Latest Football Transfers

but he is a permanent fixture of the national team.
...and he was voted player of the year in France last year, for whatever that's worth.

He said, and of course this is just newspaper speak, that he didn't like how the Reds approached through agents as opposed to CFC where people contacted him directly. He also used to play with Drogba.

We'll see how it goes... I'll be sad to see Arjen Robben go if they decide he'd be surplus with Malouda.

yes, Robben is often crocked, and yes he used to dive (no comment on that Reina incident!) and now (after the backlash) there are times when he tries to run through tackles and just gets crocked some more.... but he's still a player who can come on and turn games or give attacking options from the start.

...and he was voted player of the year in France last year, for whatever that's worth.

He said, and of course this is just newspaper speak, that he didn't like how the Reds approached through agents as opposed to CFC where people contacted him directly. He also used to play with Drogba.

We'll see how it goes... I'll be sad to see Arjen Robben go if they decide he'd be surplus with Malouda.

yes, Robben is often crocked, and yes he used to dive (no comment on that Reina incident!) and now (after the backlash) there are times when he tries to run through tackles and just gets crocked some more.... but he's still a player who can come on and turn games or give attacking options from the start.

he falls into the category for me off el hadji diouf and cisse. both have pedigree (african nations player of year and french player of year/several times top scorer respectively).............whilst neither really lived up to that pedigree. cisse in fact jsut looked like he was not good enough, all things considered.

Never quite figured out what the deal is with Cisse.... gotta be one of the fastest people I've seen play football (how good is he at getting in behind defenders!?).

With Diouf and Cisse, attitude always seems to be a huge problem. I hope Malouda isn't like that!

He might turn out to be a decent player once seperated from that clown Abidal. Worst player I've seen since Mark Walters retired.

Never quite figured out what the deal is with Cisse.... gotta be one of the fastest people I've seen play football (how good is he at getting in behind defenders!?).

With Diouf and Cisse, attitude always seems to be a huge problem.....

That, coupled lack of technical ability....

steve davis to fulham from villa not a big move but as a big northern ireland fan having watched him star all the time he should do well given the chance ! villa player of the season 2years ago then martin o neill didn't give him much of a chance last year
as a utd fan i'm not too sure about tevez joining although he is a great player i think utd need more of a target man like berbatov.....isn't tevez just like rooney ??? saying that the move should only go to streghten utd alot :p

Rangers

defender Carlos Cuellar from Osasuna - circa £2.5m

:)

any Spain based Spotlights got any comments on the guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rangers

defender Carlos Cuellar from Osasuna - circa £2.5m

:)

any Spain based Spotlights got any comments on the guy?

Does this signing have anything to do with the uefa cup tie from last year? he mustve impressed!

His name is familiar, but he's not a big star in spain.. hope he turns out to be a good buy. 8)

Reo-Coker. Talks the talk. thinks he is the dogs. says he's too good for West Ham. stuts around like he is off to Man U.

signs for villa - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Both fell out of the same ugly tree!

haha very true ! though lookin at utds team in the paper today my opinion has changed they will be very very hard to beat nxt season bring it on !
as for reo coker slow gives the ball away alot and fouls alot
thats based on U21 championships

walters wasn't a bad player actually. frustrating at times but had talent.

scored some crucial goals too....

Grego the first time that you and I will disagree but he was as bad as anything I have seen at Anfield since the glory days of 86. Even acid tablet seems to have forged a career in coaching himself.

Maybe I have overlooked someone amongst some of the mediocrity that we have had.:?:

Grego the first time that you and I will disagree but he was as bad as anything I have seen at Anfield since the glory days of 86. Even acid tablet seems to have forged a career in coaching himself.

Maybe I have overlooked someone amongst some of the mediocrity that we have had.:?:

One trick walters...!!

but what a trick.

of the souness era he is nowhere near the worst and his goalscoring record was decent too me thinks pretty much everywhere he played

Last edited by a moderator:
Back