Latest Football Transfers

I am only indulging in this argument with you for my own enjoyment. If I had anything better to do I would not even consider such ridiculous opinions and challenging of something so harmless and pathetic.

A sense of superiority indicative of a sociopath my shrink friend would say. let me guess..you did a module at uni on racism ergo rise above your inferiors like an eagle.

Or a great big pot head who believes himself to be far brighter than he actually is. my moneys on the later.

put the joints out, your getting confused.

hit reply...in about 150 games...are we CONVINCED he is the man?

I am not saying he is not however, just not 100% convinced.

for me we need another striker of his calibre also. all our strikers now are very physical, strong, technical decent.

voronin, torres, kuyt and crouch (bellamy??) is streets ahead of kuyt and crouch and bellamy and fowler.

this is just another building block i reckon, you can't be serious with crouch and pennant and the like in your side.

happy with earnshaw, if howard manages to cope in the prem he could be a good feeder for earnshaw

for me we need another striker of his calibre also. all our strikers now are very physical, strong, technical decent.

voronin, torres, kuyt and crouch (bellamy??) is streets ahead of kuyt and crouch and bellamy and fowler.

this is just another building block i reckon, you can't be serious with crouch and pennant and the like in your side.

It would be a real shame to see Crouch sat on the bench for the best part of next season. I am willing to risk the ridicule from some by saying tha the big fella was badly under used last season. I like Kuyt and he works hard but I don't think he will score 20 a season in the prem. I've not seen an waful lot of Voronin but is he not similar to Kuyt/Crouch?

Sad to see Louie going too. His goals against Chelsea were worth the money paid for him alone.

When will people learn? When the referee says it's a goal it's a goal.:)

Great review Morbyd. We will have to give Diva a go this year.
I know.... I know... yes, you're right.... it just still hurts! :lol: (especially as we had to take our pre-booked trip to Istanbul anyway :spank:)

Thanks re: review. Do give Diva a chance as they've done the place up nicely.... really need more people though.

this thread has confirmed some things for me.

1.super polack is a very frustrated type, that clearly has some issues. i feel sorry for him that he has to kick off all the time on here, although i do find it amusing.

2. jonny is clueless about football, gives celtic fans a bad name and is pretty narrow minded (based on his sturbonness to accept that anything other than what he believes to be right can actually be so).

3. by the time i retire, the story will be that celtic had 1 million fans in sevilla 2003!:lol::lol::lol:

4. buckleyism lives on!

I know more about football than you will ever know young man, and im am far from stubborn either, in fact no one has ever said that to me before :rolleyes:
3. by the time i retire, the story will be that celtic had 1 million fans in sevilla 2003!
Now that is being childish, listen pal i was there and you weren't, there was in FACT over 100,000 Celts there, that is NOT an exaggeration at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know more about football than you will ever know young man, and im am far from stubborn either, in fact no one has ever said that to me before :rolleyes:
Now that is being childish, listen pal i was there and you weren't, there was in FACT over 100,000 Celts there, that is NOT an exaggeration at all.

Grego that's you told apparently. That's two Celtic supporters you've upset this week:lol::lol:

saying things like i know more than you is pathetic. to keep it topical, the mere fact that you think henry would go to celtic, and even more so especially if it were purely financially motivated, and then say "FACT", is evidence enough.

another example of your cluelessness is how you link being in sevilla with a rationale behind why there were ("FACT":rolleyes:) over a 100,000. i was in athens for the final this year, that doesn't mean i know better than someone else how many reds were there. i didn't go round counting everyone for fcuk's sake:eek::rolleyes::lol:.

Grego that's you told apparently. That's two Celtic supporters you've upset this week:lol::lol:

yeah, i've been firmly put in my place.:eek::lol:

he knows more than me about football cos he says so and his daddy is better than my daddy!:lol:

saying things like i know more than you is pathetic. to keep it topical, the mere fact that you think henry would go to celtic, and even more so especially if it were purely financially motivated, and then say "FACT", is evidence enough.

another example of your cluelessness is how you link being in sevilla with a rationale behind why there were ("FACT":rolleyes:) over a 100,000. i was in athens for the final this year, that doesn't mean i know better than someone else how many reds were there. i didn't go round counting everyone for fcuk's sake:eek::rolleyes::lol:.

