main room. I assumed the same as @Nobbie Q that they would open that room to get punters in early, then S&D with EE closing. I was hoping that would be the case anyway otherwise its going to be that way anyway... I wanted peak time S&D whilst Coxy or JJ played in the other room and pulled the crowds to make it comfortable for the proper heads in Vista.

You think they will close the vista room? They both have sets in the main room. I assumed the same as @Nobbie Q that they would open that room to get punters in early, then S&D with EE closing. I was hoping that would be the case anyway otherwise its going to be that way anyway... I wanted peak time S&D whilst Coxy or JJ played in the other room and pulled the crowds to make it comfortable for the proper heads in Vista.

right OK, now I understand. yeah on 31st july it could probably look something like this:

main room:

eric powell 12-1
nic f 1 - 2:30
jamie jones 2:30-4
coxy 4- close

vista club:

coxy & nic 10-12/1
sasha & diggers 12/1-4
eats 4-close

this is just my assumption on things guys, no guarantee eh.

That's pretty much exactly how I saw the evening going myself and if it does pan out that way I would be over the moon. Fingers crossed!

FB_IMG_1531902936020.jpg
It says it's listed by running order so it does look we're gonna get Sasha and Digweed at peak time and the settimes could be what me and Stivi were thinking.

Yo Stivi, just tell the Resistance guys we want 3 hours of S and D at least!

Super helpful- thank you so much! We had a late dinner reservation based on how late everything usually starts, but all of this timeline info helps out very much! I'd love to say we could last to close, but unfortunately these days that's unusual. So now just need to re-adjust dinner revs. earlier so we can see all of our faves, sleep, and get up in time for the beach the next day:) OHH Ibiza- I LOVE YOU!!

Last edited:
Not to derail the convo at all, but I am really excited to see S&D sort of together again, at least they are playing B2B, yet don't want to get too excited about them, because the first time I saw them together was at an epic night at SPACE, I think 2001- Sasha's bday. But then last time I saw them together was in Seattle, US, years ago, and that night was awful- or at least their energy was...I have seen them both individually since then, Diggers at Pacha residency for a couple of years in Ibiza and at many other events previously, he always in my mind produces solid good stuff and I always have a great time, though last time I saw Sasha YEARS ago, he literally took out his laptop and pressed PLAY...I swore that was the last time I would ever spend money to see Sasha...haven't seen him since. So VERY curious to see what this Resistance will be like...

Last night then. Overall, a positive experience. The operation is slick - very professional, as you would expect from Ultra. Numbers wise, busy - but far from packed out. The night peaked at around 3am with a bit of a bottle neck coming down the stairs from Vista into the main room, and spilling onto the right hand side of the dance floor. But there really was plenty of space elsewhere - and lots of spots where you felt the benefit of the aircon.
Musically, this line-up was probably my least favourite on paper they have all season, so perhaps I'm not best placed to comment much, but I found it lacking. Not helped by bad (in my view) set-times. (Poor Woolford!) Him getting shafted aside, sandwiching Joris between Dense & Pika and CDW was bizarre. CDW smashed it again, but surely that sunset rise was better suited to Joris? Also, the main room ending with Seth. I'm no fan - and I know he has his diehards, but I really couldn't get into it enough. Still some great music played. But room for improvement. Better dates incoming!

Will he want to work ob his birthday:confused:
Well considering its not actually CC's birthday- his bday is July 29th- and he's already working that night already..but my point was I was just hoping the venue might realize if they open it earlier there might be less chaos later to get in...even if no one is DJing and good music is just playing and peeps can grab a drink and get their bearings before the crazy...just a thought so it isn't AS NUTZ at the door later on...

As a sidenote, the production was genuinely really good. But some of it - like the acrobats - felt very disengaging. Almost thrown together last minute. They didn't fill me with confidence up there! :lol:

Last edited:
Back