Latest Football Transfers

grego the reason henry went to barca is because he wants to win the champions league not because he wants to play in it and maybe get through the group stage maybe not ! i think everyone in the world knows this apart from jonny !
he has said himself its the only competition he has yet to win and is desperate to win it ! even at this point if offered 130000+ a week by celtic he would not have went he is so rich he probably doesnt care about money as said before !
HE WANTS TO WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE !

grego the reason henry went to barca is because he wants to win the champions league not because he wants to play in it and maybe get through the group stage maybe not ! i think everyone in the world knows this apart from jonny !
he has said himself its the only competition he has yet to win and is desperate to win it ! even at this point if offered 130000+ a week by celtic he would not have went he is so rich he probably doesnt care about money as said before !
HE WANTS TO WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE !

well thats what i was getting at - conveniently jonny avoided answering that one. i think that is one major reason why he left, but the future of arsenal (minus dein and poss. wenger next year) was also a big factor.

well thats what i was getting at - conveniently jonny avoided answering that one. i think that is one major reason why he left, but the future of arsenal (minus dein and poss. wenger next year) was also a big factor.

I didn't avoid answering nothing,joining Barcelona doesn't mean a guarantee of wining anything let alone the CL,as i said maybe he thoight was time for a fresh challenge and some decent weather, just like when superstar Larsson left us to go to Barca.

if celtic were a team that was in a position to offer that kind of money then we would be challenging for the champions league

if celtic were a team that was in a position to offer that kind of money then we would be challenging for the champions league

and your point is...................

exactly, they are not, so he wouldn't consider moving to celtic, but for the latter reason you give, not the former

I didn't avoid answering nothing,joining Barcelona doesn't mean a guarantee of wining anything let alone the CL,as i said maybe he thoight was time for a fresh challenge and some decent weather, just like when superstar Larsson left us to go to Barca.

of course they are no 100% guarantees but he has a better chance of winning CL at FCB than at celtic, la liga is better than SPL, he will playing at a higher standard, etc etc etc.

jeez, how many times does it take for you to get it.

a fresh challenge, you make it sound like he was in 2 minds over FCB and the dog and duck pub team, cos in terms of being a fresh challenge, both qualify. get real, when you say a fresh challenge, you basically mean cos he wants to play at a higher level and try to win more/better trophies!:rolleyes:

of course they are no 100% guarantees but he has a better chance of winning CL at FCB than at celtic, la liga is better than SPL, he will playing at a higher standard, etc etc etc.

jeez, how many times does it take for you to get it.

a fresh challenge, you make it sound like he was in 2 minds over FCB and the dog and duck pub team, cos in terms of being a fresh challenge, both qualify. get real, when you say a fresh challenge, you basically mean cos he wants to play at a higher level and try to win more/better trophies!:rolleyes:

Don't try and patrionise me with your crap, how long does it take me to get it:rolleyes: fcuks sake,he originally said he left because David Dein had left and he feared Wenger was going too,now we can either take him at face value over this or assume he just wanted a change,fresh challenge, or just a bigger payday who knows, who fcuking cares,im actually bored discussing this topic but people like you keep dragging it up, id sooner some moderator just deleted it or locked it.

And how many "dog and duck" teams:rolleyes: get to the Champions League quarter finals with no world class players then,time to catch yourself on.

Don't try and patrionise me with your crap, how long does it take me to get it:rolleyes: fcuks sake,he originally said he left because David Dein had left and he feared Wenger was going too,now we can either take him at face value over this or assume he just wanted a change,fresh challenge, or just a bigger payday who knows, who fcuking cares,im actually bored discussing this topic but people like you keep dragging it up, id sooner some moderator just deleted it or locked it.

And how many "dog and duck" teams:rolleyes: get to the Champions League quarter finals with no world class players then,time to catch yourself on.

so why didn't you answer with the dein/wenger reason when i asked it 3 times......(bbc sport not working??;)).

but you're still missing it, if he wants a fresh challenge, that in itself eqautes to the fact he wants to be successful more often and for better trophies (i.e CL).

the reason the topic hasn't ended is because we are debating something, what would be the point of discussing something and then stopping before each side had had a chance to logically argue their POV and respond to questions, etc.

what makes you think the dog and duck team referred to celtic, my point was that by fresh challenge you trivialise his decision, as playing for a dog and duck team would be an extremely fresh challenge. not like you to get the wrong end of the stick tho.....:rolleyes:

reo-coker to villa.

on the subject of transfer fees, apparently the torres fee is under £20m.......

i wouldn't even call that a big fee really in today's climate. besides, if the cash is available then money is no object. if liverpool can afford £20m and chelsea £40m then liverpool don't get a better deal by getting the player cheaper, as chelsea can afford more. comprende??

Carlos Tevez rumoured to be joining Man U as per Radio Five Sport this morning.

Bad news for West Ham but I'm glad he's staying in the Premiership as he's a brilliant player :D

Carlos Tevez rumoured to be joining Man U as per Radio Five Sport this morning.

Bad news for West Ham but I'm glad he's staying in the Premiership as he's a brilliant player :D
He IS brilliant... never gives up, good on the ball, scores goals, extremely fast. Sad he's not staying with the Hammers.

Looks like Chelsea might get Florent Malouda from Lyon after all...

Looks like Chelsea might get Florent Malouda from Lyon after all...

we were after him for a while too, think when he got sniff of chelsea then he was set on that move.

i have to say he is one of them "unknown" types for me. every time i've seen him play for club or country he has been very much hit and miss, more miss usually.

but he is a permanent fixture of the national team.

Back