It is fact, local media said it, as did countless others, there was 100,000 Tims in Sevilla whether you choose to believe it or not.

I reiterate that Henry may well have gone to Celtic if the money would've been right,why do you think it's not possible that he would not do so, do you think it's beyond the realms of possibility or something:rolleyes: the vast majority of professional footballers thesedays are motivated by money, even im sure you wont deny that, and if there would've been a good enough offer i believe he would've gone to us,but we are not in the business of spending mega money on one player, the SPL may be a crap league but Henry would've still been guaranteed Champions League football, something any footballer worth their salt wants to play in, and seen as we done well to get where to we did last season there's no reason why we cant progress next season.

And i know lads who went to Athens for the CL final, said they estimate there was about 60,000 scousers there, so ill take their word for it.

It is fact, local media said it, as did countless others, there was 100,000 Tims in Sevilla whether you choose to believe it or not.

I reiterate that Henry may well have gone to Celtic if the money would've been right,why do you think it's not possible that he would not do so, do you think it's beyond the realms of possibility or something:rolleyes: the vast majority of professional footballers thesedays are motivated by money, even im sure you wont deny that, and if there would've been a good enough offer i believe he would've gone to us,but we are not in the business of spending mega money on one player, the SPL may be a crap league but Henry would've still been guaranteed Champions League football, something any footballer worth their salt wants to play in, and seen as we done well to get where to we did last season there's no reason why we cant progress next season.

And i know lads who went to Athens for the CL final, said they estimate there was about 60,000 scousers there, so ill take their word for it.

you make me laugh, so if the media says somethin it is a fact!:eek::eek: what age are you?;):rolleyes: the bottom line is that since the event, the figure has spiralled, from initial reports of 50,000 to 80,000 to well over 100,000 and even at one point in this thread you mentioned 120,000!:eek::lol:

but do you not see the foolishness of your logic to "take their word for it" cos they were there. what if the lads you know had no idea whatsoever and only read some exaggerated figure by a deluded fan on a forum or it was hearsay or chinese whispers of how many went. i went and read nearly every online paper in the week afterward and heard from anything between 30,000 to 100,000. do i just believe cos "the media said it??":eek::rolleyes::lol:

as for henry, you are missing the point. this isn't a pop at celtic cos i love the club, but i'm not blind either. henry having done what he has done and being arguably the best player in the world and rich beyond belief would have no interest going to celtic even for beckham like wages. in his defence, he has been and always will be a football person, he ain't no johnny foreigner that the brits love to hate, "taking our jobs" and the like. he wants to take things to a new level in his career and win champions league finals and la liga titles, not beat man utd once and get to a quarter and roll over dross in the SPL. even if many footballers are motivated by money, i stand by my point that you are clueless to think henry falls into this category and therefore deluded to believe he would move to celtic. so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that henry may one day play for celtic, but perhaps only when he is 37 and looking for one last pay day, but if that time comes then the goalposts for this argument will have shifted considerably.

ask yourself this question. why did he move to camp nou??

Oh... dare I....
You believe everything you read in the media? I had to spend time on the phone getting 5 corrections issued during just the 2 weeks I was on vacation :spank:

Henry is past being the type of player who'd just want to PLAY in the Champions League. He's the level of player who only wants to play for a team with a chance of WINNING the Champions League!

Now, I'll defend your right to believe what you want about your team... we all do. But please don't think for a minute that a non-Celtic supporter would buy this concept that Henry would play there. You're not going to sway anyone by belaboring the argument!

Oh... dare I....

You believe everything you read in the media? I had to spend time on the phone getting 5 corrections issued during just the 2 weeks I was on vacation :spank:

Henry is past being the type of player who'd just want to PLAY in the Champions League. He's the level of player who only wants to play for a team with a chance of WINNING the Champions League!

Now, I'll defend your right to believe what you want about your team... we all do. But please don't think for a minute that a non-Celtic supporter would buy this concept that Henry would play there. You're not going to sway anyone by belaboring the argument!

why don't you copy what i said morbs?;):lol:

Jonny - surely you see that your stance on the Henry issue is making it impossible for any other opinion (in relation to Celtic) to be seen as objective?

Why do you think others are expressing amazement that you claim it's not outlandish to suggest Henry would to sign for Celtic?

Back